Are All Otc Aspirin Products Safe For Daily Use?

lyfe

Hey everybody.

I recently got interested in aspirin so I went down to walmart and bought some of the equate brand aspirin. It is 81 mg & says adult low dose on the front. My question is : are there certain forms of aspirin that are meant for daily consumption? Or is anything that is just aspirin safe for daily usage? It says no where on the bottle that it can be taken daily. Do they make daily dose aspirin ? Sorry for the silly question I just want to be safe. I find that I feel much better when I take aspirin and as crazy as it sounds - my anxiety is greatly reduced and I feel much more confident. I haven't felt this good and along time and I want to make sure Im not using it improperly. I can feel noticeable effects at 81 mg and havent gone over 2 doses a day. Thanks a bunch everybody!

Aspirin is aspirin — but the pills they sell often contain harmful excipients.

If you can get it, Gericare 325mg aspirin contains the active ASA and corn starch. I use that brand.

You can get pet aspirin crystals that are safe, but a little harder to deal with (weighing and dissolving) than the Gericare aspirin.

Remember to take vitamin K2 MK4 when you take aspirin. I dissolve with baking soda, niacinamide, collagen...and feel no issues at all in my gut. I take 1g at a time.

OP
lyfe

lyfe

Aspirin is aspirin — but the pills they sell often contain harmful excipients.

If you can get it, Gericare 325mg aspirin contains the active ASA and corn starch. I use that brand.

You can get pet aspirin crystals that are safe, but a little harder to deal with (weighing and dissolving) than the Gericare aspirin.

Remember to take vitamin K2 MK4 when you take aspirin. I dissolve with baking soda, niacinamide, collagen...and feel no issues at all in my gut. I take 1g at a time.

Thanks alot for the feedback. I will order some k2 - do you have any brand suggestions, and one that would be suitable for a low dose of aspirin?

Inspired

I take 500mg or more of Vitamin C with or before my aspirin. I also take K. But, I found I became more tolerant to aspirin and have no stomach issues. And my blood isn't as thin. So, you can become tolerant to the possible negative effects.

OP
lyfe

lyfe

I take 500mg or more of Vitamin C with or before my aspirin. I also take K. But, I found I became more tolerant to aspirin and have no stomach issues. And my blood isn't as thin. So, you can become tolerant to the possible negative effects.
How much vitamin K2 would you suggest someone take with 81 mg aspirin ?

Inspired

How much vitamin K2 would you suggest someone take with 81 mg aspirin ?
I don't think you need any, to be honest. Check and see if you get nosebleeds or bruise, or when you shave, if it seems like your blood is really thin. If so, then wait. Over time, it probably will get better. If not, then you can try adding some K. Apparently, high doses of K2 are safe. But if you take K1, then I would probably take the recommended daily allowance or slightly more, at least. I think the recommendation to take K is mostly because if you were deficient in K, and took aspirin, you are losing the ability to clot as well.

akgrrrl

Aniprin from Amazon. USP powdered pure aspirin in bulk for horses or dogs, very inexpensive, easy to stir into a drink, no coatings or additives nearly all aspirin has caffeine added to assist delivery, bad if you want to sleep