Bonobos Do Not Age Due To High Thyroid Hormone

paymanz

i dont remember resources i got those numbers but , as i searched again now , there is various numbers , low to high!

here shows low content: POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACID CONTENT OF EDIBLE INSECTS IN THAILAND - YANG - 2006 - Journal of Food Lipids - Wiley Online Library

and here high >>
www.fao.org/docrep/018/i3253e/i3253e06.pdf

upload_2016-10-29_14-3-38.png

L

lollipop

Haidut, pff man you're a machine putting all these interesting links! Think you got me addicted to this forum :) One day you will put forth a nobel prize worthy model that describes and saves mankind no doubt! :D MUCH THANKS !!!!
+1

Spokey

Ok birds, ants, naked mole rats, and bonobos don't age because of reasons we know already, but what about turtles and whales? They seem to live a pretty long life.
Like sea turtles?
Both those and whales have to hold their breath for long periods, practicing extreme Buteyko.

burtlancast

tumblr_inline_nuu4pxtWma1s0q1be_1280.png

Xisca

But lots of wrinkles! ...from birth? ;)
Smile and peaceful eyes...

Jennifer

A while back, I came across this really interesting article on bonobos in National Geographic. Here is a description of their diet:

"Sexiness isn’t the only big difference between bonobos and chimps, though it’s probably linked to other differences, either as cause or as effect. Females, not males, hold the highest social rankings, which they seem to achieve by affable social networking (such as G-G rubbing) rather than by forming temporary alliances and fighting, as male chimpanzees do. Bonobo communities don’t wage violent wars against other bonobo communities adjacent to their territory. They forage during daytime in more stable and often larger parties, with sometimes as many as 15 or 20 individuals moving together from one source of food to another, and they cluster their nests at night, presumably for mutual security. Their diet, which is similar to the usual chimpanzee diet in most respects—fruit, leaves, a bit of animal protein when they can get it—differs in one signal way: Bonobos eat a lot of the herby vegetation that is abundant in all seasons—big reedy stuff like cornstalks and starchy tubers like arrowroot—which offers nutritious shoots and young leaves and pith inside the stems, rich in protein and sugars. Bonobos, then, have an almost inexhaustible supply of reliable munchies. So they don’t experience lean times, hunger, and competition for food as acutely as chimpanzees do. That fact may have had important evolutionary implications."

The Wild Life of a Bonobo - Pictures, More From National Geographic Magazine

sladerunner69

There it is folks. From that highlighted absract I'm totally confident it is safe to say we have finally walked upon the prescription that can end world peace, end world hunger, AND even end gettin' old.

We need "an inexaustible supply of reliable munchies" and we need it now!

Jennifer

There it is folks. From that highlighted absract I'm totally confident it is safe to say we have finally walked upon the prescription that can end world peace, end world hunger, AND even end gettin' old.

We need "an inexaustible supply of reliable munchies" and we need it now!
Haha! Yeah, that! But wait! It will end world peace?! If we fasted from the munchies every third day, could we keep world peace? :shy:

NathanK

A while back, I came across this really interesting article on bonobos in National Geographic. Here is a description of their diet:

"Sexiness isn’t the only big difference between bonobos and chimps, though it’s probably linked to other differences, either as cause or as effect. Females, not males, hold the highest social rankings, which they seem to achieve by affable social networking (such as G-G rubbing) rather than by forming temporary alliances and fighting, as male chimpanzees do. Bonobo communities don’t wage violent wars against other bonobo communities adjacent to their territory. They forage during daytime in more stable and often larger parties, with sometimes as many as 15 or 20 individuals moving together from one source of food to another, and they cluster their nests at night, presumably for mutual security. Their diet, which is similar to the usual chimpanzee diet in most respects—fruit, leaves, a bit of animal protein when they can get it—differs in one signal way: Bonobos eat a lot of the herby vegetation that is abundant in all seasons—big reedy stuff like cornstalks and starchy tubers like arrowroot—which offers nutritious shoots and young leaves and pith inside the stems, rich in protein and sugars. Bonobos, then, have an almost inexhaustible supply of reliable munchies. So they don’t experience lean times, hunger, and competition for food as acutely as chimpanzees do. That fact may have had important evolutionary implications."

The Wild Life of a Bonobo - Pictures, More From National Geographic Magazine
Im really at a point where so much science is biased that I dont know what to trust. Apparently even Jane Goodall thought chimps were peaceful after years of study. I think there is still a lot more research to be done before conclusions can be made

Questioning the “sexy” bonobo hype, part 2: a primatologist debunks Christopher Ryan - Incredulous
Some captive animal species can provide viable data for interpretation, i.e. how they behave in captivity can be assumed is how they behave in the wild. Bonobos are most certainly not one of these species. There are many reasons for this but lets stick with the basics.

1 – In captivity their social grouping is totally artificial and not in line with how these animals group and disperse in the wild

2 – If you put a group of male and female humans in a cage with nothing to do and provide them shelter and food, what do you think they would do all day – have sex!

Natural bonobo behaviour and society is neither female dominated nor sex crazy. Data sets from the wild clearly show that over the course of a year female bonobos do not copulate any more than female chimpanzees. So let’s put that myth to bed right now. Females are not dominant over males in the sense that all male chimpanzees are dominant over all female chimpanzees. This is a very poorly understood area and we predict that future results will show that their dominance system is more to do with mother/son coalitions.

Bonobos are violent. Granted they are not as violent as chimps but then what animal is? They fight and aggress each other just like any other group living species that have intragroup competition. Males sometimes rip infants from their mothers arms and bully the mothers. It happens, it’s a reality and an adaptive function of normal bonobo society.

Copulating face to face – again, guess where this idea came from – captivity. Where they don’t have trees to climb in. I’ve recorded hundreds of copulations in wild bonobos. Want to know what percentage was ventral-ventral? 5%. All ventral-ventral copulations were when they were on the ground. It’s not about being face to face, it’s about what position is most convenient.

Bonobos – not sex crazed, not peace loving, not female dominated. But easily the most intriguing and wonderful species to ever see and study in the wild. We don’t need to cling on to this anti-chimp image we are so desperate to give them. Their real behaviour is far more interesting.

Peater

Insects apparently have high PUFA content.

There is not a lot of info on this but last time I checked ,it was around 15_20% PUFA!

I was just about to tuck into a cricket and wichiti grub omelette too!

Travis

Want to know what percentage was ventral-ventral? 5%.
How many were reverse-cowgirl?

sladerunner69

Good question. Based on part one of that article, bonobo sex only lasts 10 seconds on average. On good days, even guys on this forum can last that long

Well, guys on this forum need to find a tame bonobo to have sex with first, and that can be challenging.

T

tca300

Ok birds, ants, naked mole rats, and bonobos don't age because of reasons we know already, but what about turtles and whales? They seem to live a pretty long life.
High co2 from breath holding.. or less oxidative damage from oxygen. The nile crocodile and dolphins have a lengthy life too, also, both hold their breath regularly. The elephant has a long trunk creating a massive dead space of co2. I'm probably wrong, as that's an extremely oversimplified guess.

Oops! Sorry! Didn't see @Spokey comment

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals