The fabric masks are a huge fail because of idiots

OP
Herbie

Herbie

" I think if everyone does what the powers want then they won't take more away from us "

WTF? Lol *sigh*
Either trolling us or severely naive.

any other suggestions? the UK government are blaming the citizens for the virus spreading, not that fact that none of the draconian interventions work. If everyone did what they wanted then they can't blame us for their stupidity. I know this is pure fantasy but I don't know how else to deal with this dreadful situation.

B

Blaze

Can you please point me to some of these studies that show that the masks work?
Masks in isolation do not work as I clearly stated above. You must don full PPE for any true hope of limited protection and change PPE often. The public is not doing this at all as it is obviously unfeasible. If you really must have a specific mask study there are many dealing with particle size and filtration capacity but my point was a mask alone does not protect you at all if you would have read the post more carefully.

Again a mask in isolation does not work...works to greatly reduce but obviously not eliminate all risk only when combined with full PPE.

The studies of mask effectiveness by itself , which is the criteria you demand is usually based on filtration and other data.

But , as I already clearly stated above, who cares, you have no protection from a mask alone regardless of mask quality anyway. So if you demand a study showing masks are effective and ignore all the other protective equipment items and hand washing required for sterile technique, then you already know that will offer no effective protection.

The concept is risk reduction rather than absolute prevention which you can never achieve without fully blocking eyes nose and mouth.

If you are against all mask use then, that's ok with me. A study will never satisfy you as you have already decided you have the correct info. That is certainly your right to deduce if after careful investigation the data leads you there. Studies in favor of and against , we must admit, are easily discredited anyway. So, just to be very clear, I am an advocate for mask use with a way to shield the eyes or no mask use at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

tankasnowgod

any other suggestions? the UK government are blaming the citizens for the virus spreading, not that fact that none of the draconian interventions work. If everyone did what they wanted then they can't blame us for their stupidity. I know this is pure fantasy but I don't know how else to deal with this dreadful situation.
Sure they can. Nothing they have done so far has made any logical sense. Why start now?

They claimed they found this so called "novel virus" in the very first person that had it (fat chance).

They claimed it jumped from a bat to humans (with what evidence? Did they catch it on videotape?)

They declared a worldwide Pandemic when there were like, 12 cases.

They based draconian shutdowns on models that were as far from reality as the Earth is from Pluto, and when those models were exposed as being fraudulent in real time, they did NOTHING (with rare exceptions like Governor Ron DeSantis in Florida, who took the media to task several times, rubbing their noses in their blatant lies, like Trump used to do back in the day before he became a Pfizer Vaccine Shill).

They crucified real doctors/nurses/researchers who dared to criticize the COVID response, regardless of angle.

They blatantly contradicted themselves from one day to the next.

They are torturing people for fun- Is This Torture?

Outright compliance will do nothing, except invite more rules and restrictions. After all, don't good rule followers deserve more rules? They seem to like following them so much.

Civil Disobedience is going to be more effective in the long run.

CLASH

Masks in isolation do not work as I clearly stated above. You must don full PPE for any true hope of limited protection and change PPE often. The public is not doing this at all as it is obviously unfeasible. If you really must have a specific mask study there are many dealing with particle size and filtration capacity but my point was a mask alone does not protect you at all if you would have read the post more carefully.

Again a mask in isolation does not work...works to greatly reduce but obviously not eliminate all risk only when combined with full PPE.

The studies of mask effectiveness by itself , which is the criteria you demand is usually based on filtration and other data.

But , as I already clearly stated above, who cares, you have no protection from a mask alone regardless of mask quality anyway. So if you demand a study showing masks are effective and ignore all the other protective equipment items and hand washing required for sterile technique, then you already know that will offer no effective protection.

The concept is risk reduction rather than absolute prevention which you can never achieve without fully blocking eyes nose and mouth.

If you are against all mask use then, that's ok with me. A study will never satisfy you as you have already decided you have the correct info. That is certainly your right to deduce if after careful investigation the data leads you there. Studies in favor of and against , we must admit, are easily discredited anyway. So, just to be very clear, I am an advocate for mask use with a way to shield the eyes or no mask use at all.

Not looking to argue or debate. I seriously just wanted to see some of the research if you had it on hand, thats all lol. Thanks for the link and the explanation.

Drareg

I don't care about the virus, I don't trust the government's or anything to do with it. I am strongly angered about the whole thing after 30 seconds of thinking about it. But I do follow the rules because I just don't want the governments ruining the world and taking my freedom though I have lost so much, I think if everyone does what the powers want then they won't take more away from us but they do and I like any increase in hygiene in general.

I am working in England as a car mechanic and every car I get into has many of those fabric masks hanging off the indicator stalks, gear stick, stuffed in the glove boxes and I have to touch these filthy things to do the ******* job despite the virus, people are filthy dumb animals and they deserve what they get. People don't have basic hygiene and most would have poor oral hygiene, this is the problem with having a bunch or dumb sheep as citizens. Remember that they know that someone has to drive their car to do the job, they don't have the brain to think "maybe I should take these disgusting masks out of my car"

This is why stupid incompetent governments and their scientics and doctors are controlling our lives to the point where we are locked in our flat's because of the bad hygiene people have in general. But there is no where to run to, the entire world filled with mentally ill governments and dumb people.

So if the government REALLY wanted to get the masks to actually have an impact they should have supplied the single use ones to everyone at the front of a supermarket or whatever and made the reusable ones illegal because dumb dumb cannot be trusted to wash the thing and not leave it laying around spreading bacteria and virus's but no, the single use ones cost too much to use one time.

PS Ray said that Hygiene standards of a population were what stopped virus's from spreading but the government used vaccines because it was more guaranteed than relying on people to practice hygiene. He said that years ago.

There looking to make masks mandatory outside soon, it’s for propaganda, an effect to remind people how "dangerous" covid is.

B

Blaze

Not looking to argue or debate. I seriously just wanted to see some of the research if you had it on hand, thats all lol. Thanks for the link and the explanation.
Me neither , my friend. I come here to interact and learn by talking but by listening too. I certainly welcome differing ideas and opinions. As to research studies , always plenty of them available to support any point of view one might prefer , but , who knows how accurate are the conclusions drawn , what the agenda of the people paying for the study is etc...etc....

Research studies are my least favorite method to acquire information and almost always highly suspect. Sometimes much more can be gleaned from the back and forth discussions between people here. There's a lot of very intelligent individuals contributing ideas on this forum.