Breast Growth

Xisca

Estrogen just make them a Little bigger and ...sensitive, as this is what happens just before having periods. And they reduce again just after having periods!

Mine are also very small. And there is no relationship with bodyweight, according to the skinny women I have seen with normal size breast!

So I am very interrested by the result you will have...

Kyle M

There's more to it than just estrogen, we have discussed it somewhere. Androgens etc also play a role.
How do you know the androgenic effect isn't from estrogen made using the androgens? Progesterone has an effect in tandem with estrogen, but it's pretty clear that breast growth (including tumors) is primarily estrogen.

Xisca

Kyle, how can I have been estrogen dominant, as it seems, and not have had my breasts grow as a teen? They started and then growth stopped. I also had my 1st periods at 15 1/2.... Very Little pms though. Why are not all body signs clearly from the same side? Also seem to have been unabble to get pregnant.

BastiFuntasty

How do you know the androgenic effect isn't from estrogen made using the androgens? Progesterone has an effect in tandem with estrogen, but it's pretty clear that breast growth (including tumors) is primarily estrogen.
Isn't that what everyone says, especially modern school medicine?
It's just not that simple I can't say more since I didn't dig so deeply into the topic.
Then we also have many women out there with clearly low estrogen signs and also bigger breasts, I don't think it's just genetics in such cases.

Kyle M

Isn't that what everyone says, especially modern school medicine?
It's just not that simple I can't say more since I didn't dig so deeply into the topic.
Then we also have many women out there with clearly low estrogen signs and also bigger breasts, I don't think it's just genetics in such cases.
Ad hominem, even against the corrupt medical establishment, doesn't make my mind for me. Some women are probably more sensitive, locally in breast tissue, to the hypertrophic effects of estrogen. Remember, estrogen measurements are never to be trusted because of the enormous possibilities for differences in the blood vs. the tissues.

schultz

Ray has mentioned progesterone is important for proper breast development in one of the podcasts, though this may be during puberty only.

Here is a quote from Ray (apparently) from the archived peatarian site (from an e-mail exchange):

When asking why the girl didn't get breasts in the first place:
"Several hormones are needed for breast development, she was probably low in progesterone as well as thyroid." - Ray Peat

Ray has also mentioned that a person sensitivity to supplemental progesterone depends on their thyroid status and that sometimes a person needs a lot of progesterone to get the same effects as some other person who only needs a bit.

Vida

Only positive, it normalised my periods and I generally feel much better health wise since using it.
That's great:) When you say normalised, in what way? Did you have irregular before? I'm thinking of trying progesterone but not sure if it is the right way to go for me.

Constatine

Perhaps generous tanning in the sun would help. It seems to decrease aromatase where you don' want it and increase it where you do (breasts). You can also take vitamin d3 but the benefits are not the same. Apparently progesterone is in fact the most important hormone for breast size so I don't understand why it didn't work for you. Aside form hormones amino acid ratios are supposed to have the most powerful impact on body composition. Though I don't know what ratio is preferred for large breasts. What foods do you eat and what foods do your large breasted family members eat?

X3CyO

If I remember correctly when going through peats work, progesterone and Dhea were crucial to breast growth.

Although skinny people can have normal breasts, the process of changing ones baseline hormones might take a while. If you have a good amount of progesterone in particular within your body, are getting all your vitamins and minerals, have ok thyroid function, then maybe adding a little saturated fat to your diet would help.

Bigger Boobs and butt are just the result of better fat distribution through a better hormonal profile.

Estrogen I believe haidut has said somewhere, leads to cystic breast growth, and cancer.

All my friends who are on birth control have small boobs and butts. One girl who has a progestin iud has a nice butt, but no boobs.

After converting her, getting her on some progest-e, and a copper iud (which stops normal production of progesterone btw!) Her breasts are growing so long as she eats in "caloric excess", Which is actually her new baseline.

Women tend to be afraid of eating too much, but if you eat a peat diet, caloric, and nutritional needs go up. Fat is a lot harder to gain in "bad areas" now, so feel free to indulge a little.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

You guys seem to know a lot:) Thank you for your comments! My Boimatrix DHEA has arrived today. I hope that it will NOT decrease my breast size as some ladies experienced that

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

That's great:) When you say normalised, in what way? Did you have irregular before? I'm thinking of trying progesterone but not sure if it is the right way to go for me.
I had regular but heavy and long periods..progesterone decreased the amount and length. Btw, I used large amounts of progesterone in the first few weeks.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Perhaps generous tanning in the sun would help. It seems to decrease aromatase where you don' want it and increase it where you do (breasts). You can also take vitamin d3 but the benefits are not the same. Apparently progesterone is in fact the most important hormone for breast size so I don't understand why it didn't work for you. Aside form hormones amino acid ratios are supposed to have the most powerful impact on body composition. Though I don't know what ratio is preferred for large breasts. What foods do you eat and what foods do your large breasted family members eat?
Thank you! I do supplement with vitamin D3 as well.
I think one of the reasons why progesterone didn't work in terms of breast growth is because apparently you need to have higher body temperature at the first place i.e. what Ray Peat describes as ideal..basically good thyroid function.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

I basically follow Ray Peat guidelines diet wise.. previously vegetarian for 20+ years since age 14..then paleo, raw etc..
My family members eat a lot of pasta, bread, meat, some eggs and dairy..not a very healthy lifestyle in my opinion.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

If I remember correctly when going through peats work, progesterone and Dhea were crucial to breast growth.

Although skinny people can have normal breasts, the process of changing ones baseline hormones might take a while. If you have a good amount of progesterone in particular within your body, are getting all your vitamins and minerals, have ok thyroid function, then maybe adding a little saturated fat to your diet would help.

Bigger Boobs and butt are just the result of better fat distribution through a better hormonal profile.

Estrogen I believe haidut has said somewhere, leads to cystic breast growth, and cancer.

All my friends who are on birth control have small boobs and butts. One girl who has a progestin iud has a nice butt, but no boobs.

After converting her, getting her on some progest-e, and a copper iud (which stops normal production of progesterone btw!) Her breasts are growing so long as she eats in "caloric excess", Which is actually her new baseline.

Women tend to be afraid of eating too much, but if you eat a peat diet, caloric, and nutritional needs go up. Fat is a lot harder to gain in "bad areas" now, so feel free to indulge a little.
Thank you, I eat a lot of calories and have a good appetite as well, specially, since using thyroid

MatheusPN

DHEA has arrived today. I hope that it will NOT decrease my breast size as some ladies experienced that
Hello Rosie any news?
I am close to a family of many women and few men, all except one has very large breasts even being or when they were thin

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

I only used DHEA+pregnenolone for a couple of weeks because of some unwanted side effects, even though I only took 1mg daily.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

So no change so far, only during breastfeeding a few years ago, I looked 'normal'.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals