Aspirin Cascara Sagrada Safety ?

Discussion in 'Aspirin' started by lyfe, Jul 15, 2019.

1. lyfe

lyfe Member

i take 81 mg aspirin daily and want to use 450 mg Cascara Sagrada at night ? Should I be worried about the two interacting ?

2. matisvijs

matisvijs Member

I've been using 1-1.5g of aspirin daily and 450mg of Cascara for around 4 months now, nothing negative to report. 81mg is a very low dose and I haven't seen anything that would suggest that taking them together would cause problems (I don't take them at the same time though).

3. postman

postman Member

Aspirin can cause gastrointestinal side effects even when taken in very low doses, on the skin. Effects of cutaneous aspirin on the human stomach and duodenum. - PubMed - NCBI

@lyfe it's probably ok but if you feel like aspirin ins hurting your stomach it might be a bad idea.

4. OP
    lyfe

lyfe Member

Thanks for the feedback ! 81 mg seems like a rather low dose in comparison to other memembers here on the forums - I think next week I will slowly start increasing my dose and see how I feel. This is an off topic questions - but do you find that aspirin makes you feel calmer? I feel a rather significant reduction in stress and anxiety when I take it - which is a lovely benefit considering the exceptionally high levels of stress and tension in my life. Also - you said your taking 450mg Cascara. Are you by chance taking the NOW brand , 450mg capsules ?

Cheers brother