Triple Negative Breast Cancer

aquaman

For one thing, I suggested it only as a last recourse, which I made pretty clear, and do not wish bivic to need it at all.

Secondly, cancer induces cachexia on its own and does not need fasting to take its toll. Of course a cancer patient should be cautious of such things.
Reply to ‘Fasting in oncology: a word of caution’

"Considering all clinical trials on fasting or FMDs in patients with cancer so far, at least 200 patients have undergone multiple cycles of fasting or FMDs in combination with cancer treatment and there is no evidence of severe adverse events in terms of malnutrition or of weight loss. Still, should the FMD be found to promote sarcopenia or excessive weight loss in certain patients, these effects will have to be weighed against the extent to which the FMD influences cancer progression and/or adverse events of the standard therapy."

PS: I think the hypothesis in this paper is not complete (read the other thread) but interesting nonetheless: Cell hydration as the primary factor in carcinogenesis: A unifying concept. - PubMed - NCBI

"From a clinical perspective, the abnormally high water content of cancer cells permits the use of microwave technology for tumor detection and treatment. Also of considerable therapeutic significance is the increased sensitivity if cancer cells to desiccation, postulated to result from genetic changes induced by increased hydration. This may well be the achilles heel of cancer, and recent investigations indicate that it may be exploited very effectively in the treatment of the disease."

It's the same logic as to why Ray has suggested Urea in the past.

OP
B

bivic

Thank you all for taking the time to reply. I will read everything.
I am lucky to be in France and with Marie Curie Hospital. They are very kind and positive.
I love the canine remedy and will look into it.

alywest

Oklahoma grandfather who claims a drug for DOGS cured him of cancer is tumor-free | Daily Mail Online

Note that if you use fenbendazole, you should be in a good state of recovery from chemotherapy. Also, note that the patient took supplements such as curcumin, vitamins, etc. I actually have experience with this drug, for my dog and I would say it does work. My dog had been forming a pencil-eraser sized tumor near his eye for a few months. It was hard and my husband and I were really concerned because he (the dog) is getting up there in age. So I though, what the hey? So I purchased panacur online and proceeded to give him less than what you'd give for a proper deworming. His growth started shrinking but after a few weeks wasn't all the way gone and I started to get worried again. That's when I started giving him high quality vitamin e, d3, niacinamide and thiamine. Quickly the growth began shrinking again until it completely disappeared. And it's stayed gone. I have continued to give him some of the d3 on occasion but it's been a few months and no sign of recurrence. Some work has shown that the vitamins alone aren't enough and the dewormer alone isn't enough. I also consumed the dose of dewormer because I figured if I have any sort of cancer forming anywhere I might as well nip it in the bud. It didn't make me feel sick or anything like that.

jzeno

Hi @bivic,

I have some study information that you might find interesting: Capsaicin, a component of red peppers, inhibits the growth of androgen-independent, p53 mutant prostate cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI and Pepper Component Hot Enough To Trigger Suicide In Prostate Cancer Cells.

I recently found a lump on my abdomen and got scared and I somehow stumbled upon this research when I got scared looking for more information on remedies. I eat 2 habaneros per day with milk and I have to say, I feel much better than I did a few weeks ago before I started. Not sure why, but the peppers make me feel a lot better (more energy, better rest, more positive attitude). Once I found this lump, I felt terrible. I'm sure you can relate how devastating it can be. I went to the worst in my mind. Eating the peppers has been helpful because it not only improves my energy and attitude, but I also feel proactive and that helps, too.

I made an appointment with a doctor and in the meantime I'm eating habanero peppers daily in the hope that--if this is a tumor--then the lump will decrease in size. So far, it hasn't gotten any bigger. I can't tell for sure, but it seems to be slowly getting smaller, but that isn't definitive yet.

Hope that helps.

All the best.

LLight

It's the same logic as to why Ray has suggested Urea in the past.

Did he mention the increased immune system response or osmolytes?

The reasoning is the following:

- dehydration could improve the immune system response (increasing the production of LL-37 (antibiotic effect), improving the autophagy process, downregulating HO-1 in macrophages, increasing oxytocin (antibiotic effect) and vasopressin which influence the immune system,
- dehydration could flush cells of their water and increase the NFAT5 protein which could promote the uptake of osmolytes (they structure water, which seems to be lacking in cancer cells),
- dehydration/hyperosmotic stress seems to increase the expression of the thiamine transporter 1,
- dehydration could increase CYP3A4.

Relation between HO-1 and cancer: A Dual Role of Heme Oxygenase-1 in Cancer Cells. - PubMed - NCBI, Heme oxygenase-1: emerging target of cancer therapy | Journal of Biomedical Science | Full Text

Oxytocin/vasopressin and the immune system: Approaches Mediating Oxytocin Regulation of the Immune System, Vasopressin, Oxytocin and Immune Function - IOS Press

Last edited:
OP
B

bivic

Alywest
Thank you. I have decided to finish my chemo and then take the canine supplement.
My blood work is monitored often and l prefer to protect my liver as much as possible.
I take all the vitamins mentioned and boswellia too.
jzeno
Thank you. I had read about the peppers too but unfortunately l hate peppers. Of course if l have to l will.

I don't know if it's all the supplements l take but l feel fine and my moral is good. I can't work because of my immunity but l am out and about and riding my bike everyday.
Of course the fear that cancer comes back is unfortunately always at the back of my mind.

OP
B

bivic

Llight
I have read the links but unfortunately they are a bit over my head.
Taxol the drug that l'm given weekly dries everything. I have to cover myself with cream and constantly drink because my mouth is dry. I oil pull coconut oil to protect my teeth and mouth from blisters which are very common from the chemo. I have vitamin A cream to put in my eyes and of course l have lost my hair, eye lashes and eyebrows. Also l have kidney stones so l have to be careful with my kidneys.
I checked the French link you gave me and l'm looking into the supplements. Thank you.

LucyL

Alywest

I don't know if it's all the supplements l take but l feel fine and my moral is good. I can't work because of my immunity but l am out and about and riding my bike everyday.
Of course the fear that cancer comes back is unfortunately always at the back of my mind.

Feeling good is so important. I learned from Dr. Nicholas Gonzales's work that cancer is something that can be lived with. The work really is to help the body keep it in control, so some people have tumors that don't ever really go away, but they stay in check and people feel good and enjoy life and that is really what is important. Someone did a study a long time ago and found evidence that almost everyone over the age of 50 is thought to have some sort of diagnoseable cancer in their body, discovered only at autopsy. I think it is important to keep in mind the balance between "killing" the cancer, and getting your body in a place where it can keep a cancer in check. Sometimes those goals can be at odds with each other.

alywest

Feeling good is so important. I learned from Dr. Nicholas Gonzales's work that cancer is something that can be lived with. The work really is to help the body keep it in control, so some people have tumors that don't ever really go away, but they stay in check and people feel good and enjoy life and that is really what is important. Someone did a study a long time ago and found evidence that almost everyone over the age of 50 is thought to have some sort of diagnoseable cancer in their body, discovered only at autopsy. I think it is important to keep in mind the balance between "killing" the cancer, and getting your body in a place where it can keep a cancer in check. Sometimes those goals can be at odds with each other.
I often wonder if the people who actually take the time to rest and relax and get back into balance spiritually, emotionally and inevitably physically recover moreso for that reason. Of course there is some sort of physiological element and eating right and having the right nutrition is a big part of that equation. But I have wondered if I actually have cancer of some sort and I used to think it was migraines but now that I'm treating the migraines and my depression I don't get the severe physical symptoms anymore. And I'm eating what I want when I want. I don't follow any plan Ray Peat or otherwise and I'm feeling better than I have in decades. Of course part of that is getting rid of a longstanding tooth infection (dead tooth) that dentists hadn't diagnosed and it was starting to erode my gum health. Now that I have gotten rid of that infection I think it is allowing my body to actually heal instead of being in perpetual disease fighting mode. But that's another story for another time.

OP
B

bivic

I often wonder if the people who actually take the time to rest and relax and get back into balance spiritually, emotionally and inevitably physically recover moreso for that reason. Of course there is some sort of physiological element and eating right and having the right nutrition is a big part of that equation. But I have wondered if I actually have cancer of some sort and I used to think it was migraines but now that I'm treating the migraines and my depression I don't get the severe physical symptoms anymore. And I'm eating what I want when I want. I don't follow any plan Ray Peat or otherwise and I'm feeling better than I have in decades. Of course part of that is getting rid of a longstanding tooth infection (dead tooth) that dentists hadn't diagnosed and it was starting to erode my gum health. Now that I have gotten rid of that infection I think it is allowing my body to actually heal instead of being in perpetual disease fighting mode. But that's another story for another time.
Yes l totally agree. Today is chemo day and I'm listening to a hypnosis, healing frequency track.

LLight

That's interesting because capsaicin seems to act on the TRPV1 to kill (breast) cancer cells: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0143416014000748

"We developed an MCF-7 breast cancer cell line with inducible TRPV1 overexpression and assessed the role of TRPV1 levels on cell death mediated by the TRPV1 activator capsaicin and the potential for submaximal activation to promote proliferation. The TRPV1 level was a determinant of cell death induced by capsaicin."

Taxol (Paclitaxel) seems to increase sensitivity of TRPV1: The Cancer Chemotherapeutic Paclitaxel Increases Human and Rodent Sensory Neuron Responses to TRPV1 by Activation of TLR4

"In summary, TLR4 was activated by paclitaxel and led to sensitization of TRPV1."

Finally, TRPV1 seems to be activated by osmotic stress too: Osmosensitivity of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 Is Synergistically Enhanced by Distinct Activating Stimuli Such as Temperature and Protons

"Our findings thus indicate that TRPV1 integrates multiple different types of activating stimuli, and that TRPV1 is sensitive to hypertonic stimuli under physiologically relevant conditions."

jzeno

@LLight Nice find. Makes me hopeful that capsaicin really does work in this fight against serious diseases, even something like cancer. That would be miraculous considering how easy and simple it is to add spicy peppers into our diet.

Inaut

I had a friend who’s father was diagnosed with colon cancer some years ago. I remember him telling me his dad opted against conventional treatment and ended up curing it with cayenne pepper and turmeric. Not sure of all the details but just found the conversation about capsaicin interested.

Rick K

Last May l was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. I am a 51 years old female.
Previous to cancer l was taking progesterone cream, thyroid and occasionally aspirin and vitamin e as l'm estrogen dominant.
Unfortunately the tumour is very aggressive. It grew from 5cm to 10cm in two weeks. I'm doing chemotherapy at Marie Curie, France. The chemo has shrunk the tumour to 2cm and l will continue with weekly chemo until November. Please no negative comments on chemotherapy. Cancer is a very frightening thing to face.
l read ray peat's ideas and read your comments. They are often extremely complex and l have become confused. Do l take niacamide, vitamin b1 and vitamin e ? High dose vitamin b1 makes me panicky and my veins in my hands hurt. I take vitamin e because the chemo has put me into immediate menopause. I have hot flashes and clammy sweats every hour and sleep very little. I take pau d'arco with taxol chemo but my liver enzymes have gone up whereas they stayed very low with the hard chemo every two weeks.
l try to be careful of my health. I don't drink or smoke. I would just like to be sure it's safe to take niacinamide and vitamin e. I am not taking thyroid or progesterone and l'm way to terrified to take them again.
Please look into the protocol for using food grade 35% hydrogen peroxide. It will stop and clear the cancer quickly. Tried and true for more than 100 years.

mouse

That's interesting because capsaicin seems to act on the TRPV1 to kill (breast) cancer cells: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0143416014000748

"We developed an MCF-7 breast cancer cell line with inducible TRPV1 overexpression and assessed the role of TRPV1 levels on cell death mediated by the TRPV1 activator capsaicin and the potential for submaximal activation to promote proliferation. The TRPV1 level was a determinant of cell death induced by capsaicin."

Taxol (Paclitaxel) seems to increase sensitivity of TRPV1: The Cancer Chemotherapeutic Paclitaxel Increases Human and Rodent Sensory Neuron Responses to TRPV1 by Activation of TLR4

"In summary, TLR4 was activated by paclitaxel and led to sensitization of TRPV1."

Finally, TRPV1 seems to be activated by osmotic stress too: Osmosensitivity of Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 Is Synergistically Enhanced by Distinct Activating Stimuli Such as Temperature and Protons

"Our findings thus indicate that TRPV1 integrates multiple different types of activating stimuli, and that TRPV1 is sensitive to hypertonic stimuli under physiologically relevant conditions."

It's interesting that capsaicin can initiate some cancers, but that effect is countered by gingerol.
Ginger, chili peppers could work together to lower cancer risk

jzeno

@mouse Hmmm. Interesting study.

I've been drinking freshly squeezed Ginger juice (very spicy) and habanero peppers daily. I wonder if I stumbled upon the ultimate cancer fighting combo

jzeno

Re: capsaicin being carcinogenic

A comprehensive review of the carcinogenic and anticarcinogenic potential of capsaicin. - PubMed - NCBI

Abstract
Capsaicin's carcinogenic potential has produced variable results in in vitro and in vivo genotoxicity and carcinogenicity assays. The capsaicin tested in older studies was often from pepper plant extracts and included other capsaicinoids and diverse impurities. Recent studies utilizing high-purity capsaicin and standardized protocols provide evidence that the genotoxic and carcinogenic potential of capsaicin is quite low and that the purity of capsaicin is important. Several small epidemiological studies suggest a link between capsaicin consumption and stomach or gall bladder cancer, but contamination of capsaicin-containing foods with known carcinogens renders their interpretation problematic. The postulated ability of capsaicin metabolites to damage DNA and promote carcinogenesis remains unsupported. Anticancer activities of capsaicin have been widely reported, as it inhibits the activity of carcinogens and induces apoptosis in numerous cancer cell lines in vitro and explanted into rodents.

---

Perhaps there is more to this than previously understood.

RealNeat

I think Dr. Peat recommends 5-6 grams of aspirin daily (along with 1 mg Vitamin K per 325 mg of aspirin) for cancer along with keeping PUFA intake at zero.

Haidut posted a study a while ago showing that aspirin was highly effective at reprogramming cancerous cells in breast cancer into normal cells: It's Official - Aspirin Stops Breast Cancer In 80% Of Patients, Even Terminal Ones

I think methylene blue might also help by lowering lactic acid production, but I'm hesitant to suggest anything that RP himself hasn't directly recommended when it comes to something as serious as cancer.

Have you tried emailing RP directly for any specific advice for your situation?

Whats the consensus on the type of K vitamin thats best paired with aspirin, K1?

lampofred

Whats the consensus on the type of K vitamin thats best paired with aspirin, K1?

Dr. Peat said either type is fine but I use Life Extension Super K which has both.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals