Becoming A Man With Peat And Haidut

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 When you shined red light mini on your thyroid daily. How long did you do it for, and at what distance? Thanks.

The thyroid gland has two lobes and is located at the front of the neck just below the Adams apple. Its helpful to look online at images and information about the thyroid and its anatomical location.

I started with 8-10 min in morning and 8-10 min in evening, i like pressing the light right against my neck first straight on the front of the thyroid then because the two lobes of the gland go to both sides of the trachea i move the light for a few minuets on each side of my neck more slightly to the front over each lobe of the thyroid, i also will often just hold the light few inches away by placing between my chin and chest, it will make sense when you use it. After that i hold over my face and eyes for several minuets. It is hard to put the light down sometimes it feels so good, the color is delightful.

There can be some relaxation response after, i often feel like resting for for few minuets or so, then i start to feel energy moving.

Now i only shine light on my thyroid occasional and focus mostly on my eyes and face.

After i was using lights for a while i started to get the feeling i needed less NDT and then got feeling i did not need NDT any more, i continued light over thyroid twice a day through the transition, and for a while after, now only 2-3 times a week for shorter time.

Same idea for the testicles, i use for 8-10 min, hold right against the skin, move around some to get all areas and at times i hold few inches away.

Most of you have probably seen this info about Greer’s classic paper on the forum, i have not seen the original paper but i find it inspiring and from my experience and others it is true…

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal] subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (8)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies (8,9) and a large number of trials where T3 was used to treat obesity. So, contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long-term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland.

Here is link to info on Red Light Man site about treating the thyroid with red light.

https://redlightman.com/blog/red-light-therapy-shown-to-cure-hypothyroidism/

They mention the higher spectrum may be helpful because it penetrates deeper, then they also say 620-700nm should provide good benefits, i tried the infrared on my thyroid, it does have a stimulating effect but as i have mentioned before i much prefer the visible light spectrum of the Red Light Device Mini and i am feeling good.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I wanted to talk a little about Medicinal Mushrooms and Homemade Lemonade, but first i would like to mention that when i discontinued NDT i did so fairly quickly, the first week i titrated down to half the amount i was taking and the next week i titrate off the NDT completely, of course using the red light twice a day every day through all this. The first week after stopping NDT i was pretty tired and rested a lot, had good food and drank lots of lemonade. The second week my energy started to increase, by the end of the second week i was feeling stronger and it just kept getting better after that.

I feel Medicinal Mushrooms before during and after stopping NDT offer important and very beneficial support for our bodies, specifically Reishi and Cordyceps, do your research on both those mushrooms.

Fungi Perfect grows really great organic mushrooms in Washington State, their product brand is called Host Defense, here is link to the website.

Host Defense | The Finest Organic Mushroom Supplements | Olympia, Washington

I find homemade lemonade much more satisfying then orange juice and I'm dubious to the quality and manufacturing techniques of even the best brands, fresh squeezed orange juice is nice but not practical everyday.

For homemade lemonade, i use Lakewood brand organic lemon juice available at whole foods or online, i have found Lakewood to be far superior and more delicious to any other brand of juice i have tried, it is fresh squeezed and not from concentrate. To make i mix 1/3 cup lemon juice with 1/3 cup organic sugar and often add some raw honey, sugar and honey taste great together, sometimes i make with Lakewood organic lime juice. I mix all with water in a one quart jar, it will taste sweeter after few hours or overnight after sugar fully dissolves.

I drink 1-2 quarts of this delicious lemonade almost every day, i feel it has played a very important role in healing and nurturing myself. Im 57 years on this planet and i feel better now then i have most my life.

Wishing you all the very best of health!

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Digestion 101

Establishing and maintaining healthy Microbial Balance is key to healthy digestion.

Bifidus Power Blend Probiotic

Taking good quality Digestive Enzymes helps your digestion.

Digestive Enzymes for Gas and Bloating - Assist Full Spectrum Enzymes

Having cultured veggies with your main meals, like most healthy cultures do (pardon the pun…) their whole life is one of the main ways to establish and maintain healthy Microbial Balance.

I like this one, it is very potent, 2-3Tbs with each big meal, same time or right after. If you do not like taste at first, keep with it you will start to like more.

Raw Organic Green Kraut | wildbrine

Bon Appetite!

Dhair

Yes that's exactly right. About 5 inches from my neck. I place it in front of me on my desk, it tilts back an will rest on it's wire at a perfect 45 degree angle upwards. I sit in my chair, with the light pointing up at my neck, and within 10-15 minutes I feel effects (warm, pulse increase, BM urge, mood lift, etc). Hopefully that makes sense. It really is an incredible and underestimated tool.
Tyler, your hypogonadism was secondary or tertiary, correct? Did your endocrinologist order an MRI?
Edit: Nevermind, saw the answer in the OP. I'm just nervous about getting an MRI.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I have had a couple MRI done over the years, i always felt a little better and stronger after. Exposure to certain types of pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMF) can be beneficial. A MRI is very strong and short exposure once in a while is fine and may help. MRI does not use any ionizing radiation.

For daily use you want something you can modulate yourself.

I like Earth Pulse, it works well, is great for sleep and regeneration.

EarthPulse PEMF Therapy Research, Reviews & Devices

Wagner83

@tyler Did you ever have any digestion or gut problems before making all your Peat related changes?
I'm not tyler but he said so in the first few posts, I think he used digestive enzymes and a bit of cascara (as well as a new diet) to help recover a more
optimal transit time.

OP
tyler

tyler

Tyler, your hypogonadism was secondary or tertiary, correct? Did your endocrinologist order an MRI?
Edit: Nevermind, saw the answer in the OP. I'm just nervous about getting an MRI.
They're not that bad- at mine they let you listen to music through headphones!

I'm not tyler but he said so in the first few posts, I think he used digestive enzymes and a bit of cascara (as well as a new diet) to help recover a more
optimal transit time.
Ha!!!! Yes yes yes I had digestive problems. This was probably the worst of all symptoms. When I came out of low carb dieting, I was having a BM 1-2 times per week...

Wagner is spot on. I read the book "The Fiber Menace" which was really eye opening to me. I focused on eating foods low in fiber (and not too much liquid food either), taking digestive enzymes with meals (Enzymedica Digest), and taking cascara at night. I didn't start this all at the same time- I tried them out and stuck with them as I found them helping, but that was my protocol for the majority of my "healing" phase.

My digestion is great now, very regular usually 2 well-formed BM per day. If things are ever getting throw off, a dose of cascara at night puts me back on track.

It's worth noting that the first week I took cascara things got crazy, but then stabilized after that.

Last edited:

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Exactly, Cascara Sagrada is good for a colon cleanse and occasional use for constipation but not a herb you want to use for the long run everyday and you don't want to use for chronic intestinal conditions such as ulcerative colitis.

Cultured veggies like the one i mention before is a much more natural and life long healthy way to heal your digestive system, maintain microbial balance and encourage daily full bowl moments. This food has saved many people after long term antibiotic use.

Cabbage when it is fermented (real unheated sauerkraut) is highly digestible, and will not have any negative effect on thyroid functioning.

Many healthy cultures do this, the Nepalese and Tibetans have fermented cabbage with all their main meals, they are very healthy robust people that show no signs of hypothyroidism.

OP
tyler

tyler

Exactly, Cascara Sagrada is good for a colon cleanse and occasional use for constipation but not a herb you want to use for the long run everyday
I used it daily for over 6 months without issues, no dependency.

Jsaute21

Exactly, Cascara Sagrada is good for a colon cleanse and occasional use for constipation but not a herb you want to use for the long run everyday and you don't want to use for chronic intestinal conditions such as ulcerative colitis.

Cultured veggies like the one i mention before is a much more natural and life long healthy way to heal your digestive system, maintain microbial balance and encourage daily full bowl moments. This food has saved many people after long term antibiotic use.

Cabbage when it is fermented (real unheated sauerkraut) is highly digestible, and will not have any negative effect on thyroid functioning.

Many healthy cultures do this, the Nepalese and Tibetans have fermented cabbage with all their main meals, they are very healthy robust people that show no signs of hypothyroidism.
I used it daily for over 6 months without issues, no dependency.

Yeah, i would like to second Cascara's effect on BM's as well as overall feeling of health. IMHO it is better to use it and alleviate constipation and such symptoms, than to try and tough it out if things are bad.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
A few months is short term and may help some, you each have to try for yourself and see if it feels good. I'm talking about adopting a lifestyle that will serve you your whole life and do more then just keep your bowls moving by stimulation from Phytochemical's.

Cultured vegetables are rich in Enzymes, Vitamin K, vitamin C, calcium, potassium and phosphorus — and of course probiotics too. As an added bonus, the proliferation of lactobacilli in fermented vegetables enhances their digestibility and increases absorption of their various vitamins.

The good bacteria living in someone’s healthy gut environment have been proved to be crucial for lowering the risk of just about every form of acute or chronic illness there is. A 2006 report published in The Journal of Applied Microbiology states that probiotic benefits from cultured foods include lowering the risk of:

• brain disorders and mental illness

• digestive disorders like leaky gut syndrome, ulcerative colitis and IBS

• mood disorders like depression and anxiety

• cancer

• asthma

• hormonal imbalances

• food allergies and sensitivities

• metabolic conditions such as diabetes

• obesity or weight gain

• various autoimmune diseases

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
"Modern education with its focus on material goals and a disregard for inner values is incomplete. There is a need to know about the workings of our minds and emotions. If we start today and make an effort to educate those who are young now in inner values, they will see a different, peaceful, more compassionate world in the future."

Dalai Lama

He grew up in Tibet and eats lots of cultured veggies.:happy:

Dobbler

Can someone explain to me what happens to testosterone / DHT levels when you go PUFA depletion diet (very low / 0 fat)? Im taking Preg / DHEA mby few times a week.

OP
tyler

tyler

@tyler When you said the first week of cascara things got crazy, what did you mean? Did you not feel the need to stop taking it?
What I mean is that BM's were all over the place- in terms of quality and frequency. But at least it had me going everyday, and at that point, that's all that mattered to me. I also think I read somewhere that it could take a few weeks to have a good effect, so I stuck it out.. and super glad I did.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I gave my Mother Royal Jelly for Mothers Day, she rolled her eyes, but said she would try it…

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 Why wouldn't you create your own thread?

Oh well thats true, i guess i was feeling sentimental, i should have focused on how beneficial Royal Jelly is for increasing and maintaining healthy Testosterone levels and naturally enhances endocrine system functioning for both men and women, i believe the key here is dense absorbable bioavailable vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.

“Royal jelly from Apis mellifera is a highly active natural biological substance and is probably one of the most interesting raw substances in natural product chemistry. Trace elements play a key role in the biomedical activities associated with royal jelly, as these elements have a multitude of known and unknown biological functions. For this reason concentrations of 28 trace (Al, Ba, Sr, Bi, Cd, Hg, Pb, Sn, Te, Tl, W, Sb, Cr, Ni, Ti, V, Co, Mo) and mineral (P, S, Ca, Mg, K, Na, Zn, Fe, Cu, Mn) elements were systematically investigated in botanically and geologically defined royal jelly samples.

Concentrations of K, Na, Mg, Ca, P, S, Cu, Fe, Zn, Al, Ba and Sr in royal jelly were determined by inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES), while concentrations of Bi, Cd, Hg, Pb, Sn, Te, Tl, W, Sb, Cr, Mn, Ni, Ti, V, Co and Mo in royal jelly were determined by double focusing magnetic sector field inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (SF-ICP-MS).”

Its interesting that Origins of Life science is very focused on how minerals have the ability to increase the stability of essential Biomolecules.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals