Luann

Have a question about CO2 and sleeping. Does sleeping with head near an AC / heating vent make a difference? I felt badly after sleeping near a vent that drafted in warm air and switched my bed position recently.

O

Oniyogini

Just going back to the side topic of high altitude sickness, when I was in Western China last fall, I took Diamox (acetazolamide) at 2300m- we drove from 500m in one day- when my head continued to ache even after taking 600mg of aspirin. It took 5 hours to kick in and the relief was sweet! the next days at 3-4000m, still taking the Diamox, I felt even better when I took more frequent, short breaths instead of my usual long, slow ones (at sea level). Definitely a case where more CO2 is not preferred.

MrThyroid

some1 has mention that animals with low or no body hair live longer and are healthier.
I noticed a very important think that i have parts on my body with no hair those parts almost dont have any fat . I also recognized that i lost hairs on my legs and when i lost them i noticied that again they dont have any fat anymore before with hairs they had a good amount of fat.

So my conclusion is that on this body parts with hairs they re stressed by things like maybe toxins or pufas and with those hairs which grow they maybe excrete toxins and pufas.
And when you lose the bodyfat which has stored a good amount of toxins via pufas, then your body dont need anymore hairs in order to excrete the toxins.

Also remember guys body hair except on the head is driven by DHT and DHT increase by stress hormones like adrenalin and its derivates and also cortisol.
The less body hair you have the more you have thyroid hormones T3 and the less stress you experience.

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What are some theories as to why bonobos do not age? From what I can tell, the region of the Congo Basin where they live is not particularly high in elevation. They eat a lot of fruit, plant parts, insects, and small animals, similar to chimps. So why are they different? Do they somehow retain more CO2, and why would that be? Why would they have a better metabolic rate?Does it have something to do with their small stature?

High thyroid function is one explanation.
Bonobos Do Not Age Due To High Thyroid Hormone

Luann

some1 has mention that animals with low or no body hear live longer and are healthier.
I noticed a very important think that i have parts on my body with no hair those parts almost dont have any fat . I also recognized that i lost hairs on my legs and when i lost them i noticied that again they dont have any fat anymore before with hairs they had a good amount of fat.

So my conclusion is that on this body parts with hairs they re stressed by things like maybe toxins or pufas and with those hairs which grow they maybe excrete toxins and pufas.
And when you lose the bodyfat which has stored a good amount of toxins via pufas, then your body dont need anymore hairs in order to excrete the toxins.

Also remember guys body hair except on the head is driven by DHT and DHT increase by stress hormones like adrenalin and its derivates and also cortisol.
The less body hair you have the more you have thyroid hormones T3 and the less stress you experience.

Sorry for my bad english

Twas I.

Interesting theory

I notice that dark hair growth on the body only occurs in humans after puberty, puberty requires prostaglandins, aging begins around puberty. More of a thought storm than an answer, sorry.

Kunder

Have a question about CO2 and sleeping. Does sleeping with head near an AC / heating vent make a difference? I felt badly after sleeping near a vent that drafted in warm air and switched my bed position recently.

I once slept with water dripping from a leaky roof right on my forehead. Moving slightly to the side away from the drip made a huge difference.

Kartoffel

I once slept with water dripping from a leaky roof right on my forehead. Moving slightly to the side away from the drip made a huge difference.
:D

Mukem

Where can I read more about how bonobos do not age? I did not know that, and haven't immediately found anything online saying/showing that they don't. Also, they may have more T3, but that's an association and may not be causal.

griesburner

sorry but that cant be true or i am an exception. i am a male and have very little body hair. i always wish i had much more body hair cause i think as a male it looks better (more masculine). But i always feel very stressed and i think i have way too low dht levels.

MrThyroid

sorry but that cant be true or i am an exception. i am a male and have very little body hair. i always wish i had much more body hair cause i think as a male it looks better (more masculine). But i always feel very stressed and i think i have way too low dht levels.
maybe you have also low t3 and testosterone

griesburner

maybe you have also low t3 and testosterone

my last lab test showed normal testosterone in range, so not very high but also not low. dht was not tested so it was my own assumption cause of my low body hair. T3 was also not tested only tsh which was something about 2.xx. The lab was done 2 years ago so i dont remember the exact numbers. But i know many friends who have high body hair with very good health and no signs of stress.

shepherdgirl

Thank you @haidut . Fascinating thread. It bothers me that chimps are so similar in diet/lifestyle/environment yet somehow miss the mark. Do you suppose Bonobos maintain their excellent thyroid function because of the starchy stalks and tubers cleaning them out and keeping their blood sugar up? (Thanks @Jennifer and @sladerunner69 ) Could pufa depletion, carrots and bamboo shoots renew the human thyroid?

sladerunner69

Do you think this technique would be safe to use even in the case of pre-gestational diabeetus?

Kunder

As with anything, you should first talk to your general practicioner to see if this technique is right gor you.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you @haidut . Fascinating thread. It bothers me that chimps are so similar in diet/lifestyle/environment yet somehow miss the mark. Do you suppose Bonobos maintain their excellent thyroid function because of the starchy stalks and tubers cleaning them out and keeping their blood sugar up? (Thanks @Jennifer and @sladerunner69 ) Could pufa depletion, carrots and bamboo shoots renew the human thyroid?

I think diet and social activities matter a lot. Chimps seem prone to canibalism, real human-like wars, other forms of violence, and conflict with humans. They just seem to lead a very stressed lifestyle compared to bonobos. Not sure if habitat is also a reason and how much it differs between the species. Maybe a primatologist can chime in? I think there was somebody here about a year ago who said she studies apes. Blanking on her username right now...

cedric

How to make easy oxygenation /carboxytherapy in case of COVID-SARS?
We put ourselves into plastic bag up to the neck and deliver CO2 inside from CO2 source (for saturators, aquarium bottle, dry ice) or breathe inside.
It could be used by Mt. Everest climbers to increase CO2 in the "dead zone".

[The mechanism of the pulmoprotective action of carboxytherapy]​

[Article in Russian]
N D Bunyatyan 1, S M Drogovoz 2, A L Shtroblya 3, A V Kononenko 2, H Zelenkova 4, A B Prokofyev 1, M M Sapovsky 5, L L Nikolaeva 5
Affiliations expand

Abstract​

in English, Russian

The problem of finding new ways for pharmacological prophylaxis and treatment of respiratory tract diseases is very relevant in public health. To eliminate hypoxia, many European and American clinics use carboxytherapy as an additional or alternative treatment. Carbon dioxide administration eliminates the sequels of oxygen starvation, by producing artificial tissue hypercapnia, which causes an increase in oxygen delivery and carbon dioxide removal from the tissues and then from the body. The main mechanism of action of carboxytherapy is associated with enhanced tissue oxygenation and is due to the Verigo-Bohr effect: the effect of CO2 concentration and pH on the binding of hemoglobin to oxygen and release of the latter from hemoglobin. By affecting the chemoreceptors of the respiratory center, carboxytherapy contributes to increased pulmonary ventilation and reduces bronchial smooth muscle tone and bronchial mucous secretion, as well as inflammation; all this improves breathing. By exerting a direct and reflex effect on the respiratory center, carboxytherapy induces hurried and deeper breathing, which increases pulmonary ventilation, speeds up perfusion and gas exchange in the lung, eliminates dyspnea and bronchospasm; therefore, it is widely used for lung diseases (asthma, pneumosclerosis, and silicosis). Carboxytherapy improves lung function in case of bronchopulmonary diseases, performance, and quality of life and it is used as an additional method in the pharmacotherapy of many diseases in pulmonology.

cedric

Naked mole rats take advantage of CO2 but may be also from infrared radiation from sand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals