Are we living in a simulation? If yes, how do you leave?

Apple

if there is a god who created this universe then defenetely we are in his simulation . Whatever you call it. Whatever or whoever created time/ space and inmposed the physical laws on it doesn't want us to know the truth. And without the creator/architect why would the universe just pop up out of nothingness for no reason? ...nonsence

nomoreketones

if there is a god who created this universe then defenetely we are in his simulation . Whatever you call it. Whatever or whoever created time/ space and inmposed the physical laws on it doesn't want us to know the truth. And without the creator/architect why would the universe just pop up out of nothingness for no reason? ...nonsence

Why would a creator exist at all?

Why would anything exist at all?

Really makes not sense that we are here at all. Yet here we are - at least we think.

YourUniverse

Sometimes Ill think hard on a topic, and randomly a person will enter my life that is related to it. Of course this can be like when your friend gets a new car and you start noticing that car everywhere, because its entered your field of view. Still, I would bet that the laws of the universe are very much still unknown and respond to more things than we think (more than biology - chemistry - physics - math, etc).

Sort of unrelated, I think struggle is a choice and a learned mindset, and there is always an easy way to do anything you want to, if you let yourself get out of the struggle [a pseudo-example of an unexplored universal law]

Last edited:

nomoreketones

Sometimes Ill think hard on a topic, and randomly a person will enter my life that is related to it. Of course this can be like when your friend gets a new car and you start noticing that car everywhere, because its entered your field of view. Still, I would bet that the laws of the universe are very much still unknown and respond to more things than we think (more than biology - chemistry - physics - math, etc).

Agreed, I think human knowledge is only at the "tip of iceberg".

In physics they haven't even discovered a unified field theory yet and the greatest minds in the world have been at work on it for a century now. Reality may be beyond human comprehension.

gaze

there have been moments where i've had incredibly potent deja vu, where i am 100% certain i've already seen what's happening before, despite being in an environment i've never been in. that, along with dreams, are when it feels like your breaking out of normal reality

Melba

I have experienced what may be simulation on and off for years,in the twilight of sleep I saw faces of teenage boys ,one poked me ,(I actually felt the physical pain) they all laughed said " ooh she didn't like that" another time I saw a very bright light only it was coming from behind my eyes ,it was hurting my eyes so I got up and headed for the bathroom with my hand raised in front of me because it was dark, I bumped into a wall and broke a bone in my hand, there is not a lot of distance between my bed and the wall and no way could I have hit the wall hard enough to break a bone, I had the impression of a 9 year old boy watching. there's a lot more but I can't go into right now.
that's just a small example of what I have been experiencing for years and until recently I hadn't even heard of the simulation theory but I was searching for answers and it seems the most logical explanation.

I am not on any medication or suffer any mental health issues or believe in any hocus pocus voodoo stuff, if anything I am a cynic in search for answers.

nomoreketones

In quantum physics uncaused events exist. They even proved it...Or... it is just a long rabit hole
This is one area where quantum theory really blows my mind. Well, all of quantum physics blows my mind but it blew Einstein's mind too so I don't feel so badly.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

If the world was a simulation then it is very likely that you wouldn't have a second body elsewhere so you could not unplug. If the simulation was shut down then your reality would end.

If you were connected to a virtual reality system then it is unlikely that you would have a body. What would the point of the body be? You would most likely be a "brain in a jar". In that case you wouldn't want to unplug.
Any intelligence with the capability of creating such a detailed and realistic situation would have no problem keeping a brain alive in a jar.

Using energy from human bodies was a plot hole in the Matrix. Makes no sense to use human bodies to generate energy. It would be more efficient to convert the food directly to energy rather than using the human body to convert the food to energy and harnessing the energy from the human body.

Maybe a punishment for a crime could be a reason to put a whole human body into a simulation. The worse the crime the worse the simulated life would be.

1) Researcher Anthony Peake says consciousness is not in the brain. So isolating the brain wouldn't work. Your store emotions/memories in your heart/liver too.

2) How else would you get energy from food? The only way would be to use a digestive system to extract the nutrition.
Also the body has chakra points, further disproving the brain in a jar theory.

TopGun1911

Theory:

We all have a second body that is connected to a full scale virtual reality system with tubes to feed you just like in the Matrix.

The question is, how do I unplug and connect with my other body?
This is just the re-invention of religion. What you described here is closest to gnosticism.

Frankdee20

Then what happens to consciousness and us upon physical death ? Are we just here by random chance because conditions of this planet were right for life ? Are we just blips on a screen ? We don’t remember anything prior to birth, but so many years have past up until our birth .... are we just flashes in the pan ? Just random ?

boris

In physics they haven't even discovered a unified field theory yet and the greatest minds in the world have been at work on it for a century now. Reality may be beyond human comprehension.

Are you sure about that :wink?

You mean like the „great minds“ who are working hard at curing cancer, heart disease, and alzheimers, while telling you to eat your heart and brain healthy soy oils?

Almost all science is as compromised as nutrition and biology is, and if you do any real work you will get your funding cut, or kept from having any type of carreer in the mainstream, just like Peat, or the disciples of Gilbert Ling.

Waynish

I don't think anyone on this thread is claiming there we are living in a simulation. This is really just a thought experiment. I certainly do not believe we are living in a simulation. But this thread is interesting nonetheless.

Please show me where cultural leaders (Elon et al) are saying it is merely a thought experiment and they're not really serious.

Inaut

Are you sure about that :wink?

You mean like the „great minds“ who are working hard at curing cancer, heart disease, and alzheimers, while telling you to eat your heart and brain healthy soy oils?

Almost all science is as compromised as nutrition and biology is, and if you do any real work you will get your funding cut, or kept from having any type of carreer in the mainstream, just like Peat, or the disciples of Gilbert Ling.

+10

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

At the "moment of death", allegedly, you relive your life again. So in theory you can never die. Time just keeps dilating.

Frankdee20

At the "moment of death", allegedly, you relive your life again. So in theory you can never die. Time just keeps dilating.
The life you had prior to dying ? Or in a grander and more abstract sense ?

Jing

Theres a theory that there is a hole at the north pole which Is the way out of this world .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals