Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

If the liver is not functioning well and can not eliminate caffeine quickly, the caffeine will stay in the blood longer with smaller doses correct?
Does this mean that for some people smaller amounts of caffeine in a sick liver are comparable to large doses in a healthy one?
For me small amounts feel a lot bigger.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
extremecheddar said:
post 107237 If the liver is not functioning well and can not eliminate caffeine quickly, the caffeine will stay in the blood longer with smaller doses correct?
Does this mean that for some people smaller amounts of caffeine in a sick liver are comparable to large doses in a healthy one?

Yes, phase 2 detox will be much slower. So, half-life will probably be double the "normal" one of 5-6 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaybb

haidut said:
post 107306
extremecheddar said:
post 107237 If the liver is not functioning well and can not eliminate caffeine quickly, the caffeine will stay in the blood longer with smaller doses correct?

Yes, phase 2 detox will be much slower. So, half-life will probably be double the "normal" one of 5-6 hours.
This explains a lot. This is helpful to know.

Nicholas

really interesting. If caffeine works in ways very similar to Taurine when it comes to liver functioning....it makes me wonder if the recent improvements i've been having have been related to perhaps gaining better liver function. i noticed that i lost weight pretty quickly in two weeks while supplementing with Taurine, Lysine, and the b-complex Energin (on top of my own dietary protocol which does include quite a bit of glycine)....which kind of worried me....but i didn't really feel much negative effects. i also wouldn't say that i felt stressed during this time....no extra peeing or anything.....no dark circles under eyes...and funny enough....i noticed that coffee didn't make me feel that mild stress response anymore. i did notice cold hands in the mornings sometimes, though. Another positive was that my common indicator for general inflammation, popping joints, dramatically subsided. This makes me curious to try the low-dose caffeine experiment for 2 weeks....as it would be nice to cross poor estrogen detox off the list for my developing spider angiomas.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
snowboard111 said:
post 114486 How's the fat flush from the liver into the bloodstream will be "manage" by the body?

I found this paper: http://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/archive/newsre ... ugar07.asp

But will it be the only way or it also depend on other "mecanism"?

If the fat is not too much and FFA in the blood stream is not already elevated from other "conditions" then the released fat from the liver will get oxidized and some of it will get carried back to the liver. Here is a study that discussed the circular fate of the released fat by using caffeine.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14684395

Gl;itch.e

haidut said:
post 114556
snowboard111 said:
post 114486 How's the fat flush from the liver into the bloodstream will be "manage" by the body?

If the fat is not too much and FFA in the blood stream is not already elevated from other "conditions" then the released fat from the liver will get oxidized and some of it will get carried back to the liver. Here is a study that discussed the circular fate of the released fat by using caffeine.
So is it not a good idea to be taking, for example, both B3 and Caffeine together? i.e trying to kick the liver into gear and inhibit lipolysis at the same time. To me it sounds like all that would be accomplished is a constant cycle of fatty acid conversion without actually really getting rid of any.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Gl;itch.e said:
post 114620
haidut said:
post 114556
snowboard111 said:

So is it not a good idea to be taking, for example, both B3 and Caffeine together? i.e trying to kick the liver into gear and inhibit lipolysis at the same time. To me it sounds like all that would be accomplished is a constant cycle of fatty acid conversion without actually really getting rid of any.

I don't think niacinamide inhibits the liver from shedding its fat, on the contrary actually if you look at the study I posted on niacinamide and NAFLD. Peat said the same thing - in doses of 100mg a few times daily it should actually help with shedding liver fat. So, the combination of caffeine and moderate dose niacinamide should trigger leaning out of the liver even more strongly. It should also improve insulin sensitivity as the niacinamide will inhibit release of fat from adipose tissues, while caffeine will force the cells to oxidize glucose.

Gl;itch.e

haidut said:
post 114625
Gl;itch.e said:
post 114620
haidut said:
post 114556
snowboard111 said:

I don't think niacinamide inhibits the liver from shedding its fat, on the contrary actually if you look at the study I posted on niacinamide and NAFLD. Peat said the same thing - in doses of 100mg a few times daily it should actually help with shedding liver fat. So, the combination of caffeine and moderate dose niacinamide should trigger leaning out of the liver even more strongly. It should also improve insulin sensitivity as the niacinamide will inhibit release of fat from adipose tissues, while caffeine will force the cells to oxidize glucose.
Excellent thanks Haidut.

Peata

Nicholas said:
post 107842 really interesting. If caffeine works in ways very similar to Taurine when it comes to liver functioning....it makes me wonder if the recent improvements i've been having have been related to perhaps gaining better liver function. i noticed that i lost weight pretty quickly in two weeks while supplementing with Taurine, Lysine, and the b-complex Energin (on top of my own dietary protocol which does include quite a bit of glycine)....which kind of worried me....but i didn't really feel much negative effects. i also wouldn't say that i felt stressed during this time....no extra peeing or anything.....no dark circles under eyes...and funny enough....i noticed that coffee didn't make me feel that mild stress response anymore. i did notice cold hands in the mornings sometimes, though. Another positive was that my common indicator for general inflammation, popping joints, dramatically subsided. This makes me curious to try the low-dose caffeine experiment for 2 weeks....as it would be nice to cross poor estrogen detox off the list for my developing spider angiomas.

How much taurine did you take?

Nicholas

Peata said:
post 114638
Nicholas said:
post 107842 really interesting. If caffeine works in ways very similar to Taurine when it comes to liver functioning....it makes me wonder if the recent improvements i've been having have been related to perhaps gaining better liver function. i noticed that i lost weight pretty quickly in two weeks while supplementing with Taurine, Lysine, and the b-complex Energin (on top of my own dietary protocol which does include quite a bit of glycine)....which kind of worried me....but i didn't really feel much negative effects. i also wouldn't say that i felt stressed during this time....no extra peeing or anything.....no dark circles under eyes...and funny enough....i noticed that coffee didn't make me feel that mild stress response anymore. i did notice cold hands in the mornings sometimes, though. Another positive was that my common indicator for general inflammation, popping joints, dramatically subsided. This makes me curious to try the low-dose caffeine experiment for 2 weeks....as it would be nice to cross poor estrogen detox off the list for my developing spider angiomas.

How much taurine did you take?

1000mg/day, sometimes every other day...

today I had maybe 4 cups of fairly strong coffee and some honey and cheese and yogurt. And then I ate some white chocolate chips and just crashed. Couldn't function for a good hour. Don't know what happened.

I'm on maybe day 10 of a lot of coffee. 4 or 5 cups of French press coffee. I'm getting an Espresso machine tomorrow so I can reduce fluid amounts and get more of the dissolved minerals hopefully.

But this crash left me feeling dopamine drained. Like I felt when I quit alcohol. Just an empty feeling.

Any idea what this is?

J

jb116

ecstatichamster said:
post 114828 today I had maybe 4 cups of fairly strong coffee and some honey and cheese and yogurt. And then I ate some white chocolate chips and just crashed. Couldn't function for a good hour. Don't know what happened.

I'm on maybe day 10 of a lot of coffee. 4 or 5 cups of French press coffee. I'm getting an Espresso machine tomorrow so I can reduce fluid amounts and get more of the dissolved minerals hopefully.

But this crash left me feeling dopamine drained. Like I felt when I quit alcohol. Just an empty feeling.

Any idea what this is?

It's difficult to say from here what your exact carb intake is but it sounds like all that coffee/caffeine is depleting your glycogen stores leading to you feeling drained.
Throw in whatever protein you are having as well and it'll just make more of a hypoglycemic situation.

jb116 said:
post 114836
ecstatichamster said:
post 114828 today I had maybe 4 cups of fairly strong coffee and some honey and cheese and yogurt. And then I ate some white chocolate chips and just crashed. Couldn't function for a good hour. Don't know what happened.

Any idea what this is?

It's difficult to say from here what your exact carb intake is but it sounds like all that coffee/caffeine is depleting your glycogen stores leading to you feeling drained.
Throw in whatever protein you are having as well and it'll just make more of a hypoglycemic situation.

I wonder if my cortisol ran down and resulted in hypoglycemia. Maybe the caffeine and the sugar triggered it.

superhuman

haidut said:
post 114625
Gl;itch.e said:
post 114620
haidut said:
post 114556
snowboard111 said:

Do you think its dose dependent? like if you use more niacinamide it will hinder your fat loss or will it still help as long as your in a calorie deficit ofc.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
superhuman said:
post 114894
haidut said:
post 114625
Gl;itch.e said:
post 114620
haidut said:
post 114556
snowboard111 said:

Do you think its dose dependent? like if you use more niacinamide it will hinder your fat loss or will it still help as long as your in a calorie deficit ofc.

I found that going over 3g daily did inhibit fat loss for me. Doses of 1.5g or below seemed to work better unless a person has an "autoimmune" condition and thus very low NAD.

Orion

I do get a huge stress response from lower caffeine intake(100mg to 200mg per day). Jittery, cold sweaty feet, oily skin, etc, all the symptoms.

Should one just go forward and take ~1g caffeine spread through the day for 4/5 days, with thiamine/theanine/taurine, ~15mg K2, some aspirin? and suffer the stress response in hopes that it will subside like in the studies?

I am wary of the stress reaction, after a couple days at 200mg, there is very noticeable increase in acne for me, which I am guessing is related to increased stress hormones, released ffa's. Backing off the caffeine and stabilizing stress hormones reduces acne for me (doesn't prevent it though)

Catch22; caffeine to heal the liver, but the liver cannot handle the caffeine.

I think I will try this next week and report on mood, skin, sleep.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Orion said:
post 117065 I do get a huge stress response from lower caffeine intake(100mg to 200mg per day). Jittery, cold sweaty feet, oily skin, etc, all the symptoms.

Should one just go forward and take ~1g caffeine spread through the day for 4/5 days, with thiamine/theanine/taurine, ~15mg K2, some aspirin? and suffer the stress response in hopes that it will subside like in the studies?

I am wary of the stress reaction, after a couple days at 200mg, there is very noticeable increase in acne for me, which I am guessing is related to increased stress hormones, released ffa's. Backing off the caffeine and stabilizing stress hormones reduces acne for me (doesn't prevent it though)

Catch22; caffeine to heal the liver, but the liver cannot handle the caffeine.

I think I will try this next week and report on mood, skin, sleep.

I would stick to lower doses and take these for a few weeks. The animal studies showed that even after 7 days of daily caffeine intake of about 300mg the liver got lean. This should allow you to tolerate higher caffeine intake afterwards.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals