Cascara Sagrada before Starchy/PUFA/Phosphate Meal

Velve921

1x a week I will give into cravings and go for a high starchy/high Pufa and sometimes high phosphate meal. These combinations I definitely notice can mess me up pretty bad; low blood sugar, poor sleep, depressed quality of mood, etc...

I also notice my bowel movements will suffer for 1-2 days...would it make sense to try supplementing cascara sagrada with coffee, sugar, coconut oil, gelatin and dessicated, aspirin, niacinamide to increase bowel transit and decrease free floating fatty acids? I realize its a lot of stimulation but trying to find more ways not to suffer upon this meal 1x a week.

Thanks for all thoughts!

EIRE24

Do you ever notice a change in skin quality or acne when you do indulge in these types of meals?

nwo2012 said:
post 1370 Ray Peat says

"I use Farmalabor cascara; I don't recommend it to anyone who is already in good health, but it's helpful for many people with various problems, including slow digestion or food sensitivities."

There are ways to eat starch without pufa. Those symptoms may be from continuing to eat pufa oils, not starch itself. Phosphate is in everything and just getting enough calcium to balance it is what's important. One can not "crave" phosphate. I think it may be a bit much to go straight for CS. Try not eating low quality pufa laden starch or if starch is that bad for you then just avoid it. "Cravings" go away after a meal is eaten. But I don't think a starch craving is a bad thing. We all have the starch digesting enzyme sitting in our mouths, in our spit right now, it's called amylase.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals