Ants Do Not Age Due To Living In Environment With High Co2

tara

It's better to keep the population turnover high.
Some of you old enough to remember Logan's Run?
Personally, I'd favour a long-lived population, slow turn-over with healthy aging, plenty of time, support and resource for both young people and elders, and more respect for the strengths of both youth and age.

yerrag

Personally, I'd favour a long-lived population, slow turn-over with healthy aging, plenty of time, support and resource for both young people and elders, and more respect for the strengths of both youth and age.
Sure do. With Michael York and Jenny Agutter.

We might be in that society now were it not for the slow decay of our bodies with drugs and slowly-killing-us health insurance. Stealthy slow death raises no red flags. Draconianly imposed age-determined sudden deaths just reeks of eek!

Last edited:

yerrag

It does, I do this sometimes at night when I feel I may have the "flu" or getting the chills. A 15-min session and the next morning I wake up as if nothing happened last night. No flu, fever, chills, etc. Comforters work best, blankets let too much air pass through.
So much for ventilation. Ventilate the room during the day so that at night you can close doors and windows in your room, and proceed to make it stuffy but filled with more CO2 as you sleep. I'm probably already doing this when I sleep with AC. I just have to make sure the vent in the AC is not set to get fresh air from outside.

Reminds me also of when I drive with AC turned on. I always don't set it to get fresh air from the vent to keep outside smoke and pollution from coming in, especially from diesel buses and trucks, especially in our traffic-congested city. It turns out that I'm benefiting from more CO2 in the enclosed space in my car.

Jem Oz

Anyone have an opinion on how those re-breathing devices compare to plain old bag breathing?

DaveFoster

Logan's Run sounds like The Giver.

My post was tongue-in-cheek.

Mauritio

--> utopia by thomas morus