Anyone Considered Pure Glucose Powder When Healing Poor Liver? Why People Can't Handle No Starch?

raypeatclips

I've been thinking recently about why some people don't do well without starches. I wondered if this was to do with liver being poor in storing the glucose, and as starches are almost pure glucose (I'm sure Peat said this about very well cooked potatoes) Would a pure glucose powder be beneficial, in place of sugar in milk etc, and instead of starches which may cause endotoxin problems and others. While the person heals their liver to use other sugars effectively after a time and then not need to use pure glucose powder?

Anybody care to comment?

Mittir

Recently i tried to be starch free and i felt great but i felt like
i did not eat anything. I believe chewing plays a big role.
It gives a sense of satisfaction. I remember reading
that chewing causes some king of substance to be released
which has beneficial effect. Can not remember the name
it probably was dopamine.

Someone asked RP why he felt warmth after eating starch.
RP's response was increased stress hormone from
high insulin response. I believe it is worth experimenting
with pure glucose vs pure sucrose. May be there is something
to starch repleting muscle glycogen results in feeling good.

tara

I don't know but interested.
Makes sense that if tha main problem people are having with starchy foods is that they take a bit to break down, and end up feeding the microbes too much, then glucose powder might have an advantage on that front.
Possibly related, I notice better response to confectionery made with more glucose syrup rather than primarily sucrose.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Mittir Yeah I remember the same thing, that chewing releases something. I also remember Peat saying just eating foods that are delicious is beneficial because it releases more juices in the digestive system. Although I enjoy the drinks, I have never found just liquid diets particularly delicious. It's not the same as some hot roasted coconut oil chips.

@tara Yeah endotoxin is something I am focusing on at the moment, and was trying to think of ways to minimise this. I recently bought some sweets from the shop I hadn't had before. A couple of members of my family tried them and keep coming and asking if I have any left, which isn't unheard of with different sweets, but quite rare. I checked the ingredients and they use glucose syrup. Anecdotal of course and many other factors involved but I still found it interesting, going to look out for more containing glucose.

paymanz

at least one reason for bad reaction to starches can be thiamine deficiency which can cause low amylase production.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

at least one reason for bad reaction to starches can be thiamine deficiency which can cause low amylase production.

Thanks for the reply. I have a good reaction to starches, I think, I am just concerned about potential feeding of endotoxin. I have things like anxiety, which I'm sure has something to do with endotoxin. I tried to go starch free and had issues then of adrenaline rushes etc. I think thiamine deficiency is very probable though.

you need

b1
b2
niacinamide

b6
biotin

to digest sugar

that is most important

Thank you, I am probably deficient in one of these, having not taken any for years. I will look into this further,

yerrag

I didn't think about asking this question but it's good you asked. I've always assumed that pure glucose would elicit a strong insulin response, and would quickly lead to hypoglycemia, unless your metabolic system is such that it will quickly metabolize the glucose to keep your blood sugar from spiking up. I thought that because of this being the condition of most people (because of the presence of free fatty acids in the blood), taking sucrose (a disaccharide of glucose and fructose) would elicit a better insulin response. And taking fructose would even be better, because it would be metabolized even with the presence of serum fatty acids.

paymanz

fructose alone is not good idea because it doesnt absorb well and feeds bacteria.

and to have good control on blood sugar after a big starch/glucose meal you need to be able store glycogen efficiently.for that you need to be insulin sensitive(low FFA as you mentioned) and also good thyroid function.

ability to store glycogen is what make you handle large carb meals.

yerrag

fructose alone is not good idea because it doesnt absorb well and feeds bacteria
and glucose and fructose doesn't? Any reference you can quote?

and to have good control on blood sugar after a big starch/glucose meal you need to be able store glycogen efficiently.for that you need to be insulin sensitive(low FFA as you mentioned) and also good thyroid function
how does thyroid affect glycogen production?

ability to store glycogen is what make you handle large carb meals.
what happens to the large carb meal if ability to store glycogen is impaired?

paymanz

@yerrag if you do a search there is some studies showing fructose only absorb well when companied with glucose.like sucrose.
fructose absorption rate - Google Search
fructose alone absorption - Google Search
Maybe if fructose ingested with starch ,it go same way as sucrose.

And that is what ray said in an interview,thyroid function is what decide livers capacity to store glycogen.and if you don't have good capacity I can guess it either has to store as fat or you become hyperglycemic.

Last edited:

tara

I didn't think about asking this question but it's good you asked. I've always assumed that pure glucose would elicit a strong insulin response, and would quickly lead to hypoglycemia, unless your metabolic system is such that it will quickly metabolize the glucose to keep your blood sugar from spiking up.
It probably would if you had a large serving. I imagine small servings would have a more moderate effect?

Mittir

Dairy is very low in manganese. Apple juice, Pineapple and chocolate are
good source. I was surprised when i found out that a cup of uncooked
white rice has 100% RDA of manganese. I think people often
overlook the nutrients in starch when decides that starch
feels better than sugar. I get all the RDA except for folate.
I was wondering about RP's opinion on RDA of folate.
RP thinks we get enough manganese from egg, liver and oysters.
He probably thinks in terms of thyroid improving
mineral balance and retention and that lowers the dietary requirement.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Mittir I get low readings of maganese from cronometer from egg, liver and oysters. Best looks around 0.4mg per serving. Maple syrup is around 0.7mg per tbsp and mussels are a good source of it as well.

When you say you get 100% of RDA per day, is that from food? Does that include A,D,E,K? Or do you mean you supplement some of the RDAs?

Yeah I am sure good thyroid lowers the need for it. So many of the questions I research come back to the same answer (If thyroid is good, then it doesn't matter)

paymanz

High metabolism increases assimilation and retention ,utilization

But in the same tim, it doesn't increase the requirements?

Just like in EFAD!

Mittir

@raypeatclips
I use 1000 IU of vitamin E once a week and daily 4000 IU vitamin D3
and little bit of niacinamide. RP said something about possible allergens
in maple syrup. We probably need an alternative RDA table like RPRDA or RPDA.

High metabolism increases assimilation and retention ,utilization

But in the same tim, it doesn't increase the requirements?

Just like in EFAD!

I was simply speculating what would be RP's reason not
to pay extra attention to manganese RDA based on his
reply to magnesium RDA. He mentioned improved thyroid
function lowers the requirement of magnesium.

In essential fatty acid deficiency high metabolism
caused mainly vitamin B deficiency and RP mentioned that
people immediately get vitamin B deficiency if they raise
metabolism just by drinking coffee and sugar.
Biological half life of manganese is around 40 days.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@Mittir is that E and D internally or topically?

Yeah, he also says that a good thyroid function ensures normal foods such as milk and coffee have enough magnesium in it to cover the needs. Seemed to be of the opinion that improving thyroid to attain magnesium was more beneficial than actually consuming magnesium. Although achieving good thyroid is far more difficult than simply upping magnesium.

Can you remember where he said people get vit b deficiency just from coffee and sugar?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals