Can hypercalcemia increase insulin resistance?

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
As the title says.

Im in spain, and i think i have figured out i have too much vitamin D levels compared to vitamin A and K levels.
I have kuinone and are eating duck hearts (rich in MK4), but it doesn't help.
It gets worse when i tan and after i tan.
It get especially worse when i eat diary (lots of calcium there).

I found this post from @haidut :

Vitamin A Blocks The Hypercalcemia From Vitamin D

Im now gonna try eating lots of beef liver and see if that helps.

Eating carbs also makes everything worse.
Can hypercalcemia increase insulin resistance?

Bliss

*** This is based on my own experience and other’s reports. It is not standard ‘Peat’ ***

Some things that get worse during / after sun exposure can be due to increased circulation of retinoid metabolites. Do you have a history of consuming liver or cod liver oil / lots of orange vegetables and leafy greens / use of accutaine or retin-A or other skin creams and suncreams containing retinol?

Excessive vitamin A can also cause hypercalcemia, eg: Refractory hypercalcemia owing to vitamin A toxicity in a 4-year-old boy

However, if you supplement vit A (via eating liver) you may experience a paradoxical improvement of symptoms (Vit A has a suppressive effect on its own conversion to active metabolites). In this case the improvement would be temporary, symptoms would eventually creep back…

Last edited:
OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Okey, that is interesting.
I havent had much vitamin A prior to this tho, and my symptoms get worse when and after I'm in the sun. Doesnt that suggest, in my case, its too much vitamin D and too little vitamin A?

@Daniel North It could just be a release of estrogen from the adipose tissue and liver (yes, vitamin D does that) or simply excessive ROS/histamine...not necessarily that it's moving the retinol...think nitric oxide.

Bliss

Okey, that is interesting.
I havent had much vitamin A prior to this tho, and my symptoms get worse when and after I'm in the sun. Doesnt that suggest, in my case, its too much vitamin D and too little vitamin A?
Yes, if you have no history of exposure to significant sources of vitamin A then it’s unlikely to be your problem.

Do you have other symptoms besides insulin resistance that are triggered by sun exposure / dairy and carb consumption?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals