Danny Roddy Possibly Censored RP On The Authoritarian Interview ?

OP
J

jaguar43

He won't release it, he has begun selling Peats ideas to a market, the philosophical aspect is currently over the markets head, people don't buy what they don't understand?

Yes well I don't know if people would want to pay him to teach them about Hegel and Authoritarianism. I really don't know how someone could market that.

OP
J

jaguar43

jag2594 thank you for this thread. Just bumping this for @whodathunkit :)

I appreciate the post. It feels good to know that when you start a thread that gets the whole forum hating you. But then there is someone who stands with you even when it is unpopular to do so.:chaplin

Last edited:

Suikerbuik

Awhhh poor jag :blackeye::kissingclosed:

Has anyone heard an unedited version yet?

Catcream

When i first started reading this column several years ago, hoping to learn , maybe contribute, participate, fairly quickly a hierarchy was evident...there are a bunch of people who seem to hold credence, no matter what they say and others seem to tug their forelocks a bit to them. It made me slightly hesitant to pipe up for a while. It's also interesting to me how strongly one's personality is evident on a forum ( this is the only forum I have ever been strongly interested in in all my years ) But it becomes more evident that some are more equal than others... jag2594 wonders if there is any censoring in interviews being done, specifically in an eponymous interview of this forum ( all hail ! ) , someone who is apparently anti authoritarian and enquiring and why is it so offensive to people that he would not just blindly accept. Bit fascist , no ? Is it wrong to question motive and politics ? That's why initially I was so excited by this alternate science and viewpoint. Same with the questioning of DSMO in haidut's products. That didn't come across at all to me as attack but as consumer concern and as a consumer of Haidut's products I would like to know that they are able to stand critical examination.

OP
J

jaguar43

Awhhh poor jag :blackeye::kissingclosed:

Has anyone heard an unedited version yet?

I haven't hear of anything yet. Though it would be nice to hear the unedited version. Such an interesting interview.

Peatish Ninja

It's also interesting to me how strongly one's personality is evident on a forum ( this is the only forum I have ever been strongly interested in in all my years ) But it becomes more evident that some are more equal than others... jag2594 wonders if there is any censoring in interviews being done, specifically in an eponymous interview of this forum ( all hail ! ) , someone who is apparently anti authoritarian and enquiring and why is it so offensive to people that he would not just blindly accept. Bit fascist , no ? Is it wrong to question motive and politics ?

Uncertainty begets fear and fear begets blindness which leads us to 16 pages of unrestrained criticism.

Tarmander

When i first started reading this column several years ago, hoping to learn , maybe contribute, participate, fairly quickly a hierarchy was evident...there are a bunch of people who seem to hold credence, no matter what they say and others seem to tug their forelocks a bit to them. It made me slightly hesitant to pipe up for a while. It's also interesting to me how strongly one's personality is evident on a forum ( this is the only forum I have ever been strongly interested in in all my years ) But it becomes more evident that some are more equal than others... jag2594 wonders if there is any censoring in interviews being done, specifically in an eponymous interview of this forum ( all hail ! ) , someone who is apparently anti authoritarian and enquiring and why is it so offensive to people that he would not just blindly accept. Bit fascist , no ? Is it wrong to question motive and politics ? That's why initially I was so excited by this alternate science and viewpoint. Same with the questioning of DSMO in haidut's products. That didn't come across at all to me as attack but as consumer concern and as a consumer of Haidut's products I would like to know that they are able to stand critical examination.

I think you have to understand that the people here on the forum do not represent Ray. Just like in Christianity you have your wackos that ignore most of Jesus' stuff. Also, most people on here are in some kind of liver distress from coffee, or B vitamins, or any of the other substances that help the liver out, but which make you impatient, frustrated, and more prone to emotion. I know I have made a few posts while ramping up my caffeine intake, that I look back on and cringe a bit. I am saying do not expect perfection, and just because there are human foibles and flaws does not mean there is not value here.

Drareg

I think you have to understand that the people here on the forum do not represent Ray. Just like in Christianity you have your wackos that ignore most of Jesus' stuff. Also, most people on here are in some kind of liver distress from coffee, or B vitamins, or any of the other substances that help the liver out, but which make you impatient, frustrated, and more prone to emotion. I know I have made a few posts while ramping up my caffeine intake, that I look back on and cringe a bit. I am saying do not expect perfection, and just because there are human foibles and flaws does not mean there is not value here.
:+1

Having the courage to post and engage differing views is a sign of healthy metabolism IMO, you learn more from the experience.

Drareg

You should give more clear examples otherwise it appears you are behaving in the manner you claim Jag is, your asking people to accept your view.
You have created a straw-man.

Haidut engages almost everyone who questions his products, differing opinions to yours is not a hierarchy at work but you projecting your bias.

OP
J

jaguar43

Uncertainty begets fear and fear begets blindness which leads us to 16 pages of unrestrained criticism.

I think uncertainty has been used as an excuse for not addressing the problem. If people were concerned about the uncertainty of the situation, then they would have email Peat or Roddy about the situation and tried to get to the bottom of the issue. Instead they went after me for questioning the interviewers motives. Some said that it didn't matter if he censored Peat, others said it was Roddy's choice regardless if he did. This was already a preconceived answer without answering the original argument.

Greg says

I appreciate the post. It feels good to know that when you start a thread that gets the whole forum hating you. But then there is someone who stands with you even when it is unpopular to do so.:chaplin
I know I have made a few posts while ramping up my caffeine intake, that I look back on and cringe a bit.

Interesting perspective. Yes, the liver, the seat of emotion.

I too have looked back on some of my past posts and thought who the f**k wrote that.

OP
J

jaguar43

I too have looked back on some of my past posts and thought who the f**k wrote that.

What was the point in quoting me with Tarmanders remarks ? Are you trying to say something indirectly ?

Greg says

I was noting something Tarmanders said. I didn't even notice your bit and didn't intend to quote you. So, no, I'm not indirectly trying to say something.

keith

Can someone make an edited version of this thread? I'm interested in reading it, but there is so much repetition and irrelevant information posted that I'm struggling to get through it all. I'm sure a competent editor could eliminate at least 22% of the content without altering any of the meaning or censoring anyone's thoughts. :wacky:

OP
J

jaguar43

Can someone make an edited version of this thread? I'm interested in reading it, but there is so much repetition and irrelevant information posted that I'm struggling to get through it all. I'm sure a competent editor could eliminate at least 22% of the content without altering any of the meaning or censoring anyone's thoughts. :wacky:

Good one.

But unfortunately I don't think Ray Peat would say repetitive and irrelevant things on any interview. Making a humorous comment doesn't prove your argument that it's ok to edit things out.

keith

Good one.

But unfortunately I don't think Ray Peat would say repetitive and irrelevant things on any interview. Making a humorous comment doesn't prove your argument that it's ok to edit things out.

There you are wrong, my friend, since I have no argument and was just trying to make a humorous comment, which you conceded above, so victory is mine!

:partydance

OP
J

jaguar43

There you are wrong, my friend, since I have no argument and was just trying to make a humorous comment, which you conceded above, so victory is mine!

:partydance

So wait, you don't think it's a good idea to edit Ray Peat ?

Tarmander

Lol yeah man. I hear ya. I once went truth mode on a lady who was chest deep into an eating disorder. When she threatened to kill herself...well you live and learn.