Breast Growth

Katty

Can anyone explain what is happening when people experience breast growth?

The excess estrogen part seems obvious: Men with gynecomastia (or somewhere on the spectrum) can experience breast enlargement. And women who take birth control can get larger breasts- again, I'm assuming this is from the estrogen. And women pre-menstrually when estrogen is rising can experience larger breasts at certain times of the month.

But can balancing out the hormones so that someone is no longer estrogen dominant also increase breast size? I've heard stories of women who experience breast enlargement when re-feeding or just when balancing hormones (getting estrogen under control). So what is happening in this scenario? Certainly, if a woman is underweight or simply was not eating enough calories for a long time, and is re-feeding to gain weight, then breasts would be expected to grow, along with he rest of the body. But it seems that women are reporting breast growth even when the rest of their body is not getting proportionately larger.
So having more progesterone in the body also can produce larger breasts...??

Just curious about this and wonder if anyone can shed some light.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think it's progesterone related at least partially even though the mainstream denies progesterone is involved in secondary sex characteristics. I'm up two cup sizes. I bet if one's weight returns to a healthy level due to metabolic repair that would increase the size as well. For me it seems to be weight restoration and hormone balance related. I'd love to hear what others think as well.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to add real quick that the reason I think it's progesterone related more so than estrogen is because of my personal anecdotal experience. When I was on prescription estradiol my breasts didn't enlarge in the least. When my prolactin was in the 120 range they didn't get significantly larger either. Currently on Progest-e and a Peat Inspired approach I'm up two cups.

SaltGirl

Here is a bit of a transgender perspective. Transwomen on estrogen only have commonly had a tubular growth of their breast. This, of course, isn't appealing so many resort to breast enlargement(to also fix the tubular shape). Now, there was a study I saw(have no idea where to find it) where they discovered that progesterone can help to avoid the tubular growth of breasts as progesterone apparently helps to make them "fuller".

I know that for myself that my breasts feel much more different on progesterone than estrogen-only.

Jennifer

Hope you girls don't mind me butting in. :)

I wasn't sure what tubular breasts were and had to look it up. I found a source that states Tubular Breast Syndrome is a condition that is essentially caused by the incomplete development of the breasts’ mammary gland.

They go on to state that the glands help give the breasts their fullness and that TBS is caused by a progesterone deficiency. Surprise, surprise!

I've been wondering for some time now if the progest-e was regenerating my glands because I get painful breasts using it. I assumed it wasn't an estrogen dominance issue because my levels are on the low end of the normal range and prolactin is low as well and no matter how much progest-e I use, they still feel painful when I first wake up in the morning and get out of bed. They feel like they're going to rip off. :/

narouz

The new Cronenberg short film might be illuminating...

[BBvideo 560,340:26xkw0dy]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp8IU1PcThQ[/BBvideo]

...or not... :shock:

OP
K

Katty

Thanks for your thoughts everyone! Really interesting and helpful perspectives!

Interesting that everyone seems to think it's progesterone that is increasing the breast size. My breasts were getting fuller and more painful right before menstruation- but the last 2 months, they don't swell as much and I don't get as much pain. I thought this was a good thing, that I was lowering estrogen... but maybe not?
Or maybe the temporary swelling during PMS is a sign of estrogen dominance, but a permanent fullness would be attributable to progesterone?

Jennifer-- sorry about your breast pain... I certainly hope they don't rip off =) I've had that feeling before too.

narouz-- So I was going to name this post bbbbbbbBoobies!!!! But then I thought, nah, too racy. But if we can post insect nest boobie films, then maybe my assessment was incorrect ;)

SaltGirl

Most likely there is an interplay between the two hormones. I have usually gotten more positive trunk and boob shapes/growth by alternating estrogen and progesterone(effectively trying to simulate a menstrual cycle), and I know of other transwomen who reported similar experiences.

The body is weird and has a lot of secrets that we as mankind are just scratching the surface on. A few years back when I had been on a year on estrogen I got into the high dosage iodine. Now, the iodine was alright, but the surprising thing I experienced is that my hips grew wider. As in bone seemed to actually grown, and I still have stretch marks on the side of my hips because of it. The weirdest experience was to know that I walked differently to it(my hips swayed a bit more than before).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
SaltGirl said:
Most likely there is an interplay between the two hormones. I have usually gotten more positive trunk and boob shapes/growth by alternating estrogen and progesterone(effectively trying to simulate a menstrual cycle), and I know of other transwomen who reported similar experiences.

The body is weird and has a lot of secrets that we as mankind are just scratching the surface on. A few years back when I had been on a year on estrogen I got into the high dosage iodine. Now, the iodine was alright, but the surprising thing I experienced is that my hips grew wider. As in bone seemed to actually grown, and I still have stretch marks on the side of my hips because of it. The weirdest experience was to know that I walked differently to it(my hips swayed a bit more than before).
I would be interested in hearing your experience with estrogen if you would be willing to share. It seems you may be in a unique position to noticed the effects as compared to someone whose body is naturally producing a lot of it.

G

gummybear

Maybe the person can think estrogen can help with tittymeat growth but can be fooled because estrogen binds water? Just a thought.

SaltGirl

I have had my ups and downs with hormones regardless of which end of the spectrum I go. Too much of any hormone tends to make me feel crappy in the long term.

When I was more or less anorexic I was still taking estrogen(ended up with sky high blood values) and at the time I was so angry and sad that I was always crying while at the same time I wanted to murder anyone who looked at me funny. Actually ended up ruining a childhood friendship and it wasn't until I started reading Peat that I understood what had happened at my side. In fact, whenever I get a bit more "angry" it's a good bet that my estrogen levels are higher than normal.

As mentioned before I was also doing iodine around that time which gave me some hip growth which forced my muscles to adjust(my hips hurt like **** when I was walking up some long stairs to begin with).

On estrogen only I did have slight breast growth, but it wasn't much. It always felt like moobs if anything. My **** was also flat(comparatively since I already have a bit of a curved back to begin with). After I started progesterone things changed. My **** got "fuller" and it was a unique experience to sit on a fuller ****(I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed how my **** would fill panties much better). Breast also got fuller, but they've never managed to become a proper size compared to my larger boned structure.

One thing I did experience when I started progesterone were these incredible highs(less now). I became super tired, but at the same time I felt drunk and happy. I just wanted to lie in bed and just hug someone to death while kissing them and then just fall asleep in progesterone bliss. Only one thing has given me a somewhat similar high was when I overdosed on ritalin in an attempted suicide a few years back. I just remember that when it kicked in I just felt so blissful and peaceful while I was just swimming in my bed.

Up until May last year I was also taking spironolactone and progesterone at the same time which can be a nasty combination. It often felt like I could never satisfy my electrolyte(salt and calcium especially) need with two aldosterone blockers running through me. Nowadays I don't require spiro.

Interesting experience is that if I accidentally take too much estrogen in the morning(after breakfast) which has only happened twice so far, I tend to get hyper. It kinda feels like a catecholamine rush where I just become manic and would probably fit more in an old Warner Bros. cartoon. I also feel kinda invincible at the same time. However, if I don't eat enough later on I'll break down and start crying and just feel like the world is a hopeless cesspool. This is why I try to get energy frequently into my body.

I apologize for hijacking the thread a bit. Just wanted to give Blossom a bit more detail. :S

G

gummybear

Yes I have also felt drunk on progesterone. I think it can heal the brain or brain trauma? Helped me alot. Why are you taking estrogen??

SaltGirl

gummybear said:
Yes I have also felt drunk on progesterone. I think it can heal the brain or brain trauma? Helped me alot. Why are you taking estrogen??

I am a transgender woman so I am attempting to mimic female hormone levels.

Jennifer

Oh my gosh, SaltGirl! I had the same experience with progesterone supplementation. I've never been drunk before, but drunk and happy is a good way to describe the progesterone bliss. When I first started progest-e, I spent so much time in bed because I was exhausted, but I couldn't help listening to my iPod at the same time because I was so happy. I'm a shy, but really passionate person by nature and all that shyness went away when I was high dosing the progest-e. I too just wanted to hug someone and give them a big kiss. Seems progest-e helped me let my guard down.

My previous doctor put me on estrogen about four years ago and I almost committed suicide. It didn't make me angry or aggressive, more like hopeless and so darn sad. That stuff was awful! And funny you mention a fuller tush with progesterone. I too noticed that my bum got some padding. :)

That's a really interesting point about estrogen binding water giving a false impression of actual breast growth, gummybear. I'm curious if that is the case.

I wonder if Ray has covered this topic in any of his writings or interviews? Maybe even Katharina Dalton covered this topic. I'll have to check. Would be nice to know how my body develops. LOL

Dutchie

gummybear said:
Maybe the person can think estrogen can help with tittymeat growth but can be fooled because estrogen binds water? Just a thought.

That's very interesting,bc I never had much boobs sadly....but the last couple of months I had some days where they were bigger (momentarily) when I woke up,but they felt 'fake big'.....like not meaty big,so it could have been water from estrogen?
The same with my butt.....I always had a flat butt,but the last couple of years I started weigthtraining and doing a lot of squats,bc I like the round firmlooking squatbutts I see pictures all over off. Any way sometimes my butt feels firm and round....but there are also are moments where it feels 'fake round',like they're inflated and just can pop just like a balloon if you would stick a needle in it!
(Also these 'fake muscles'....I feel no pain/ache (or general feelings) whenever I exercise,it's like the waterretention prevents any feeling of muscle ache.)

*Sigh* I would love to see/have and maintain a lean muscular feminine body just like these women.:(......and without the constant waterretended bloated midsection&belly!
http://www.sweatlikeapig.com/2014/07/10 ... your-body/

tomisonbottom

SaltGirl said:
I have had my ups and downs with hormones regardless of which end of the spectrum I go. Too much of any hormone tends to make me feel crappy in the long term.

When I was more or less anorexic I was still taking estrogen(ended up with sky high blood values) and at the time I was so angry and sad that I was always crying while at the same time I wanted to murder anyone who looked at me funny. Actually ended up ruining a childhood friendship and it wasn't until I started reading Peat that I understood what had happened at my side. In fact, whenever I get a bit more "angry" it's a good bet that my estrogen levels are higher than normal.

As mentioned before I was also doing iodine around that time which gave me some hip growth which forced my muscles to adjust(my hips hurt like **** when I was walking up some long stairs to begin with).

On estrogen only I did have slight breast growth, but it wasn't much. It always felt like moobs if anything. My **** was also flat(comparatively since I already have a bit of a curved back to begin with). After I started progesterone things changed. My **** got "fuller" and it was a unique experience to sit on a fuller ****(I enjoyed it, and I enjoyed how my **** would fill panties much better). Breast also got fuller, but they've never managed to become a proper size compared to my larger boned structure.

One thing I did experience when I started progesterone were these incredible highs(less now). I became super tired, but at the same time I felt drunk and happy. I just wanted to lie in bed and just hug someone to death while kissing them and then just fall asleep in progesterone bliss. Only one thing has given me a somewhat similar high was when I overdosed on ritalin in an attempted suicide a few years back. I just remember that when it kicked in I just felt so blissful and peaceful while I was just swimming in my bed.

Up until May last year I was also taking spironolactone and progesterone at the same time which can be a nasty combination. It often felt like I could never satisfy my electrolyte(salt and calcium especially) need with two aldosterone blockers running through me. Nowadays I don't require spiro.

Interesting experience is that if I accidentally take too much estrogen in the morning(after breakfast) which has only happened twice so far, I tend to get hyper. It kinda feels like a catecholamine rush where I just become manic and would probably fit more in an old Warner Bros. cartoon. I also feel kinda invincible at the same time. However, if I don't eat enough later on I'll break down and start crying and just feel like the world is a hopeless cesspool. This is why I try to get energy frequently into my body.

I apologize for hijacking the thread a bit. Just wanted to give Blossom a bit more detail. :S

This is very interesting and informative to me. Thank you!

I take progesterone, but I've never had this drunk excessively happy feeling ya'll are talking about. Can I ask how much you take, and what kind/brand?

Thank you!

tomisonbottom

Jennifer said:
post 51472 Oh my gosh, SaltGirl! I had the same experience with progesterone supplementation. I've never been drunk before, but drunk and happy is a good way to describe the progesterone bliss. When I first started progest-e, I spent so much time in bed because I was exhausted, but I couldn't help listening to my iPod at the same time because I was so happy. I'm a shy, but really passionate person by nature and all that shyness went away when I was high dosing the progest-e. I too just wanted to hug someone and give them a big kiss. Seems progest-e helped me let my guard down.
My previous doctor put me on estrogen about four years ago and I almost committed suicide. It didn't make me angry or aggressive, more like hopeless and so darn sad. That stuff was awful! And funny you mention a fuller tush with progesterone. I too noticed that my bum got some padding. :)

That's a really interesting point about estrogen binding water giving a false impression of actual breast growth, gummybear. I'm curious if that is the case.

I wonder if Ray has covered this topic in any of his writings or interviews? Maybe even Katharina Dalton covered this topic. I'll have to check. Would be nice to know how my body develops. LOL

I would like to get that type of feeling......how much progest-E do you take to illicit that level of happy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jennifer

tomisonbottom said:
I would like to get that type of feeling......how much progest-E do you take to illicit that level of happy?
I was going through a bottle a week, but I realize now that I was over dosing it. My estrogen levels have always been on the lower end of the normal range and my prolactin no higher than 11 and as low as 7.5. Ray says prolactin should be between 4-7 for males and 9-12 for females so I clearly was not saturated with enough estrogen to warrant such a high intake of Progest-e. The drunk feeling I had was most likely from its tranquilizing effect at such a high dose.

As for the lovey dovey feeling, I now suspect it was due to a combination of things and not just progest-e because the times I've used it since, and at the same high dosing, the only thing I noticed was an excessive libido. I even went through a major bought of depression while on it that only a change of mindset (pardon psycho babble) and a specific diet were able to resolve. I think my previous blissful state involved love. Now if only someone could bottle that. Hmm...maybe haidut could work some supplemental magic. :mrgreen:

Waynish

How were you supplementing iodine? Also, what kind of estrogen were you supplementing with? And for progesterone you used progest-e?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals