Beware The False Gurus We All Desire And Wish For

Drareg

I think what your doing is justified. But you are often going about it wrong. Just separate ones point of view from the person him/her-self. If one makes a foolish claim riddled with personal attacks and other such logical fallacies and you respond with in a dignified manner with open mindedness then it will illustrate that person's wrong doing and logical holes rather that initiate conflict.

I get this and agree within the context of this forum,however certain minds don’t want to listen to politeness so this is necessary in some cases for John Doe lurking in.
These guys are all talk about discussion but did you see how they shut down anything contradictory to gbolduev without having a clue what was being said other than that someone doesn’t agree with gbolduev,so how it goes is,someone who doesn’t have any interest in Peat signs up to a Ray Peat forum ...........

For me the real issue in all this is not a disagreement with PEat it’s the why sign up here and stay if you don’t agree??
IMO the forum has been hijacked by all sorts of health gurus with little interest in Peat,I would like to start a thread to ask if people have been solicited or sneakily given advice via PM with the intention of further advice and money exchanged,it’s like they are preying in those with "no cure" so to speak,they don’t have to name.
All gbolduev supporters are there for everyone to see,it’s the same crew looking for anything other than Peat to cause chaos on this forum rather than look at themselves and their behavior/meanings as the cause of their ill health.

I’m stopping now and take on board what you say but how do we resolve the situation when they only listen to the harsh comments.

Constatine

@Drareg, you have posted my thread 3 times in this thread. Dude, that's weird, unbelievably weird. I stated how constructive that thread was. There was nothing negative in the thread. Did you read the thread? It came down to semantics, and a misunderstanding about what Ray was terming "anerobic glycolysis" which I felt was a misnomer. It was clearly explained during the thread what Ray was defining. No issues, no negativity, no attacks. Yet you advertise my thread to assert your innocence, and highlight my dubious bad behavior. Dude, keep me out of this. No high road, I've made mistakes, but at least I'm accountable. You're digging in for war apparently. @Milky is waving the white flag. @Constatine wants things back on track. I hope you learn from this man, and move on in your future forum encounters because this is non-productive.
I do want things back on track. That said please try to refrain from personal attacks as well. Even when you feel you are defending yourself. We can all get along and create a productive community again. We just need to be nicer to each other. Discuss subject matter without bringing people into it.

@vulture, I am actually a licensed physical therapist in the State of California (PT28871). You can verify my license through the PTBC. I have no idea what form of language you are using because it was hard to decipher the attack. Not sure how crack came into the conversation? Are you judging me or the men who are paying their debt to society? I asked for an address because I send out information to my clients. You called me out dude, stating I don't have clients. I called you out, and now you mumble some gibberish about crack. What gives? I was even going to send you out a free logbook and tshirt. I was actually being super nice. You then attacked me. Holy s###!

Xisca

Ho my! I am tempted to clic on this part of the screen saying "Show Ignored Content" !!! But I won't!

It is very interesting -sorry- to just read the answers. I can see they are understandable reactions to offenses. Same happened to Bolduev. His reactions were totally coming from the more or less covered or uncovered suspicions etc. There is no tact and no strategy when people are just true with themselves. Marketing is about strategy. Helping is not.

I did not like some of Bolduev's posts only because I thought he was falling in the traps some people hide on his way....

Edit: I accept the logbook!

Constatine

I get this and agree within the context of this forum,however certain minds don’t want to listen to politeness so this is necessary in some cases for John Doe lurking in.
These guys are all talk about discussion but did you see how they shut down anything contradictory to gbolduev without having a clue what was being said other than that someone doesn’t agree with gbolduev,so how it goes is,someone who doesn’t have any interest in Peat signs up to a Ray Peat forum ...........

For me the real issue in all this is not a disagreement with PEat it’s the why sign up here and stay if you don’t agree??
IMO the forum has been hijacked by all sorts of health gurus with little interest in Peat,I would like to start a thread to ask if people have been solicited or sneakily given advice via PM with the intention of further advice and money exchanged,it’s like they are preying in those with "no cure" so to speak,they don’t have to name.
All gbolduev supporters are there for everyone to see,it’s the same crew looking for anything other than Peat to cause chaos on this forum rather than look at themselves and their behavior/meanings as the cause of their ill health.

I’m stopping now and take on board what you say but how do we resolve the situation when they only listen to the harsh comments.
I don't understand why people come here and hate on Peat either considering its a Ray Peat forum it's just asking for trouble. Though I think that because this forum is so information dense many people come here who would have nothing to do with Peats ideas just because it's such a great resource.
I don't think anyone's mind has ever been changed by a harsh comment. It might weaken their confidence in what they are saying but most people will stick to their point just out of self defense. To change ideas one must lower the barriers we put up to protect ourselves. This can only be done when we separate the idea and the person.

Constatine

@vulture, I am actually a licensed physical therapist in the State of California (PT28871). You can verify my license through the PTBC. I have no idea what form of language you are using because it was hard to decipher the attack. Not sure how crack came into the conversation? Are you judging me or the men who are paying their debt to society? I asked for an address because I send out information to my clients. You called me out dude, stating I don't have clients. I called you out, and now you mumble some gibberish about crack. What gives? I was even going to send you out a free logbook and tshirt. I was actually being super nice. You then attacked me. Holy s###!
I think he thought you meant to show up at his house.

Xisca

Peat is not a guru.
Many persons treat Peat as a guru and look for his ideas about everything in life.
Somebody comes and shakes the beliefs.
Some people say he wants to be guru instead of the guru...
And none presented themselves as such.

Constatine

Peat is not a guru.
Many persons treat Peat as a guru and look for his ideas about everything in life.
Somebody comes and shakes the beliefs.
Some people say he wants to be guru instead of the guru...
And none presented themselves as such.
True. Also Peat many times has said "I don't know much about that" in interviews and what not. The guy does not claim to know everything, he has said things that makes me think that he doesn't even claim to be right about everything. He has open mindedness to new ideas and the possibility of his own ideas being wrong. That is not to say that his ideas are wrong, I have yet to see anything besides his stance on antibiotics that I personally disagree with. But his mindset is definitely not that of a guru. Nor should ours be. It is best to be wary when someone speaks with utmost confidence (or authoritative) and refuses to inspect their own ideas.

DaveFoster

does peat believe there are 58 genders ?

I couldn't find the original, but there's somewhere between 76 and an infinity of genders. So, let's say 85 to be on the safe side.

I just picked up Chinese takeout for lunch a bit ago and this was my fortune for today-

"In this world of contradiction, it's better to be merry than wise."

So I'm sticking with that. Happy October everyone!
"Our happiness depends on wisdom all the way." - Sophocles

I got the shrimp, steamed vegetables and white rice. And it was good.
Sometimes they add oil to even white rice: something to watch out for.

Last edited:

Milky

Sometimes they add oil to even white rice: something to watch out for.

Indeed. I think the steamed rice is ok where I get it, but the light "garlic" sauce is a bit oily feeling. Doesn't taste like it. I don't really trust fast food at all, but have to rely on it sometimes. This place steams the veggies extra long for me (can't stand them crunchy) and it comes with 6 jumbo shrimp for $5 lunch special. Hard to beat for the quick lunch days.

What's the t shirt look like?

cyclops

Indeed. I think the steamed rice is ok where I get it, but the light "garlic" sauce is a bit oily feeling.

Ask for a couple of the "dumpling" sauce on the side. It's usually pretty good, has a sweet ginger taste. No oil.

Yeah, I have to revise a lot of my writings. Peat will do that to a person. The program has always been focused on diet, exercise, sleep, lifestyle, and connection; however the roots will be more mitochondria/Peat-driven. Just when you think you know stuff, you come onto this forum and realize you don't know jack squat. 5 Natives was borne out of my disastrous health journey.

However, the bread and butter is the logbook. Health is so individualized. I'm a big n=1 person. Seeing daily responses/weekly changes takes the randomness out of health. It also gets people out of the allopathic mindset. Eventually, I will have the logbook for sale on Amazon. It has to go through a couple more editions/iterations before I get it to a happy place.

tankasnowgod

Who the hell is Gbold?! I am not keeping up with the forum these past weeks.

Right? I had the same question. I always read his name in my mind as "Gold Bond," like that Medicated Powder.

Look at us! Avoiding gurus thru laziness and not paying attention!

Constatine

Yeah, I have to revise a lot of my writings. Peat will do that to a person. The program has always been focused on diet, exercise, sleep, lifestyle, and connection; however the roots will be more mitochondria/Peat-driven. Just when you think you know stuff, you come onto this forum and realize you don't know jack squat. 5 Natives was borne out of my disastrous health journey.
Well all those factors improve mitochondria health so your not doing bad so far.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals