I did Buteyko for a full year... dont waist your money on this people...

Bertje

One year a go I started a buteyko cursus with a instructor, I realy believed in that this would work to finally improve my health... I started with a cp of 15-20 seconds, and worked my way up to a morning cp of 40 seconds, what did I gain? Well I only gained a higher cp, thats all... my acne is just as worse as one year a go, mood and energy levels are just as bad, my hypoglycemia symptoms are just as bad, my dizzines is increased, also sweaty palms and anxiety is gotten even worse, I also developed cavities for the first time in 10 years! I also feel colder and I developed this weird heart palpitations thing what I get now and then... so if there are here people thinking of also to do a buteyko course, just dont... dont be as stupid as me its just another scam to get your money...

yerrag

I took a Buteyko course about 10 yrs ago. I was hoping for it to lower my BP. Sadly, it increased it.

However, my frustration didn't last long because I realized later that it's not the answer to everything in terms of being an immediate cure.

We take many supplements hoping for something to improve. There are gazillion of hormones and nootropics. Most will work just as poorly in terms of giving immediate improvement. No one complains.

It's because everyone thinks something else is missing.

Take Buteyko this way as well.

Buteyko trainers don't have all the answers. They just train you how to breathe in a way that increases CO2 stores in your body. Whether it fixes you up by itself is dependent on your context. But when it doesn't work, they are just as dumbfounded as most of us here are.

For what it's worth, I learned to keep my mouth closed, though anyone could have told me that for free. But having to pay for it makes me value more that advice and practice and live it.

The instructors don't know what I know now how precious CO2 is in our body. It is the chemical that the body uses to quickly adjust our acid-base balance.

But we don't really need Buteyko if our body is in that state of balance. But how many people know how to keep that state in them? Not many. For me, it is a very useful aid. But I hope people don't depend on it as a permanent crutch.

Dr. Buteyko noticed this helps people who breathe thru their mouth in critical care and in old age to be very unhealthy and would soon die. He developed this breathing technique to help overcome their very unbalanced state. It was not meant to make them very healthy people. There is a big difference hanging by the edge of a cliff and climbing mountains without an oxygen tank.

You need to work in other areas. Buteyko will not fix your deficiencies, nor your lack of adequate sun exposure, nor your ADE (antibody dependent enhancement) from COVID vaxing.