Are White (composite) Fillings More Toxic Than Amalgam?

freal

I went to the dentist today and she put in a white filling without asking any questions. I had the water sucking tube in my mouth and the adhesive put on so I wasnt even allow to close my mouth, let alone talk. Then she grinded all that toxic plastic to level it up. Oh my god. I have all the toxic dust now all over my stomach and intestines.

Since I used to work with plastics and white filling is a composite of plastic and some glass like material, so a hardener like BPA had to be used. Plus all the junk in the plastic. I would rather have amalgam mercury filling, since it is much less toxic, I presume?

I am so angry now, nobody wants to do the amalgams any more since the have to do much less work drilling the tooth. The only safe fillings are so expensive nobody even considers them (gold ,platinium, crowns). Everything is chipping from my tooth now, f***ing stupid white filling.

The danger should be mostly in the initial period.

freal said:
I went to the dentist today and she put in a white filling without asking any questions. I had the water sucking tube in my mouth and the adhesive put on so I wasnt even allow to close my mouth, let alone talk. Then she grinded all that toxic plastic to level it up. Oh my god. I have all the toxic dust now all over my stomach and intestines.

Since I used to work with plastics and white filling is a composite of plastic and some glass like material, so a hardener like BPA had to be used. Plus all the junk in the plastic. I would rather have amalgam mercury filling, since it is much less toxic, I presume?

I am so angry now, nobody wants to do the amalgams any more since the have to do much less work drilling the tooth. The only safe fillings are so expensive nobody even considers them (gold ,platinium, crowns). Everything is chipping from my tooth now, f***ing stupid white filling.

Not sure how the toxic the effects of the filling are but generally if I suspect that I may be ingesting toxins/estrogens then I'd be more dutiful about trying to mitigate or negate their effects by taking vitamin E, aspirin, carrots (and may be occasional antibiotic like minocycline) until I could remove the problematic source.

OP
F

freal

They even make some (or better to say most) white filling completely out of BPA: http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marble/ ... l-fillings

So nice, you replace a mild toxin that mostly works on the nervous system by a toxic chemical that was designed for putting in estrogen pill for birth control.

Dr Mercola is an idiot and his stupid mercury free dentist need a reality check. They dont care, they have a few thousand dollars of gold fillings in their mouths.

burtlancast

freal said:
you replace a mild toxin that mostly works on the nervous system

Mercury, a MILD toxin ?

:?:

OP
F

freal

burtlancast said:
freal said:

Mercury, a MILD toxin ?

I was refering to mercury concentrations in filling. Thats what Ray Peat said to me when I asked him, about mercury in amalgam fillings. He said they are not much of a problem???

Did he changed his mind?

pboy

for sure less bad than mercury, not ideal...I got some when I was like 12-13, supposedly they go away in 5-8 years or something..but mine are still there, albeit worn down...(wonder where they went? oh well)...anyways, my hormones are pretty nice now...im happy with it, in other words...such is probly right, if they do have an effect that's noticeably bad, its probably only at first...I cant recall at the time, but for sure was a big shift in my life but hard to quantify with other things going on. I really wish I could remove them just cause...id otn like foreing things in body, but as of now theres like 4 back teeth with that stuff and it isn't effecting me, so don't trip on it too bad

you should go back and slap the fool who put them in your mouth...but why would you even go!?!??! you know that's what they wanna do, make the $$ of it

burtlancast

freal said:
burtlancast said:
freal said:

Mercury, a MILD toxin ?

I was refering to mercury concentrations in filling. Thats what Ray Peat said to me when I asked him, about mercury in amalgam fillings. He said they are not much of a problem???

Did he changed his mind?

Amalgams contain 50% mercury.
I don't know what Ray told you.

pboy said:
for sure less bad than mercury, not ideal...I got some when I was like 12-13, supposedly they go away in 5-8 years or something..but mine are still there, albeit worn down...(wonder where they went? oh well)...anyways, my hormones are pretty nice now...im happy with it, in other words...such is probly right, if they do have an effect that's noticeably bad, its probably only at first...I cant recall at the time, but for sure was a big shift in my life but hard to quantify with other things going on.

Amalgams leech mercury along the entirety of their lives, although less and less over time.
I wouldn't want those in my mouth even if you gave me a fortune.

burtlancast

Mittir said:
Here is a RP quote on mercury from dental filling.

Ray Peat said:
No, it takes a lot of mercury to have a slight effect.

source : http://peatarian.com/22532/amalgams-and ... -poisoning
viewtopic.php?t=2897#p34719

How do we really know Ray said that ?
Everybody can post whatever he wants and pass it as a Ray quote.

I would be more puzzled if he wrote that in one of his books/articles.

Just as an example of what amalgams can do to you, somebody researched in the early eighties how many Olympic champions carried amalgam fillings in their mouths.
He found none of them had any.

Logical, since a single molecule of mercury can bind irreversibly to the hemoglobine inside red blood cells, preventing the normal binding of oxygen and it's delivery to tissues.
Less oxygen= less physical performance.
And remember too the brain is the principal consumer of oxygen, by organ weight...()

This is just one example of the myriad of toxic effects from mercury fillings.

OP
F

freal

The question is if an estrogenic chemical is worse than inorganic mercury. I think it isnt.
The dentist was kind of shocked, she thought she did me a giant favor, she even didnt charge me for the difference it since insurance only pays amalgam.

People dont know that a white filling is basically plastic, everybody think because its white its ceramic. Nobody would want plastic filling if it said plastic, especially now since everybody knows about hormone mimickers and BPA.

Mittir

burtlancast said:
How do we really know Ray said that ?
Everybody can post whatever he wants and pass it as a Ray quote.

I do not know if RP has ever written about mercury filling in any of
his articles. I think one easy way to verify this is to call in KMUD shows
and get confirmation on questionable RP quotes. Email will always
be a private source.

Edit: In Josh Rubin's First Q and A interview someone asked RP about
mercury detoxing and he mentioned a Hans Selye experiment where
rats died when they were given mercury but did not die when vitamin
C was added to mercury. He added Mercury in it's reduced form
is not toxic just like iron.

mas

Nearly 25 years ago, Boyd Haley , now Emeritus Professor of Chemistry/Biochemistry in the Department of chemistry at The University of Kentucky proved mercury toxicity as a major factor in Alzheimers disease.
 Mr. Haley says modern medicine does not appreciate the prevalence of heavy metal toxicity in all of us and his research shows mercury dental amalgams are the chief cause. And when one adds the introduction of mercury from other sources such as High Fructose Corn syrup etc., this is a huge challenge and opportunity. He also believes the Thimerosol in vaccines is a contribution factor in childhood diseases.

http://oneradionetwork.com/health/boyd- ... ry-1-2009/

Dr. Haley was hammered and attacked by the Power Establishment for his stance on the dangers of mercury. Dr Hal Huggins was a dentist who opposed the use of mercury and they attacked him too.

My guess is that the composite plastic ones are harmful but who knows which is worse because they will not do scientific studies on that!!! LOL

I searched but really couldn’t find any statement by RP about mercury and this has always puzzled me and I would really like to know his opinion. Ray mentioned that it is best to avoid fluoride, and I agree with that, but sometimes it is hard to do because it is so prevalent and can be in food products and personal care items.

Dentists and doctors have the same mindset. As soon as a dentist sees a pinhole cavity, you are rushed into that chair and half the tooth is drilled off and filled up with some dangerous substance. Healing the cavity with nutrition is totally foreign to them, although there are a few holistic dentists who are doing this.

burtlancast

Mittir said:
Edit: In Josh Rubin's First Q and A interview someone asked RP about
mercury detoxing and he mentioned a Hans Selye experiment where
rats died when they were given mercury but did not die when vitamin
C was added to mercury. He added Mercury in it's reduced form
is not toxic just like iron.

This is correct; it's the basis of Vit C given by IV BEFORE amalgam removal
as Hal Huggins and others explained.

Given AFTER amalgam removal, the Vit C won't be able to undo the damages caused by the released mercury vapors.

The same vapors that escape 24 hours/day, 365 days/year from each amalgam in your mouth.

Do you have blood Vit C concentrations in permanence as to antidote these effects ?

A famous 1990 experiment was made using 12 radioactive mercury fillings implanted in sheeps and monkeys mouths: after just 30 days, they found radioactive mercury
"concentrated in the liver, kidneys, digestive tract and jawbones, but every tissue, including the fetal tissues, received measurable exposure - See more at: http://iaomt.org/understanding-risk-**** ... XfjAP.dpuf"

pboy

just forget about getting your teeth filled, get a gold grill instead

4peatssake

burtlancast said:
Given AFTER amalgam removal, the Vit C won't be able to undo the damages caused by the released mercury vapors.
This makes sense to me given my brother's experience.

Shortly after having his mercury amalgams removed, he was diagnosed with back of the throat cancer.

Of course the solution he chose for the cancer (chemo + radiation) damn near killed him in addition to the mercury poison.

Ahhhh mainstream health care.

Nicholas

anyone else play with actual mercury as a kid? like letting the little ball roll around in your hands?

tara

Nicholas said:
anyone else play with actual mercury as a kid? like letting the little ball roll around in your hands?
Yes.

I have been ambivalent about amalgams for years. When I express unease about them to my dentist, in addition to expressing doubt that problems with mercury amalgams are proven, he also makes the points that the composites have not been around long enough to know what their long term effects will be, and that the mercury amalgams tend to last a lot longer in the mouth than the composites. Locally amalgams are more prevalent, but both are regularly used.
He prefers to fill visible front teeth with white composites, and back teeth with amalgam.

I am concerned that all the mercury in my mouth has contributed to my health issues.
But there other considerations too, eg not getting teeth filled when they need it would be worse, and maybe having to have fillings replaced 3 times as often, each time with more tooth removed, and with a substance whose safety (or otherwise) may not yet be established would be worse too. Hard to know.
Dental decay itself can be a real drag on metabolism and immunity, not to mention heart health.

I think I have read that about half of the mercury that is going to leach out of fillings does so in the first year. The old ones probably aren't leaching much anymore. I've given up the idea of having old ones replaced - the replacement process seems likely to be more hazardous than leaving them in place.

Some of the anti-amalgam dentists say that the trouble with amalgams is not just the chemical mercury poisoning, but also the conductivity issues - I think this is about EMF resonances across the metals serving as antennae. (I've read similar things about underwires.) Don't know how well established these are, either.

artemis

Wow, I never even thought about that with underwire bras. :shock:
Another good reason to ditch the bras altogether!

mas

From poster called tooyoung August 31, 2012
http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t794 ... ry-website

From Peat: (unfortunately RP articles not cited)
"People under stress, or who have a thyroid deficiency, or who don't eat enough protein, typically have elevated estrogen levels."

"Teeth are very similar to bones, so it's interesting that treating male or female rats with estrogen increases their incidence of tooth decay, and removing their gonads was found to decrease the incidence (Muhler and Shafer, 1952).

Supplementing them with thyroid hormone decreased the incidence of cavities in both males and females (Bixler, et al., 1957)."

"The quality of the saliva, regulated mainly by the thyroid hormone, is the main factor in dental health."

Amish People Avoid Cavities Despite Poor Dental Habits
May 13, 1986|By Jan Ziegler, United Press International

The Amish of southwestern Michigan live quiet lives in rural seclusion, yet they are rebels.

They are fond of desserts and jams. They do not brush their teeth every day, and most do not floss. Yet, their children have half as many cavities as other U.S. children and they suffer less gum disease.

How do they get away with this?
Dr. Robert A. Bagramian, a dentistry professor at the University of Michigan, has studied the population and has some ideas about the condition of their teeth, which he called ``pretty good.``

``I think their diet has a great deal to do with it,`` he said. ``They don`t buy any processed or commercial food products at all. I`m not exactly sure, but I do know a fair amount of sugar is in processed foods. The carbohydrate content is higher.

``They eat what they grow. It appears that`s probably the main difference.``

But they use a lot of sugar in canning their foods. How does Bagramian explain this?
``I think they have a fair amount of sugar in their diet, but I think the frequency with which they eat it is probably different from us,`` Bagramian said. ``We are a population that constantly snacks all day long so we have a lot of what we call sugar exposures, whereas they may have a lot but it`s not as frequent as we have.``

It also is possible, since there is a relationship between bacteria and dental diseases, that the Michigan Amish may have a bacteria level different from the general population, the professor said.

Bagramian conducted a study in a community of about 4,000 Amish who live without electricity, plumbing or running water on farms in Branch and Calhoun counties in Michigan.

The water was not fluoridated. Fluoride has been shown to reduce the rate of dental cavities.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1986-0 ... e-cavities

I read an article by Hal Huggins, the anti-mercury dentist, and he maintained that diet was more important than brushing and flossing which are presumed to be “good dental habits” because Huggins maintained that dental health stems from obtaining proper vitamins and minerals from the blood that nourish the teeth.

Dr. Robert A. Bagramian, a dentistry professor at the University of Michigan who did the above study, made some good points, but was ignorant of the high toxic estrogen exposure that the population is exposed to then and today. So he, like all the others used the sugar scapegoat which is used constantly to “explain” dental caries. Please note that he also claims that fluoride reduces the rate of dental caries and this is not true. Read The Fluoride Deception by Chris Bryson.

The Amish have much less environmental pollution, good food based on grass fed animals, decent soil by using traditional farming methods, spend time in the sunshine, etc…have way lower EMF exposure, less chemical exposure to toxic household products and personal products.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals