Cholinergics are the only thing that makes my digestion move

LucH

dairy is problematic ?
Calcium and zinc may compete for common absorption sites
1) Ca supplement above 40 mg could interfere with zinc absorption. But the scientific studies are inconsistent or not completely ascertain. Some studies (cited from memory) indicate that supplementing with calcium – not from foodstuff – could interfere with zinc bioavailability. Calcium and zinc may compete at common absorption sites. Thus it’s advised to take the two supplements at different moments.

And moreover, a study has shown that, during zinc supplementation, the intestinal absorption of calcium was significantly lower during a low calcium intake. But not if normal.
For Ray PEAT, a normal range is +/ 750 mg Ca. The balance must be found between basic and acidifying trace elements, of course, to determine the optimal level of Ca.

2) Copper and zinc supplements are antagonists, which means they work against one another and compete for binding sites. Excess zinc can lead to a copper deficiency and vice versa. When you have an imbalance in the two, it can lead to health problems. (a)
How much zinc is too much?
Total zinc (i.e. from food and supplements) should not exceed 40 mg per day for adults aged 19 years and older. At levels above this, zinc can interfere with the absorption of copper (since these nutrients compete for the same absorption site), potentially leading to a copper deficiency (2a).
It is fairly easy to alter your ratio of dietary zinc to copper through food or supplements, but this doesn’t necessarily result in a shift in blood levels of zinc and copper, unless intake becomes extreme, or an inflammatory condition is present (1-5a).
Secondly, there are other nutrients, most notably iron, that interfere with the absorption of copper and zinc, thereby altering the ratio of zinc to copper in the blood, but not the diet (1-5a). (Ca too if > 40 mg, note’s editor, but results are inconstant).

Source:
a. Understanding Nutrient Ratios: Zinc and Copper | susanmacfarlanenutrition.com
b. Copper to Zinc: Achieving the Right Balance | Deanna Minich

moa

right now I'm doing the following stack daily :

- Vitamin C liposomal 1.5g
- fisetin liposomal with a bit quercetin
- alpha lipoic acid 300mg
- inositol around 1g
- lithium (supplemental low dose)
- multi B complex active forms (at 5mg thiamine)
- copper bisglycinate 2mg (or 4mg some days)
- vitamin k2 mk4 1mg + mk7 250ug with some calcium (milk or eggshell supplements)
- vitamin D3 4000UI (have been doing this for 8 months now)
- occasionally i take selenium and molybdenum (maybe twice a week)
- niacinamide 30mg to 50mg twice per day with meals
- some days i add a bit of extra thiamine, like 20mg
- occasionally 80mg r5p B2, maybe once or twice per week
- glycine a full teaspoon twice per day or so
- taurine 1g twice per day
- coffee
- melatonin 0.5mg under tongue to protect from dark, before sleep

i stopped taking tyrosine and bcaa for now.

I'm not really taking zinc any longer for now, i may start adding some after some time, but don't feel the need to take zinc right now (especially that i took zinc daily for many months until October without copper).

i still don't take any oral magnesium supplements (for fear of acid reflux or gut irritation).

generally i feel better with gut, and the addition of inositol and lithium (along glycine), feels good on my mental state. maybe i should increase the amount of inositol ?

taurine with K2 seems to be fine, regarding toxic bile, nothing special or too irritating for now.

i received the citrulline, haven't tried yet. i know it's not peaty but it does provide antioxidant activity, I've been using lysine for many months but now i suspect was not doing any good, maybe even triggering mast cell activation. that's why i would rather try and experiment with citrulline, but not yet, maybe later, don't want to mess things up right now if it's working.

Last edited:

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
You need the B vitamins for proper acetylcholine synthesis. But especially B1, B2, B5, folate and B12.

I notice very potent pro-cholinergic effects from even low doses of B1, that limits my ability to take it consistently.
Sinatra,
What doses of B1 have this effect for you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals