Low Toxin Logs Charlie's Low Toxin Lifestyle (diet, supplements, etc)

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie

Would it be ok to take cyproheptadine to offset the serotonin increqse during the flush ? Would that affect any of the potential niacin benefits ?
Cyproheptadine is poison so personally I would not take it.

Peater

Cyproheptadine is a pretty toxic medication that can lastingly alter brain chemistry to the negative, like all first-generation anti-histamines. It should never be taken and if you still want to take it then it should only be taken for acute issues, and then only for 2-3 days. Ray Peat himself said to not use it more often than a couple times.

The forum has taken a lot of stick for the recent turn of events and 'restricting information' etc so I have to ask:

How have I only just heard of this with 10 years as a member?

mosaic01

How have I only just heard of this with 10 years as a member?

Most of what you highlighted is just my opinion on it.

If you mean the Peat quote, I thought it was well-known that he only recommended cypro short-term. Unfortunately, I can't find a quote right now.

Peater

Most of what you highlighted is just my opinion on it.

If you mean the Peat quote, I thought it was well-known that he only recommended cypro short-term. Unfortunately, I can't find a quote right now.
Apart from possible weight gain though, I can't remember down sides like that ever being mentioned. It was only fairly recently I found out it's not great for the liver.

I like its effects but...

mosaic01

Apart from possible weight gain though, I can't remember down sides like that ever being mentioned. It was only fairly recently I found out it's not great for the liver.

I like its effects but...

I think it can seriously mess with brain chemistry and dopamine. Also liver injury.

youngsinatra

Why do they do that?
It has something to do with cholinergic signaling and the vagal tone. If I remember correctly, histamine and acetylcholine directly stimulate biliary secretion. (in vivo and vitro)

I personally believe it’s also partially due to it’s inhibitory effect on stomach acid secretion.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I wasn’t sure where to post this, but over the past two weeks my 3 youngest children have been waking up with very goopy eyes and developing eye goop throughout the day by their tear ducts. None of them have ever had anything like that before. Could this possibly be some type of detox?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Cyproheptadine is poison so personally I would not take it.
Hi charlie why do you think cyproheptadine is poison is it because of potentially negative effects on the liver? Do you think it is poisonous in all cases? I found it to be a lifesaving supplement for people going through withdrawal from drug addiction and to treat serotonin syndrome.

Aromasin

Forum Supporter
I could not eat so many grains and beans Charlie, without a ton of calcium, or my teeth would suffer. I cut dairy out for many years and my teeth became so sensitive and transparent. I love them though, but eat them sprouted now, which makes a huge difference. I still eat beans occasionally, like less than a half cup, like Ray did enjoying a little hummus once in awhile. I have read they are good at mopping up some estrogens too, and helpful to those with cystic acne.
Do you know anything about how to "remineralize" the teeth/enamel?
@charlie do you perhaps know anything about this? How's your teeth health now on this low toxin lifestyle etc?

Last edited:
OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I wasn’t sure where to post this, but over the past two weeks my 3 youngest children have been waking up with very goopy eyes and developing eye goop throughout the day by their tear ducts. None of them have ever had anything like that before. Could this possibly be some type of detox?
Yes.
Hi charlie why do you think cyproheptadine is poison is it because of potentially negative effects on the liver? Do you think it is poisonous in all cases? I found it to be a lifesaving supplement for people going through withdrawal from drug addiction and to treat serotonin syndrome.
I think for circumstances like you mentioned the positives outweigh the negatives and cyproheptadine can be used for a short time to get that person off drugs. Ray Peat has said that things like cyphroheptadine used on the regular will eventually cause issues and should only be used for short periods if needed. So inherently Ray Peat is saying the cyproheptadine is toxic.

Do you know anything about how to "remineralize" the teeth/enamel?
@charlie do you perhaps know anything about this? How's your teeth health now on this low toxin lifestyle etc?
I used daily vitamin k1, vitamin D and calcium. I even had a chip in the center of my front tooth that has filled in really good. This was six or so years ago and my son was my weekly witness. I had no need to take photos at the time, but now I wish I had taken some.

orangebear

I used daily vitamin k1, vitamin D and calcium. I even had a chip in the center of my front tooth that has filled in really good. This was six or so years ago and my son was my weekly witness. I had no need to take photos at the time, but now I wish I had taken some.
How much of each did you take?

How much of each did you take?
I took whatever bottle said. I never thought I would have a platform to share what I was doing past teaching my son about the power one has to heal themselves with food and nutrition. Back then my teeth were transparent from avoiding dairy and eating grains so I also flipped that and got rid of the grains and took back my milk. My teeth recovered fast, in about six months.

FrankMa

@charlie

So the low toxin eating / lifestyle basically is:
- eating the recommended foods, high carb, high protein, low fat
- taking the 5 minerals
- having enough of the right fibre
- taking Niacin to speed up detox

Besides that, fresh air, light, movement, sauna, emf protection.

Did I miss something?
So no need to purchase the love you liver membership?

FrankMa

@charlie
I love eating meet.
After one year of oranges, other fruit and milk it was a game changer to me ( even though I felt quite good on fruit and milk)
nevertheless I am wondering if there is a vegan version of the low toxin diet.

Brundle

A vegan version of low-toxin eating could be more of a classic "Rice and Beans" type of vegan diet.
Still low-fat and clean. You'd probably be healthier than most health-focused vegans, who are eating all of the colorful fruits and vegetables.

WonMore

Ray Peat has said that things like cyphroheptadine used on the regular will eventually cause issues and should only be used for short periods if needed. So inherently Ray Peat is saying the cyproheptadine is toxic.
This is not true. I posted it in the other thread, I'm gonna post it here as well:
"Regarding Peat and his recommendation: I have asked him, and he said that doses like 5-6mg are probably safe over a long time. He added that some people he knew needed doses of up to 24mg to feel right again."
Actually, Ray enlisted small doses of cyproheptadine as one of the few very safe supplements to take orally. This can be found for example in description of "Safe Supplements with Ray Peat" episode of Generative Energy podcast.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals