Weight Loss/Ray Peat Results

skycop00

Got tired of carrying the extra 15lbs I gained while peating. It just made me miserable and my body did not adapt. SO....I opted to go into ketosis for 2 months. Lost the 15 and going to stay on it for another 15lbs. Then I will slowly add in carbs. SO far I feel great. You must keep electrolytes UP on keto. I do track macros....just feel so much better dropping fat and water....I think its a viable option for those needing to purge FAT and not wanting to wait years for a transformation. I have also incorporated some intermittent fasting and the usual exercise of skating 2x per week and weight training 2x per week. Calorie intake is around 2400 calories per day... CHO at or below 30 grams daily with Protein at about 140-160grams daily and Fat at or below 130 grams daily.

Be well...

DaveFoster

Why do so many people here recommend large amount of vitamin A for acne?
Accutane is a form of vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin, and helps your skin renew itself more quickly. Accutane is used to treat severe nodular acne. It is usually given after other acne medicines or antibiotics have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.

EIRE24

Accutane is a form of vitamin A. It reduces the amount of oil released by oil glands in your skin, and helps your skin renew itself more quickly. Accutane is used to treat severe nodular acne. It is usually given after other acne medicines or antibiotics have been tried without successful treatment of symptoms.
Yes I've seen accutane is massively high doses of vitamin A. It's starting to make more sense to me now. My low fat diet coupled with too much vitamin A is making my skin too dry and hence the acne is my thought. I guess increasing fat is my best bet to help keep my face moist and acne free.

DaveFoster

Yes I've seen accutane is massively high doses of vitamin A. It's starting to make more sense to me now. My low fat diet coupled with too much vitamin A is making my skin too dry and hence the acne is my thought. I guess increasing fat is my best bet to help keep my face moist and acne free.
I'd say so.

teds

Forum Supporter
@natedawggh

looking at trying a few weeks on the no-fat diet that you've written about. I'm concerned with the fruit in the it makes me super hungry.. I'm trying to work out what a day of food looks like. I hear your recommendation on proteins such as the casein and I'll probably look at doing that but mostly using shellfish etc b/c I'm probably more of a 'wholefood fan'.. so if my day includes lots of fruit, protein and sugar (I can't see myself eating candy but I'm looking into it and trying to bend my mind around that better).. what is your experience with hunger and fruit? I mean, I eat an apple and I'm starving within 10 minutes..

Would love to hear your thoughts and anyone else who might have thoughts/experiences with this. Cheers.

Sonybaloney

I know this is an old thread, but I am still curious how to supplement the cilantro/coriander. How much is enough? And what are the symptoms of high iron other than fat and acne?

Sunny Jack

I'm weary of cilantro, since I heard it just stirs the iron, but does not chelate it. People have reported weird hair growth after taking it.

Better to just drink milk and coffee, and donate blood frequently.