cascara sagrada

OP
Stunning4keke

Stunning4keke

what is RPPS is ketoacids?

did you figure out if it was the cascara that is keeping you up or seomthing else. i've been up all night until 6am and i have been taking about 4 little 1/4 teaspoon of cascara daily. but i am also in a benzodiazepine withdrawal and my brain is doing weird vibrational things all night--not sure if i weren't taking the cascara if i would be able to fall asleep for even just a little bit. i've had bad insomnia for 15 months now since i cold turkey'd the benzo's.

but still would like to know what RPPS is ketoacids is?

4peatssake

Stunning4keke said:
what is RPPS is ketoacids?

did you figure out if it was the cascara that is keeping you up or seomthing else. i've been up all night until 6am and i have been taking about 4 little 1/4 teaspoon of cascara daily. but i am also in a benzodiazepine withdrawal and my brain is doing weird vibrational things all night--not sure if i weren't taking the cascara if i would be able to fall asleep for even just a little bit. i've had bad insomnia for 15 months now since i cold turkey'd the benzo's.

but still would like to know what RPPS is ketoacids is?
Hi Keke, good to see you.

They are referring to Ray Peat (Protein) Potato Soup.

Ray Peat said:
To provide usable energy to the over-stressed brain (and heart), R.L. Veech has advocated the use of ketones, but the pure chemicals are expensive to make. An easily available and inexpensive source of ketones (in the form of ketoacids, which can be converted to amino acids if they aren't needed for energy) is the juice extracted(with a centrifugal juicer) from raw potatoes, which also contains proteins and other nutrients. The juice can be scrambled like eggs, and is usually tolerated even by very debilitated people.

Thread about RPPPS

Swandattur

Stunningforkeke, I really have trouble keeping up with my posts. I am taking one capsule of cascara sagrada in the morning and a carrot later in the day. I haven't been having insomnia with that. I'm so sorry you're having that much insomnia. I hate having insomnia, because most of the time it causes or goes along with depressed mood for me. A few years ago I had a rough time getting off Adderall, so I know getting off a medication can be hard. Someone was saying ketoacids helped them with sleep. I read somewhere a quote by Peat saying he just used a cheap carrot juicer for the potato juicing. I haven't really looked into it, though. Since starting the cascara in the mornings, my mood has been really better, and my energy levels, too. It is sure hard to sort all these things out.

aquaman

Stunning4keke said:
well i already got a huge bag of the powder that was suggested in the supplements on here. so i'm guessing that gelatin caps are okay to take instead of veg caps? and that whole mad cow disease doesn't apply?

i guess i will put the powder in some kind of hot tea with lemon to chase it down. wondering if i could just put some powder in orange juice?

resurrecting this, since i'm just reading the site for the first time.

I found Cascara to be the BEST thing i have ever used for slow digestion.

I take 1/2 to one capsule of powder, emptied into a cup, and make a tea, let the gunk settle to the bottom and drink it without drinking the powder.

I think my capsules have 400 mg of powder in, so somewhere between 200-400 would work wonders. Takes around 24 hours to have its effect on me.

Swandattur

The cascara actually tastes good as a tea. I have taken it that way a few times. Sort of like Sarsparilla, although I don't know if Sarsparilla is good *for* you. So, it works without ingesting the solid stuff?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals