Are White (composite) Fillings More Toxic Than Amalgam?

Cannavacciuolo

I do not have first hand knowledge of this but was going by the information articulated on this thread. it makes sense though that gold would non toxic. would it be white though or tooth colored?
The gold inlays I have seen were all gold colored, that's why it's usually used for the non visible teeth. Porcelain is another option if one wants more similar color

HighT

@yerrag , Hi, Im going tomorrow to dentist for cleaning. I will discuss with her if she could remove one amalgam I have. It was put by another dentist 5 years ago after root canal. I didn't know anything back than, I might have some more cause I have 3-4 more teeths worked on, but here nobody let you know what materials they use, thus Im sure only about one. Anyway could you tell me beforehand if its save to remove one or two amalgams giving I will do mercury detox. I read some scary comments in this thread, but think you mention you have 16 removed. Thank you! Anyone else, please tell if you know something.

Peatress

@yerrag , Hi, Im going tomorrow to dentist for cleaning. I will discuss with her if she could remove one amalgam I have. It was put by another dentist 5 years ago after root canal. I didn't know anything back than, I might have some more cause I have 3-4 more teeths worked on, but here nobody let you know what materials they use, thus Im sure only about one. Anyway could you tell me beforehand if its save to remove one or two amalgams giving I will do mercury detox. I read some scary comments in this thread, but think you mention you have 16 removed. Thank you! Anyone else, please tell if you know something.
Dr Peat was asked about this in this interview I was listening to recently and he said if they are old fillings to leave them alone as they are no longer toxic.

yerrag

I think you're fine removing one filling. The dentist should have a dam though, to minimize mercury being inhaled from its removal.

But is there a reason you're only doing one?

HighT

@Peatress , thank you for the link. It calms me down.

@yerrag , thanks!
But is there a reason you're only doing one?
I have only one amalgam.

So I was today for the cleaning and asked her if she has made amalgams to any of my teeth. She replied, no I don't do amalgams. I asked her why waiting for the mercury reason. She said cause amalgams are very strong construction, much solid than the tooth itself and overtime is damaging the remaining of the tooth. If you are worried about the mercury, it wont poison you. I said well Im not sure about that. She replied that mercury is quickly getting absorbed by the silver. I asked if she could remove it and replace it with something else. I could do it for your peace of mind but is totaly unnecessary.

-What materials you have used for other teeth?

-Photopolymer.

-Is that a plastic?

-No it is essentialy a glass.

-Do you do ceramic only fillings?

-The ceramic has to be glued with something - photopolymer.

- Well but therefore the majority of filling is ceramic rather than 100% photopolymer.

- Yes, but photopolymer is safe and effective, dont read to much on the internet. not everything is true...

I think Ive heard that before. Bet she is on her 5th booster :d. Anyway the good news are that I don't have any caries. She warn me this time last year and the year before that I have 2 caries and It has to be taken care of. I said will see or smth. So now this caries are gone without doing much. I have swished with coconut like 10 times this year and 10 more with hydrogen peroxide. Also ironically I have uped quite a bit the sugar.

So what could have been the alternative ? She coud have drilled one tooth and fill it with sheit. And since another caries was on a wisdom tooth she wanted to extract it straight away back than...

Back to the amalgams, she said that tooth is made very well by another dentist I was to and is impossible to leak in my mouth. I asked if its possible to leak from the canals inside. She said they must have blocked the canal and confirm it by xray after.

Thus from my point of view only God knows how well this canal was made and weather is leaking or not.
It is not a rush, but I still consider removing it.

yerrag

@Peatress , thank you for the link. It calms me down.

@yerrag , thanks!

I have only one amalgam.

So I was today for the cleaning and asked her if she has made amalgams to any of my teeth. She replied, no I don't do amalgams. I asked her why waiting for the mercury reason. She said cause amalgams are very strong construction, much solid than the tooth itself and overtime is damaging the remaining of the tooth. If you are worried about the mercury, it wont poison you. I said well Im not sure about that. She replied that mercury is quickly getting absorbed by the silver. I asked if she could remove it and replace it with something else. I could do it for your peace of mind but is totaly unnecessary.

-What materials you have used for other teeth?

-Photopolymer.

-Is that a plastic?

-No it is essentialy a glass.

-Do you do ceramic only fillings?

-The ceramic has to be glued with something - photopolymer.

- Well but therefore the majority of filling is ceramic rather than 100% photopolymer.

- Yes, but photopolymer is safe and effective, dont read to much on the internet. not everything is true...

I think Ive heard that before. Bet she is on her 5th booster :d. Anyway the good news are that I don't have any caries. She warn me this time last year and the year before that I have 2 caries and It has to be taken care of. I said will see or smth. So now this caries are gone without doing much. I have swished with coconut like 10 times this year and 10 more with hydrogen peroxide. Also ironically I have uped quite a bit the sugar.

So what could have been the alternative ? She coud have drilled one tooth and fill it with sheit. And since another caries was on a wisdom tooth she wanted to extract it straight away back than...

Back to the amalgams, she said that tooth is made very well by another dentist I was to and is impossible to leak in my mouth. I asked if its possible to leak from the canals inside. She said they must have blocked the canal and confirm it by xray after.

Thus from my point of view only God knows how well this canal was made and weather is leaking or not.
It is not a rush, but I still consider removing it.
I backread and yes, I didn't read it well and you were clear on just having one amalgam. Sorry.

A dentist like you describes likely sowant use a dental dam, but since you just had one tooth done, the mercury released and going into your system won't be that much, and you were going into mercury detox right after.

All such dentists just parrot things they learn at the Talmudist dentistry school they went to. Same toothpastes that don't really do much. Same plaque that builds up that they say is due to genetics. Same talking points that lead you to go back to them for cleaning, fillings, extractions, and mouthpieces.

HighT

Exactly. It was also very funny that the dentist was commenting how much tartar i got and have to visit if not 3 months at least 6. ''Look how much tartar is in here cause you don't use fluoride paste'' LMAO But I got pair of eyes and mirror at home so I clearly see amount of tartar is not even a 1/4 of what it use to be... Now Im getting more motivated to take care of my teeth. Im going to do coconut swishing regularly and hydrogen peroxide. Egshells and maybe I will get some kuinone.