1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Long-term Use Of Cascara Sagrada

Discussion in 'Cascara Sagrada' started by DrJ, Feb 5, 2017.

1. DrJ

DrJ Member

Has anyone been using cascara sagrada daily for the long-term and can chime in on how that is working out?

I've been taking 425mg/day for 2 weeks and it seems to be working out great. Just wondering if it's something I can continue, or something I should back off on (and why). Thanks!

2. tyler

tyler Member

I used 780mg of cascara for over one year. When I started, I was having BMs like three times per week and it fixed that almost immediately.
    I pretty much stopped it all at once when I noticed it was making me "too regular." It was a great aid while I figured out what foods worked for me, and I'm sure it also played a role in correcting GI inflammation. But yeah, I had no dependency/withdrawal issues and have not had to use it regularly in a long time.

3. OP
    DrJ

DrJ Member

Awesome, thanks for the info!

4. Owen B

Owen B Member

I've been taking 250 mg cascara about every other day but not for a while. I found the Lapodin to be way too strong and I thought I was taking a very low dose: just a couple of drops on the wrist for a couple of days. It gave me 'roids and an polyp just inside my nostril. I had no appetite for about two weeks. And it kept cleaning me out.

But i wanted to get some emodin in my system and got the cascara. i get strong "wake up calls for the brain" with this stuff. Makes the trauma brain fog go away. so I'm going to continue with the every other day routine for a while. But I have not been doing this for very long.

5. papaya

papaya Member

what brand of cascara are u using?

6. Owen B

Owen B Member

Nature's Way

7. HLP

HLP Member

I use a divided dose three times per day by opening the 500 mg capsule and taking a bit each time. I find taking it all at once not as effective. I'm also noticing that my lungs feel stronger while taking it.

8. cyclops

cyclops Member

When is the best time to take cascara? Should it be taken with or avoided around food?

9. Coffeeandcigar

Coffeeandcigar Member

I sometimes take brakes and still manage to have many BMs without it. Each time I’ve got the cascara at the health store they tell me it’s non habit forming unlike senna, so I’m thinking they’re correct.

10. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

Nature's Way...1 cap 248mg...taken end of day/food...even 1/2 cap works well enough

11. ebs

ebs Member

Nature's Way contains silica.

12. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    I've taken around 2 grams daily for well over a year with no perceived side effects.

13. nad

nad Member

Hi Sorry maybe too late.
    I like the way to take it like you, that's what my Dr. recommends, but he also suggests to take it w/meal. Do you? Thank you.:)

14. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

Why is it not as effective taken all at once?