Beware The False Gurus We All Desire And Wish For

I saw Gbold relentlessly attacked by Peaters with no consequences. Not saying who's right, who's wrong. But vitriol in this forum is very cultish.

vulture

@Kartoffel, so many people (including you) want research to back everything. Odd to me. Human physiology and meteorology belong in the same sentence. It's an inexact science because a lot of times it comes down to anecdotal/personal stories of success or failure. I don't know his exact theory because I don't want to study anyone's theories. But he claims CO2 rentention (you name the mechanism) brings about a lot of problems. I lean toward lactic acid hurting O2/CO2 transport in the body, but I can consider CO2 retention. If you want the details of his theory go onto one of his big posts. He breaks it down there. He has real people who work in real labs who deal with real patients who deal with real CO2/O2 issues who consistently show similar CO2 retention effects. Is that anecdotal? Yes, but is it interesting? You bet your **** it is. I work with real people's health problems. Is that your field Kartoffel? I throw out most of the science when I deal with individuals.
How do you know the guy has real people that etc etc?
How do we know you do?
You have a place for us to check this out?

As I previously said judging his behavior patterns he was just trying to get attention, how do you get attention in a church? Questioning god, the pope or whoever is considered "important" there. I almost have no idea of what he argues, I admit, but in this case it's like body language: you may not even understand what someone is saying but you know he's nervous and bluffing. If you don't like Christians or think they are wrong WTF are you doing inside a church and insistently?

@vulture, dude, you need to let things go. did Gbold shoot your dog? If not, then there's not much to get worked up over. Interesting how people who have no real effect on your life make people so angry. The craziness that is the human brain. Charlie created a separate area for the guy. Was Gbold trolling? I think he stated his case, however weak it may have been, and people brutally attacked him. I thought the dude made a few interesting points. I learned a little about his point of view. Now I'm done with him. That simple. Didn't take anything he said personally and he never ruined my life.

mattyb

AHAHA glad I was not up to date with his news then.

So if we make our blood acidic, our vitamin D will increase to normal level? Estrogen can still be useful for us men, especially to our libido.

Yes, when phosphate is high vitamin d typically follows as part of a regulatory feedback mechanism. Phosphate is acidic (forms phosphoric acid and another weak acid), and has it's own buffering system for helping to maintain blood pH.

vulture

@vulture, dude, you need to let things go. did Gbold shoot your dog? If not, then there's not much to get worked up over. Interesting how people who have no real effect on your life make people so angry. The craziness that is the human brain. Charlie created a separate area for the guy. Was Gbold trolling? I think he stated his case, however weak it may have been, and people brutally attacked him. I thought the dude made a few interesting points. I learned a little about his point of view. Now I'm done with him. That simple. Didn't take anything he said personally and he never ruined my life.
And not a single answer was given...lol
I use to ignore gb posts because if his contributions were so useful I don't see why would he covet attention. So, I think you overestimated how much I cared about it. But sadly I see he made his dream come true: he got lots of attention.

jaa

I saw Gbold relentlessly attacked by Peaters with no consequences. Not saying who's right, who's wrong. But vitriol in this forum is very cultish.

+1

Sometimes these attacks were provoked by gbold's bad attitude, but sometimes it was just because he spoke against the orthodoxy, which is a bit ironic given the topic.

You want to see my CA Dept of Corrections credentials? My work with inmates since 2009? You want to see my patient list as owner of 5 Natives Wellness since 2010? You want to see the elaborate, individualized logbook I created? Send me your address @vulture through private message, and I will send you a copy. Not sure what answers you want. Do you want to be a connection on my Linked In account?

TheDrumGuy

gbolduev
guy that follows paul eck and lawrence wilson
thinks that low vitamin D is caused by alkaline blood and can't be fixed with sunlight or D3 supplements
thinks that estrogen, not testosterone, builds muscle

Not sure about the whole alkaline thing, but I actually think he may be partially right on vitamin D. Obviously if you get no sun or vitamin D in food your vitamin D will be low, but personally I spent months in the Miami sun and my vitamin D barely budged. I believe there is a study on lifeguards who spent a lot of time in the sun, most of them had good vitamin D but a couple were deficient. There is also an old study on athletes, where UV improved performance, but vitamin D not only failed to have the same effect, it inhibited the beneficial effects of UV.

I think good vitamin D levels shouldn't require much sun if your metabolism is good. And much like thyroid, it may be beneficial to take a small dose of vitamin D if yours is low, but it won't be the same as getting it from sun, it's very easy to take too much, and trying to normalize blood levels with hormones alone may leave you worse off.

I think low vitamin D is common because the body is actively keeping it low, not just because you need more sun. The key is to figure out why the body wants low vitamin D.

Last edited:
The real battle with supplementation is at what point do you stop. Taking any vitamin or mineral on a daily basis is a risky proposition. Are people getting their blood levels checked? Are you still getting the so-called benefits? Lawrence Wilson always seemed super sketchy to me. He even brings his big military, US can do no wrong mentality into his BS.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm all for alternative theories and ideas. We have a lot of them here. I hate people who come up with ideas and don't back them up. And they say "studies are no good." Well, studies are what we have to work with. That's how the textbooks are written. I realize that Kuhn and all that, paradigms are often wrong. Peat brings in OLD paradigms that are often more accurate than the new ones. But there is no gospel in a textbook. The textbooks are the prevailing theories same as the studies.

This stuff is really complicated.

Milky

I'm all for alternative theories and ideas. We have a lot of them here. I hate people who come up with ideas and don't back them up. And they say "studies are no good." Well, studies are what we have to work with. That's how the textbooks are written. I realize that Kuhn and all that, paradigms are often wrong. Peat brings in OLD paradigms that are often more accurate than the new ones. But there is no gospel in a textbook. The textbooks are the prevailing theories same as the studies.

This stuff is really complicated.

Good comment, but I'd say studies are much more likely to be influenced by money/corporate interests/agendas than textbooks, but it no doubt happens in both areas.

Milky

I just picked up Chinese takeout for lunch a bit ago and this was my fortune for today-

"In this world of contradiction, it's better to be merry than wise."

So I'm sticking with that. Happy October everyone!

Milky

michael94

Studies are mostly concerned with finding wonder drug/supplements and "cures" or problem habits rather than improving the entire health of the organism. They can be very useful... but requiring them to prove legitimacy for something as mysterious, poetic and beautiful as health is very silly.

michael94

I think gbolduev can help people but probably not very well over the internet. I don't think he has malicious intent just some issues with frustration when he truly believes he has the information to help.

vulture

You want to see my CA Dept of Corrections credentials? My work with inmates since 2009? You want to see my patient list as owner of 5 Natives Wellness since 2010? You want to see the elaborate, individualized logbook I created? Send me your address @vulture through private message, and I will send you a copy. Not sure what answers you want. Do you want to be a connection on my Linked In account?
Attatch pic of your credential to private message with a heavily crumpled paper on top with RayPeatForum written on it with a thick sharpie, if you are so willing to. Sadly, I think is harder for you to do the same about gbolduev. Point is: no one knows who is gbolduev but you were assuming he had a ton of patients and a lab and who knows what else, how could you know such a thing?