Cavities because of cp growth??

Andman

wasnt there a thread sometime ago of a user who experienced rapid dental decline after starting thyroid? maybe related

Indeed, but why would that lead to cavities worsening? Or what's the mechanism behind it?

I had to have a root canal removed when my CP rose to 35.

Perhaps the model of cavities caused by bacteria is wrong. Perhaps the body mounts a defense against the "bad" dentin resulting in a "cavity" and it isn't a passive eating-away by bacteria that we are all taught.

S-VV

More CO2 => more carbonic acid => lower saliva pH => dissolution of calcified dental mass

I think

TheSir

I had to have a root canal removed when my CP rose to 35.
From what I understand, this is because root canals cause slight bacteremia that will keep the immune system busy preventing the CP from rising higher. It's kind of a different thing altogether -- though cavities would limit CP growth in an identical manner too. So what we're dealing with is CP-caused teeth problems rather than teeth-caused CP limitations.
Perhaps the model of cavities caused by bacteria is wrong. Perhaps the body mounts a defense against the "bad" dentin resulting in a "cavity" and it isn't a passive eating-away by bacteria that we are all taught.
That's an interesting idea. Somewhat related, I've read anecdotes of decay disappearing as a consequence of improved gut or liver health.

More CO2 => more carbonic acid => lower saliva pH => dissolution of calcified dental mass
That could be a potential explanation. In this case going a little slower could most likely prevent the issue by giving the kidneys more time to adjust to the increased acidity caused by eleveted CO2.

OP
B

Bertje

This is a known occurrence in the Buteyko circles. At first increasing CP may cause cavities to worsen, but once pushed through your teeth will become much stronger than before, as the antibacterial and remineralizing properties of your saliva increase. I'm not sure what's the reasoning behind the phenomenon, perhaps increased availability of oxygen helps the caries causing bacteria thrive?
So maybe I was already experiencing these cavities but at a very low level...?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals