Can liver or cheese cause hair shedding?

Josh

What could be causing some hair shedding? The only thing I’ve done different is I’ve re started eating organic lamb liver, about 40g on Mon, Tues and Wednesday every week for past few weeks, and I’ve also started eating some mild organic cheddar cheese (only about 20-30g a day of the cheese).

I don’t see how liver would be causing this? … To balance out the Vit A: I think I get sufficient Vit D through rubbing lots of Vit d on my skin daily and used Sperti Fiji a lot over past few weeks (Last time tested was July at 104nmol/L with 5-200 range), Take Vit E high dose on a Monday, Vit k2 oil 2-3 drops a day.

The extra cheese? I have had issues with ALL forms of dairy causing eczema in the past, But I seem to be able to tolerate no more than 20-30g of mild cheese with no issue at the moment (I used to get SUPER bad eczema on my hands/fingers, but I cleared this up I think mainly through using the spirit Fiji UVA/UVB lamp on them this year, so am I hiding any allergic reactions I would have had to the cheese and could that then be whats causing the hair shedding?

Thanks!

redsun

What could be causing some hair shedding? The only thing I’ve done different is I’ve re started eating organic lamb liver, about 40g on Mon, Tues and Wednesday every week for past few weeks, and I’ve also started eating some mild organic cheddar cheese (only about 20-30g a day of the cheese).

I don’t see how liver would be causing this? … To balance out the Vit A: I think I get sufficient Vit D through rubbing lots of Vit d on my skin daily and used Sperti Fiji a lot over past few weeks (Last time tested was July at 104nmol/L with 5-200 range), Take Vit E high dose on a Monday, Vit k2 oil 2-3 drops a day.

The extra cheese? I have had issues with ALL forms of dairy causing eczema in the past, But I seem to be able to tolerate no more than 20-30g of mild cheese with no issue at the moment (I used to get SUPER bad eczema on my hands/fingers, but I cleared this up I think mainly through using the spirit Fiji UVA/UVB lamp on them this year, so am I hiding any allergic reactions I would have had to the cheese and could that then be whats causing the hair shedding?

Thanks!
Cheese isnt going to do this... You could eat tons and nothing will ever happen. I assure you it is definitely the excess vitamin A intake from liver 3x a week even if its a small amount because all forms of liver have tons of retinol. Hair shedding is a known side effect of excess vitamin A intake. Many people are under the impression that you can balance out high A intake with other fat solubles. It does not work like that. The vitamin A will still do things in the body and thus you will be vulnerable to side effects of excess retinol intake. It will likely stop once you stop eating liver.

L_C

Cheese isnt going to do this... You could eat tons and nothing will ever happen. I assure you it is definitely the excess vitamin A intake from liver 3x a week even if its a small amount because all forms of liver have tons of retinol. Hair shedding is a known side effect of excess vitamin A intake. Many people are under the impression that you can balance out high A intake with other fat solubles. It does not work like that. The vitamin A will still do things in the body and thus you will be vulnerable to side effects of excess retinol intake. It will likely stop once you stop eating liver.
So then what antagonizes vitamin A the most? What would be the fastest way to reduce vitamin A toxicity?...obviously not eating liver and what else?

redsun

So then what antagonizes vitamin A the most? What would be the fastest way to reduce vitamin A toxicity?...obviously not eating liver and what else?
You have to wait it out. Eventually excess retinol will be excreted but its half life is long. You really cannot speed up this process. But the hair loss from excess A can be somewhat mitigated by eating foods high in iron. Iron and zinc is very helpful for reducing hair shedding in most cases so high iron and zinc foods like beef or other red meat like lamb would be a good idea as well as potatoes as they have a decent amount of minerals as well as a being a good source of copper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals