Taking Vitamin K And D Induce Intense Chest Pain, Mg Provides Instant Relief

Hevel

I know this reaction is not common and relates to my other health issues, on my latest blood test(1 year ago), my serum calcium level was above range(10.6) I think it's safe to assume it's even higher now and I may have developed hypercalcemia/calcification, after reading all I can about this problem, I was sure that taking Vitamin K and fixing a Vitamin D deficiency may help reverse this problem, but every time I tried to take these two vitamins(no matter the brand or dosage), I have the same reaction, my chest tightens up and if I don't take Magnesium within the same hour the pain spreads to my left hand and to my upper left back, luckily 200-400mg of Magnesium is enough to make all of this go away instantly.

Strangely enough, sunbathing/using UVB light and eating foods high in Vitamin K don't have the same ill-effect so I think there's something about synthetic MK4 and D3 that interferes with Magnesium absorption, at least according to this site{Calcium Magnesium: DRI/RDA, overdose, deficiency, side effects, toxicity} both K and D are listed as Mg inhibitors.

My question is this, other than taking Magnesium, what other steps one can take in order to reduce blood calcium levels and reverse arterial calcification/Hypercaclcemia? Any input and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

mmb82

Magnesium, Vitamin K2, boron, and L-lysine help to return calcium balance to normal, but Vitamin A (not beta-carotene) is the most important. I would also avoid vitamin D, as the main role of vitamin D is to increase calcium absorption.
Getting a good source of silica (like bamboo tea, horsetail tea, or diatomaceous earth) may also be beneficial.

Have you taken vitamin K and vitamin D separately to verify that both of them cause issues or are you always taking them together (which may mean you only really have an adverse reaction to one)?
Also, have you gotten any more recent blood tests or a hair test to verify calcium levels? Have you ever taken a vitamin D supplement or cod liver oil or were you taking high doses of calcium?

EIRE24

Magnesium, Vitamin K2, boron, and L-lysine help to return calcium balance to normal, but Vitamin A (not beta-carotene) is the most important. I would also avoid vitamin D, as the main role of vitamin D is to increase calcium absorption.
Getting a good source of silica (like bamboo tea, horsetail tea, or diatomaceous earth) may also be beneficial.

Have you taken vitamin K and vitamin D separately to verify that both of them cause issues or are you always taking them together (which may mean you only really have an adverse reaction to one)?
Also, have you gotten any more recent blood tests or a hair test to verify calcium levels? Have you ever taken a vitamin D supplement or cod liver oil or were you taking high doses of calcium?
Vitamin A lowers calcium?

OP
Hevel

Hevel

I can't tolerate K or D alone or together, as for Vitamin A and Calcium I relied on eating 8oz of liver once a week and drinking at least 1 quart of milk per day in the last 7-8 years, maybe my body is just not doing a good job of utilizing calcium, I have no idea if it's a result of a deficiency or a genetic predisposition but from now until my next blood test I am going to abstain from dairy completely.

Boron is interesting, Dr.Coimbre also includes it in his MS protocol, I will add this alongside L-Lysine and see where it takes me.

i have cramps if i have much too much sodium, very awful muscle cramps. Potassium relieves them but not fruit juice but only inorganic potassium. KCl in "Lite Salt". Weird.

I've had others who complained of cramps and every one of them has had instant relief from the potassium chloride. Only a pinch or so in a little water.

mmb82

I thought that D helped with calcium absorption?

Yes, vitamin D will help with calcium absorption. Vitamin A antagonizes vitamin D, therefore, vitamin A will reduce calcium absorption.

EIRE24

Yes, vitamin D will help with calcium absorption. Vitamin A antagonizes vitamin D, therefore, vitamin A will reduce calcium absorption.
So if you wanted to lower calcium levels in the body vitamin A would be a good idea?

mmb82

So if you wanted to lower calcium levels in the body vitamin A would be a good idea?

Yes; if you were to get a hair analysis done and ended up with high calcium levels, the fastest way to lower excess calcium levels is to use magnesium, vitamin A, and vitamin K2 while avoiding vitamin D.

OP
Hevel

Hevel

Supplementing with Boron seems to have the same effect that Vitamin K, D, and Calcium has, Potassium, on the other hand, has a more positive effect, I breathe more easily and my hands feel warmer with it.

I am still entirely dependent on Magnesium(Bisglycinate) to feel normal, If I go a day without it the chest pain comes back, also, this is the only form that is effective for me, Magnesium Citrate/Chloride/Taurate are all useless.

You probably have problem with excess vitamin D with hypoparathyroidism and very bad vascular integrity by plaque buildup and bad flow to smal capillaries with excessive collagen buildup. Check your diet for oxidized cholesterol foods and avoid them. also no D and K for a while.

Did you have your PTH levels checked?
Do you have bad bloodflow to extremities? I think so
Do you have osteoporosis or bone deformations?
Did you have gut permeability problems? I think so
Do you do good on magnesium oxide? I think so
Dit you take fluoride tablets as a kid?
You drink tea Camellia sinensis?

edit
Or else, generally excessive bone resorption by one of three mechanisms
  • Calcitriol synthesis disorder by lymphomas
  • Over-expression of PTH-related protein
  • Local osteolytic hypercalcemia

Last edited:
The Potassium acts like an angiotensin receptor blocker, this relaxes blood vessels. Milk's proteins can also have effect on renin–angiotensin system and can increase blood flow, by inhibiting Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE).

Angiotensin is a peptide hormone that causes vasoconstriction and an increase in blood pressure. It is part of the renin–angiotensin system, which regulates blood pressure. Angiotensin also stimulates the release of aldosterone from the adrenal cortex to promote sodium retention by the kidneys.

Amazoniac

Regulation of calcium homeostasis in the heart by taurine

--
Taurine - Wikipedia
"In cells, taurine keeps potassium and magnesium inside the cell, while keeping excessive sodium out. In this sense, it works like a diuretic. Because it aids the movement of potassium, sodium, and calcium in and out of the cell, taurine has been used as a dietary supplement for epileptics, as well as for people who have uncontrollable facial twitches.[39]"

Arrade

I'm taking 3 grams of taurine a day, not sure how much benefit it proffers. Then again, right now I'm in the throes of terrible fibrosis since starting levothyroxine (have a week until it leaves my blood completely).
Starting serra
OP I suggest nattokinase or whole natto

OP
Hevel

Hevel

Adding Taurine was the worst decision I've made, just one dose of 1,000mg was enough to reverse all the progress I've made with Magnesium and Potassium, now almost two weeks later the pain is still present 24/7, Mg and KCI offer some minor relief but they are not as effective as before.

I could only find one article that claims Taurine may cause damage to the heart (Taurine Toxicity) but I can't find any studies that might explain my reaction, I really have no idea how to proceed at this point, all the supplements that are supposedly beneficial for heart health seem to have the opposite effect on my body.

OP
Hevel

Hevel

You probably have problem with excess vitamin D with hypoparathyroidism and very bad vascular integrity by plaque buildup and bad flow to smal capillaries with excessive collagen buildup. Check your diet for oxidized cholesterol foods and avoid them. also no D and K for a while.

Did you have your PTH levels checked?
Do you have bad bloodflow to extremities? I think so
Do you have osteoporosis or bone deformations?
Did you have gut permeability problems? I think so
Do you do good on magnesium oxide? I think so
Dit you take fluoride tablets as a kid?
You drink tea Camellia sinensis?

edit
Or else, generally excessive bone resorption by one of three mechanisms
  • Calcitriol synthesis disorder by lymphomas
  • Over-expression of PTH-related protein
  • Local osteolytic hypercalcemia

I haven't tried Magnesium Oxide yet, do you think it would be preferable to Magnesium Bisglycinate?
I never took Fluoride tablets, I don't drink green tea and I don't have any bone deformations but in the last two years I noticed my bones are significantly weaker, I've always had cold hands and slow digestion, especially during the winter but it has gotten better since adding Mg and KCI.

japanesedude

I take 2000 to 6000IU vitamin D with 1.5mg VitaminK2 everyday but I've never had this problem.

I haven't tried Magnesium Oxide yet, do you think it would be preferable to Magnesium Bisglycinate?
I never took Fluoride tablets, I don't drink green tea and I don't have any bone deformations but in the last two years I noticed my bones are significantly weaker, I've always had cold hands and slow digestion, especially during the winter but it has gotten better since adding Mg and KCI.
Magnesium bisglycinate and Mg oxide both can get absorbed into cells easily, but the bisglycinate form has higher absorption rate from the gut and oxide form can neutralize stomach acid.

edit, you should have a look at ortho silica for bone strength
Biological and therapeutic effects of ortho-silicic acid and some ortho-silicic acid-releasing compounds: New perspectives for therapy

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals