Cross Talk Between Progesterone And Estrogen Receptors In Breast Cancer

KGK

I've never posted on the forum before but I've read many posts with great interest and want to say thanks to everybody for sharing helpful information.

I'm wondering if some of you can confirm what is being stated by a study I was looking at pertaining to both progesterone and estrogen relevant to breast cancer. Being a new member I don't think I can post a link but the study was done at the University of Chicago posted June 24, 2016. It can be found at ScienceDaily.com(I'm sure elsewhere also) under the title:"Cross talk between hormone receptors has unexpected effects Finding suggests novel ways to improve breast cancer care"

I do not have a Biology background and am not super skilled at interpreting studies and would love help discerning the findings.

Am I wrong in understanding that they blocked the uptake of progesterone?

They reference a study from Cambridge that concluded that the addition of progesterone in the treatment of breast cancer was beneficial when combined with Tamoxifen.

Any clarifications would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Giraffe

I don't think I can post a link
Link to article: Cross talk between hormone receptors has unexpected effects
Link to study: Genomic agonism and phenotypic antagonism between estrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer | Science Advances

They reference a study from Cambridge that concluded that the addition of progesterone in the treatment of breast cancer was beneficial when combined with Tamoxifen.
Not 100% sure, but I think the reference is this one: Progesterone receptor modulates ERα action in breast cancer