Anti-cortisol/estrogen/serotonin That DOESN'T Worsen Constipation?

ddjd

In my experience it's quite hard to find things that are both anti Cortisol AND anti Serotonin. Cypro is one but it causes terrible clogging.

From my understanding there are two major stress pathways. One is the SAM (sympathomedullary system) which controls Adrenaline and the other is the HPA axis (Cortisol).

Serotonin tends to increase when Adrenaline is high. Histamine also goes alongside these two.

Whereas Cortisol, estrogen, in my experience come together and as mentioned they are mediated moreso by the HPA axis.

Also as discussed in other threads when Cortisol is low, Adrenaline can sometimes increase. And vice versa. Like a see saw effect.

One other thing is that anything that reduces Serotonin will inherently reduce gut motility. So it's not going to happen imo

aquaman

One other thing is that anything that reduces Serotonin will inherently reduce gut motility. So it's not going to happen imo

Where has this idea that serotonin is the only controller of bowel movements come from?

Lisuride (reduced serotonin) significantly improves motility for me, especially topically on the stomach.

There's probably 20+ factors at play,

ddjd

Lisuride (reduced serotonin) significantly improves motility for me, especially topically on the stomach.
This is inaccurate. Lisuride antagonises 5ht2a and 5ht2b but it actually agonises 5ht1a, 5ht2c. You can't just say lisuride is only antagonising Serotonin, it isn't.

The Serotonin agonistic properties of lisuride are what I suspect cause your gut motility from it.

Last edited:

aquaman

This is inaccurate. Lisuride antagonises 5ht2a and 5ht2b but it actually agonises 5ht1a, 5ht2c. You can't just say lisuride is only antagonising Serotonin, it isn't.

The Serotonin agonistic properties of lisuride are what I suspect cause your gut motility from it.

I was basing it off Haidut's post on the lisuride thread:

"It is an antagonist at the serotonin 5-HT2B receptor, which is its main mechanism of action in reversing fibrosis of various tissues and organs."

And had assumed the anti-fibrotic effects from the serotonin 5-HT2B receptor would improved the colon elasticity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals