Best Time To Use Famotidine To Counter Serotonin Production?

nostalgic

I'm still hanging in there, which I never thought I would. Having issues with constantly high serotonin levels, as well as an extremely slow degradation of it, brings me back to serotonin toxicity after ingesting too much tryptophan. I'm hoping that I could once again be able to eat real proteins if I just take 10mg of Famotidine before the meal, do you think that this would be optimal to inhibit the serotonin production in the gut? For how long is the production decreased after taking the pill?

OP
N

nostalgic

No one is going to know how you respond. Just test it out, and test the other things too. Probably take it with a meal at first.
Yeah, I guess. Just thinking theoretically that it should be optimal to take it right before eating, or am I wrong?

dandingo

Yeah, I guess. Just thinking theoretically that it should be optimal to take it right before eating, or am I wrong?

I believe if taken right before eating it works for liver storage. Taken an hour or so before eating allows it to work more as an antacid. Taking it right before bed will be beneficial for anti-serotonin effects.

Last edited:
OP
N

nostalgic

I believe if taken right before eating it works for liver storage. Taken an hour or so before eating allows it to work more as an antacid. Taking it right before bed will be beneficial for anti-serotonin effects.
I noticed that I got a delayed increase in brain serotonin when using Famotidine, it's possible that it prevented some to be synthesized but I dunno how this works. How does it work when taking it before going to bed?

Frankdee20

See, I’m wondering if by antagonizing serotonin like this, you upregulate, or cause rebound when stopping.

Wouldn’t just using BCAAs with food be better at reducing serotonin?

OP
N

nostalgic

See, I’m wondering if by antagonizing serotonin like this, you upregulate, or cause rebound when stopping.

Wouldn’t just using BCAAs with food be better at reducing serotonin?
I've used BCAA with good success but my histamine intolerance prevents me from using it anymore - the symptoms are unmanageable. I've ordered another amino acid product and hope that I'll tolerate it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals