Full Tolerance To Stress Response Of Caffeine Within 4 Days

haidut

Forum Supporter
Event the people who find that caffeine gives them a "stress response" or raises their blood pressure, cortisol, etc should be able to quickly adapt. This study shows complete adaptation to all parameters of the "stress response" induced by 250mg caffeine daily. The adaptation occurred in as little as 1 day and by day 4 all subjects had adapted and no longer produced a stress response to caffeine, while the beneficial metabolic effects were still present.
Doses higher than 250mg may require up to a week, but I saw studies showing full tolerance to doses as high as 2g caffeine per day.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC370671/

"...Acute caffeine in subjects who do not normally ingest methylxanthines leads to increases in blood pressure, heart rate, plasma epinephrine, plasma norepinephrine, plasma renin activity, and urinary catecholamines. Using a double-blind design, the effects of chronic caffeine administration on these same variables were assessed. Near complete tolerance, in terms of both humoral and hemodynamic variables, developed over the first 1-4 d of caffeine. No long-term effects of caffeine on blood pressure, heart rate, plasma renin activity, plasma catecholamines, or urinary catecholamines could be demonstrated. Discontinuation of caffeine ingestion after 7 d of administration did not result in a detectable withdrawal phenomenon relating to any of the variables assessed."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98241/ This is what I experienced!

Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98014/when I quit caffeine I only had to reduce the dose by one-half upon restarting, and only for a couple days.

Excellent! So, if I get used to this dose of 1,500mg+ daily I should be able to stop and resume at say 800mg? That would be great as I would like to take some break form caffeine every once in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
haidut said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98253/
Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98241/ This is what I experienced!

Such_Saturation said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/98014/when I quit caffeine I only had to reduce the dose by one-half upon restarting, and only for a couple days.

Excellent! So, if I get used to this dose of 1,500mg+ daily I should be able to stop and resume at say 800mg? That would be great as I would like to take some break form caffeine every once in a while.

I only topped at around 800mg, so I can't truly say. But there seems to be an extra layer of tolerance to all substances which never really goes away, and for caffeine it is quite marked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle Bigman

Weird. I drink coffee all the time. But nonetheless some days I feel like it impacts me more and gives me a stress response.

RPDiciple

Can this work when starting at lower doses as well? Like 50mg a day will help you develop tolerance to bigger doses after couple of days?

Weird. I drink coffee all the time. But nonetheless some days I feel like it impacts me more and gives me a stress response.
I find that after a bad nightshift the next day a normal dose would give me a stress reaponse, so I need to reduce the dose. The better and more robust my health is the more caffeine I tolerate.

MrGilbert

I went to a new café the other day and the coffee tasted real bitter.
I figured it was mycotoxins and sure enough I felt like absolute ***t all day (major stress response)
I never have this issue with synthetic caffeine.

I went to a new café the other day and the coffee tasted real bitter.
I figured it was mycotoxins and sure enough I felt like absolute ***t all day (major stress response)
I never have this issue with synthetic caffeine.
Isn’t coffee supposed to be bitter? The bitter taste is what stimulates bile, right?

MrGilbert

Isn’t coffee supposed to be bitter? The bitter taste is what stimulates bile, right?
I think there's levels to it. There is regular coffee bitterness (fine), poor roast/extraction bitterness (just tastes like bad coffee) and then there's mycotoxin bitterness which is the next level e.g. potent bitterness totally cutting through large glass of sweet milk iced latte. I could be wrong but I've noticed these cheap extra bitter coffees give me issues, it's either the top shelf stuff or synthetic for me from now on.

I think there's levels to it. There is regular coffee bitterness (fine), poor roast/extraction bitterness (just tastes like bad coffee) and then there's mycotoxin bitterness which is the next level e.g. potent bitterness totally cutting through large glass of sweet milk iced latte. I could be wrong but I've noticed these cheap extra bitter coffees give me issues, it's either the top shelf stuff or synthetic for me from now on.
Yeah - I enjoy dark roast the most. Cheap stuff is a no no also.

SuperStressed

It just goes to show, those people who say "I cant drink coffee after 5 or I'll be up all night" may well only ever be trying to drink coffee late in rare occurencies and not realize that if they drank it everyday for a week, their body could adapt to it.

success23

I have been drinking coffee daily for the past 15 years and i still get a stress reaction.

I got a new nespresso machine a few weeks back - really i can only tolerate espresso but wow, i have been going for it - usually up to 6 shots a day or more. i mix it with sugar / cream and dont feel any stress response so far ?

I got a new nespresso machine a few weeks back - really i can only tolerate espresso but wow, i have been going for it - usually up to 6 shots a day or more. i mix it with sugar / cream and dont feel any stress response so far ?
I’m the same - for some reason only espresso gives me all the benefits of coffee. Do you know the reason?

gosh - i dont know but i have read that it has less acid? i have tried press, drip , pour over and nothing works like espresso for me.

Pet Peeve

I get really bad stress responses from coffee once in a while, I've narrowed it down to some mold growing on coffee after the bag of coffee has been opened, not on the coffee prior to packaging. It helps to close the bag and put it in the freezer. I visited my parents not long ago and they had a bag of coffee that had been open for months in room temperature, that coffee gave me the worst anxiety I've had for years. Now just bought a Nespresso machine because the capsules are sealed. Still a bit worried about the aluminum though. Does it still work for you?

LuMonty

I get really bad stress responses from coffee once in a while, I've narrowed it down to some mold growing on coffee after the bag of coffee has been opened, not on the coffee prior to packaging. It helps to close the bag and put it in the freezer. I visited my parents not long ago and they had a bag of coffee that had been open for months in room temperature, that coffee gave me the worst anxiety I've had for years. Now just bought a Nespresso machine because the capsules are sealed. Still a bit worried about the aluminum though. Does it still work for you?
I hope we hear back from DanishStarGazer: she's the reason I switched to espresso. Difference is I only have upwards of 6 shots max a day with sugar and milk. Haven't had the any of the issues I had with other coffee. My machine uses loose espresso and I haven't had issues there, but I do keep the humidity down in my apartment.

youngsinatra

I had on average 3-4 double espresso‘s (6-8 total) a day for a year.

I found out lately that a lot of my issues are due to caffeine, but probably never really connected my symptoms to coffee.
I currenty experiment with no coffee, because I am already doing a no-supplements experiment which is going very well.

I had no caffeine for 4 days now and I feel incredibly calm, more sociable and hyped about life. Also much more steady energy and motivation, even in the afternoon after work. (I usually needed to lay down after work)

I can say that caffeine avoidance feels better than everything I have tried yet. (I tried so so much!)

William Blake: “The true method of knowledge is experiment.”

Pet Peeve

So, I definitely don't tolerate the aluminium capsules, nausea, dizziness, brain fog etc. I think it would be wise to stay away from them even if you don't get any symptoms. Can't possibly be healthy. Luckily there are decomposable capsules made from sugar fibre. It's the cleanest coffee I've ever had, absolutely no mold symptoms at all. Btw, the mold toxins can't possibly be healthy either.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals