Best type of filling to get for a cavity/decay 2021

The best material?

• Composite BPA free (but has other chemicals)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Gold

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Ceramic

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Josh

Hey all!

So i’ve been trying to figure out which is the best possible material to use as a filling for tooth cavity/decay! (Uk based).

Amalgam is out due to mercury.

WHITE COMPOSITE: This is the most commonly used today, It’s most dentists preference, It can contain BPA, I've re searched the following ones and most do not have BPA below but still don't know which one to go for as some of the materials are still a bit weird sounding, the thing is, these data sheets don't show ALL the materials, they only show the hazardous materials so god knows what else these things contain!

-Aristofil Universal. (Contains BPA: Aristofil Universal Compules A2 - Wrights Dental)

-Herculite xrv nanohybrid composite made by Kerr. (Not a plastic and BPA free the company have told me: Herculite™ XRV Ultra™ )

-Charisma ABC. (BPA free: Kulzer - Charisma ABC )

-Heraus Kulzer venus pearl and Filtek supreme by 3M. (BPA Free, https://www.kulzer.com/media/webmed...enus_8/Venus_Family_Produktinformation_GB.pdf )

------------------------------

GOLD: I’ve spoke to a bunch of dentists local to me and all have stated its never pure 100% gold and is normally a mixture of alloys along with the gold. I’m not sure if metal is great with the whole thing with the EMF’s/5G etc in our world? Can be 10-60% gold with the other materials being: silver, copper, palladium, zinc, indium and iridium.

CERAMIC: I’ve spoke to one dentist and they use ‘Emax Ceramic’ which is made from ‘Lithium disilicate’, he say’s its 100% ceramic so i thought that sounded great?

-------------------------------

Now i’ve spoke to my dentist today who has already saw my teeth and he said one cavity is small on the wisdom tooth, he said he really recommends the composite material for this one as using gold or ceramic would mean there would be more destruction of the actual tooth to be able to use gold/ceramic.

He also said that when using ceramic/gold they would still have to use a glue and a resin to put them in place in the tooth.

I do have another cavity on a molar tooth on other side that i haven’t actually spoke to the dentist about which is bigger so i should imagine this one could need gold/ceramic but who knows.

So what would you do guys?

-If it comes to the option between gold/ceramic, which would you go for? (Any exact brand suggestions or is the Emax good enough?).

-With regards to dentist stating that i should go for the composite material for the smaller cavity to prevent less destruction of the tooth, would you agree with this or just go for the ceramic/gold and get more destruction of the tooth done?

-Dentist said i can actually request a material so does anyone know a specific material that would be the least toxic/non leaching etc that can be used as a filling material?

I’m super lost with this one as the info is so sparse online and i know when its done if its something thats not great i will regret it massively and it could potentially be stuck in my mouth for the next how ever many years! I’d REALLY appreciate help on this one as i’m stuck on it big time. If anyone can chime in here that would be amazing!

Thanks!

RealNeat

Silver Diamine Fluoride (S.D.F) or Eugenol + Zinc (ZOE). Zirconia doesnt seem too bad either. SDF can keep your cavity from getting worse while you decide whats right as it stops the decay but doesnt fill anything in so you can get the filling over it when you decide (double check that info before committing though.)

OP
J

Josh

I'd go for ceramic.

Yeah i'm pretty keen on the Ceramic but i've been told that to use Ceramic is not suitable for the small cavity i have, the dentist said if i go for ceramic he needs to 'destroy' more of the tooth to use it for what ever reason.

OP
J

Josh

Silver Diamine Fluoride (S.D.F) or Eugenol + Zinc (ZOE). Zirconia doesnt seem too bad either. SDF can keep your cavity from getting worse while you decide whats right as it stops the decay but doesnt fill anything in so you can get the filling over it when you decide (double check that info before committing though.)

Thanks mate i'll take a look at them above! Do you have any opinion on a better material to use?

RealNeat

Thanks mate i'll take a look at them above! Do you have any opinion on a better material to use?
Id probably go for this as its temporary but still may last a while and if it doesnt work out its not permanent.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Josh, I’m curious if you ever chose a filling material? I’m probably going to need one myself soon.

OP
J

Josh

@Josh, I’m curious if you ever chose a filling material? I’m probably going to need one myself soon.

Yes I did @Blossom ! I went for the 'Admira Fusion' in the end. After to speaking to a gazillion holistic dentists, this one is the best there is. It's not 10000% ideal, but it's definitely our best bet. It's made In Germany. BPA free and apparently very bio compatible

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes I did @Blossom ! I went for the 'Admira Fusion' in the end. After to speaking to a gazillion holistic dentists, this one is the best there is. It's not 10000% ideal, but it's definitely our best bet. It's made In Germany. BPA free and apparently very bio compatible
Thank you so much! I’m tagging someone so they will see your reply.
@Insaneacinamide

Advocate2021

i am up for some dental work and dentist advised he uses this ACTIVA BioACTIVE Overview PULPDENT, Sounds great but it contains fluoride so thinking no way unless there is something i dont know. Thoughts? wondering if any of the work i have in my mouth currently is this- never looked into it and have crowns and fillings of course. hope not.

lau

i am up for some dental work and dentist advised he uses this ACTIVA BioACTIVE Overview PULPDENT, Sounds great but it contains fluoride so thinking no way unless there is something i dont know. Thoughts? wondering if any of the work i have in my mouth currently is this- never looked into it and have crowns and fillings of course.i am up for some dental work and dentist advised he uses this ACTIVA BioACTIVE Overview PULPDENT, Sounds great but it contains fluoride so thinking no way unless there is something i dont know. Thoughts? wondering if any of the work i have in my mouth currently is this- never looked into it and have crowns and fillings of course. ho

lau

i am up for some dental work and dentist advised he uses this ACTIVA BioACTIVE Overview PULPDENT, Sounds great but it contains fluoride so thinking no way unless there is something i dont know. Thoughts? wondering if any of the work i have in my mouth currently is this- never looked into it and have crowns and fillings
the admira looks better & germany makes the highest quality dental products but i think maybe this stuff helps heal the pulp & prevent root canal? flouride is bad for us but it is good for teeth. do you know of any good dentists in nyc?

I think ceramics/porcelain are good. Inlays and onlays. Inlays and onlays are made in a lab, or with a machine in the dentist's office.

Gold is an amalgam and contains copper and "other metals" that I can't find right now. So gold isn't pristine.

tokimaturi

You need to drill a lot to attach a ceramic. If you want to keep most of your tooth intact, composite or gold are the best options. Composites have a much shorter lifespan and need to be replaced at some point. Gold and ceramic can even last your lifetime. At a glance the pulpdent ones seems interesting. I'm not convinced the amount of fluoride is a problem.

Pure gold is too soft which is why it's blended with something. Wedding bands are traditionally 18 karats or 75% gold. Red gold has copper, yellow gold has a mix of copper and silver. There is a possibility of it containing small amounts of nickel or other metals (white gold has nickel or palladium in it). Gold really is functionally the best option. Gold can be produced by the amalgam process of dissolving it into mercury but it is distilled out of it afterwards. Whether traces remain I do not know. There are other ways to process gold, including with cyanide.

Mr Joe

Hi Blossom how are you ? Have you found any solution since that time ? I might need one as well and I never heard Peat giving his point of view regarding this. So any intake would be great !

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi Blossom how are you ? Have you found any solution since that time ? I might need one as well and I never heard Peat giving his point of view regarding this. So any intake would be great !
I had decided on porcelain a while ago as the safest option available to me but fortunately I didn’t need any fillings after all. It’s so hard to know what to do (& I know next to nothing about dentistry) but I tend to trust porcelain more than the newer composites just because it’s been in use for a long time and I haven’t been able to find anything negative about it. Hopefully if anyone knows something more they will chime in. Best wishes

Mr Joe

I had decided on porcelain a while ago as the safest option available to me but fortunately I didn’t need any fillings after all. It’s so hard to know what to do (& I know next to nothing about dentistry) but I tend to trust porcelain more than the newer composites just because it’s been in use for a long time and I haven’t been able to find anything negative about it. Hopefully if anyone knows something more they will chime in. Best wishes
Thx for answering Blossom ! I hope others can bring more insight !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals