Ancient Chinese Were Peatarians

YuraCZ

White rice is a perfect source of carbs. Every athlete knows that..

Tom

Sumo wrestlers use white rice (and very low fat intake) to fatten themselves up.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 470

narouz

YuraCZ said:
narouz said:
YuraCZ said:
I just don't see ANY issues with well cooked white rice with some protein and fat(butter, gelatin, coconut oil, eggs, cod, beef etc..) as a complete meal. It's 100% Peat approved food. :thumbleft

"Starch and glucose efficiently stimulate insulin secretion, and that accelerates the disposition of glucose, activating its conversion to glycogen and fat, as well as its oxidation. Fructose inhibits the stimulation of insulin by glucose, so this means that eating ordinary sugar, sucrose (a disaccharide, consisting of glucose and fructose), in place of starch, will reduce the tendency to store fat."
--Ray Peat, "Glycemia, Starch, and Sugar in Context”
Myself with rice and rice cakes as the main source of carbs for about 8 years.. It's about overall calorie intake. You can be fat as f*** eating just oranges..

Squinting a bit,
the rice seems to have made you look a bit like Matt Damon
from the neck up.

So...I say forget about whether it's Peatian!
Men: eat white rice and eat a lot of it!

YuraCZ said:
Almost everybody in the fitness industry uses white rice
YuraCZ said:
White rice is a perfect source of carbs. Every athlete knows that..

Ray Peat said:
cheapness is the main factor for even dietitians are taught to promote a certain amount of starch in the diet and starting in the 1930s the U.S. government designed and taught dietitians to promote three levels of nutrition, one to simply prevent starvation emphasizing beans and cereals, another middle class more health-oriented diet and a rich persons' diet with plenty of animal protein, and that emphasis originally it was relatively meaningful, valuable to hungry people to know how to get by on a diet of just a few cents a day for beans and grains balancing things for minimal survival purposes, but for economic reasons the like the breakfast cereal industry subsidized nutrition journals and dietetics journals and taught dietitians to say that these things are healthful, that the foods that were originally promoted just to survive now they're called "health foods", whole cereals, legumes and so on.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

YuraCZ

Tom said:
Sumo wrestlers use white rice (and very low fat intake) to fatten themselves up.
Are you serious? :roll: Sumo wrestlers eat every day 10,000 kcal on average.. Try to eat 10 000 kcal from the milk, OJ, liver, eggs, fruits etc. You become a sumo wrestler in a year LOL.. :lol:

EDIT- sorry 20 000 kcal on avarage :D

"A typical sumo wrestler eats a daily diet of 20,000 calories, which is pretty astounding when you consider that the recommended daily intake for a healthy, active male is 2,500. They eat 10 times what a normal male eats and all of it’s done in two massive 10,000-calorie meals. The sumo’s diet is an expression of my favorite Japanese cultural trait—never doing things halfway."

YuraCZ

The obvious factor is food. Sumo wrestlers follow a diet that focuses on a high intake of fats and carbohydrates.They consume a special stew called Chanko Nabe. This stew contains chicken, fish, prawns, tofu,bean sprouts, onions, cabbage and other vegetables. They eat many bowls of this and rice throughout the day.

A sumo wrestlers diet is, however, not as important as their lifestyle. And when I say ‘lifestyle’, I mean their sleeping and eating habits.Their exceptionally large weight is achieved through very rigorous eating and sleeping strategies.

Their routine is to sleep- a lot! They take naps after lunch and have their heaving meal right before sleeping. The meals are processed for storage (as fat), instead of being used for energy. The fact that the meal is not being used for enables the fat to stay on as storage.

Skipping breakfast is also another very important factor that contributes to the large amount of weight these wrestlers gain. This
can not only trigger overeating later in the day but can also cause a drop in metabolism. It was found in research that people who do have breakfast, like sumo wrestlers have a five-percent lower metabolism than those who don't skip breakfast. This is because by consuming calories, our body uses more energy to digest and absorb the food.

Sumo wrestlers also always drink beer with their meals. Alcoholic drinks contain large amounts of ‘empty calories’, meaning that they have absolutely no nutritional value except for providing energy. Since these wrestlers insist on sleeping after meals, all the energy from the meals is stored as fat.

Lastly, sumo wrestlers eat together, making the meal much more sociable. The more sociable the meal is, the more a person eats. Researchers have found that by eating with others and socializing we tend to consume more food because it takes us longer to get full. As sumo wrestlers are literally stuffing their stomachs to their limit with each meal, the more food and calories they intake, the more fat will be stored.

So that’s basically how sumo wrestlers gain a crazy amount of weight and manage to keep the fat on! Expectedly (yet unfortunately), their average life expectancy is between 60-65 years old. This is approximately ten years less than the average Japanese male. Their unhealthy lifestyle leads to illnesses such as diabetes, liver disease, heart disease, arthritis and high blood pressure.

Clearly, this is a lifestyle everyone must avoid!

Amna Kamran
Biology Writer

pboy

white rice alone becomes probably 75% fat, white rice eaten with cucumbers and carrots, or pumpking soup like whoever posted about, almost all turns into glycogen...its kinda simple...I mean its as complex as the world to people that don't understand, but its all about nutrients with digestible carbs = glycogen. Digestible carbs without nutrients = fat and sugar problems. Indigestible carbohydrates (or unabsorbable) = bacteria food, gas, endotoxin. This applies to glucose and fructose

root vegetables and above ground squash types and beans actually are the starch sources with enough nutrients to become glycogen, grains do not, so they have to be supplemented with low calorie high nutrient foods. However, root veg and squashes have a lot of indigestible (fermentable) carbs...so they have that problem.
Beans as well, and beans are pretty high in phosphorus also..the magnesium might help buffer that. So take your pick, potentially irritating acid unripe phenolic fruits with high water content, or nutrient dense starches with gas problems, or non nutrient dense starches (rice) with accompanying non sweet fruit and veg that might have irritating phenolics and tannins in them or other antinutrients. White sugar is just what it is...completely pure, but without accompanying nutrients is essentially going to be mostly fat

milk is unique in the sense its totally pure and nutrient rich and has only a fraction of non noticeable oligosaccharides (0.3g per cup) so its clearly the most reliable best carb source

becoming swoll isn't efficient way to be in l ife, you have to waste a lot of time money and energy on food and working out, and you are inflexible. Some people like that but its...I cant think of a useful job where that is an ideal build. Even if you were moving furniture for a living or unloading boxes off a truck or something, you'd still want more flexibility, more like an athletes build, strong and mobile. Just swoll isn't really the ideal build for anything other than strong man competitions

Tom

YuraCZ said:
The obvious factor is food. Sumo wrestlers follow a diet that focuses on a high intake of fats and carbohydrates.T

I don´t know exactly how much calories the Sumo wrestlers eat.

According to this paper "only" 5000 kcal http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/29/10/1167

I have not seen it suggested anywhere that Sumo wrestlers eat a high fat diet. In the mentioned paper fat intake was just 9-15E%.

My point is that it is really hard to get fat by eating fruits or sugars. The high starch leads to much higher blood sugar, then later low blood sugar, and the hunger kicks in etc and in the process the body has stored fats.

You get a far better blood sugar balance on fruits than on starches. Another thing about white rice is that it has so little nutritonal value, it does not provide the needed potassium, magnesium etc to deal with the carbs in a proper manner, not the same way as tubers or fruits does. There are so many videos on youtube about fruitarians and none of them seem to have any weight issues despite eating high amounts of calories. Can the same be said for people that eat a lot of white rice?

What type of food do farmers use to fatten up pigs? Sugars? Fats? It is starches.

What type of food is used to make the fois gras, the fatty goose liver?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foie_gras "foie gras is defined as the liver of a duck or goose fattened by force-feeding corn with a feeding tube").

OP
S

sugar daddy

interesting pboy
so what do you think of egg yolks with pitta bread?
or Greek yogurt/skyr with honey?

YuraCZ

So why are people from the countries where is rice core of their diet so slim. For the most part? I help you answer.. Because they don't eat excess of calories?? Sometimes simply use common sense..

Btw, where you read "only 5000 kcal?"
I see "more than 5,000 cal"

pboy

good but not quite enough minerals in the long run. A piece of fruit would round it out, either one of them...or a cup milk

YuraCZ

pboy said:
good but not quite enough minerals in the long run. A piece of fruit would round it out, either one of them...or a cup milk
Of course white rice is basically just energy source as sucrose.. I'm on "Peat diet" . I can't drink all my calories, tropical fruit is not available and at the same time I must avoid foods like dried fruits, cheeses, chocolate etc. due to histamine intolerance. My range of foods is pretty limited. So white rice as a "neutral" source of energy is appreciated. Because I need at least 3000+ kcal ED..

Tom

YuraCZ said:
So why are people from the countries where is rice core of their diet so slim. For the most part? I help you answer.. Because they don't eat excess of calories?? Sometimes simply use common sense..

Btw, where you read "only 5000 kcal?"
I see "more than 5,000 cal"

Here´s the full paper:

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/29/10/1167.full.pdf

"wrestler’s meal is called "chanko-ryoni” in Japanese and is abundant in calories, punine-nich protein, and carbohydrate. A diet of the lower wrestler group consisted of I ,003 g of canbohydrate, 50 g of fat, 165 g of protein, and a total of 5,122 kcal, while a diet of the upper wrestler group consisted of 780 g of carbohydrate, 98 g of fat, 396 g of protein, and a total of 5,586 calories."

(This is an old paper and may not be reflective of current practices. Perhaps Sumo wrestlers do eat 10 or 20,000 calories.)

Why are people slim in for example Japan? Yes, they eat very little calories and there´s a great embarrassment of being overweight compared for example with the US, so they are strictly controlling their food intake.

They also usually eat enormous amounts of vegetables, so one could suggest that the combination of white rice + vegetables is a little bit like tubers/potatoes or even fruits in that it cause a better satiety and blood sugar balance.

Nevertheless, diabetes has increased dramatically in China in recent decade, and there´s been paleolithic diet studies showing that a diet without grains (and diary) but with mainly fruits (and some tubers), leads to spontaneous calorie restriction because of the change in the leptin hormone.

In 4 or 5 smaller trials in all cases the participants simply reduced caloric intake without "forcing" themselves to it down to 1200 (13E% fats) to 1900 kcal (45E% fats).

One of the most extreme results happended with ten australian aborigines who basically reversed diabetes in just 7 weeks on a diet with 1200 kcal, 52E% protein, 35% carbs and 13% fats. It was free of grains and rice, mostly sugars for the carbs from plant foods.

So I don´t know what to say. I think first of all I am not so negative about the tubers, even potatoes. But white rice is not the same as those. White rice does not cause weight gain if one has self discipline and control portions, but it does cause greater risk of overeating and overweight than fruits.

Attachments

• b.png
    b.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 480
YuraCZ said:
pboy said:
Of course white rice is basically just energy source as sucrose.. I'm on "Peat diet" . I can't drink all my calories, tropical fruit is not available and at the same time I must avoid foods like dried fruits, cheeses, chocolate etc. due to histamine intolerance. My range of foods is pretty limited. So white rice as a "neutral" source of energy is appreciated. Because I need at least 3000+ kcal ED..

White rice is the same as sucrose?

YuraCZ

Such_Saturation said:
YuraCZ said:
pboy said:

White rice is the same as sucrose?
Maybe even worse!! When I read all that stuff from Tom for example... White rice = obesity, diabetes and death :rolling

tara

pboy said:
starch is meant to make wall paper paste and stiffen clothes before you iron them
and for evildoers who want to foil Captain Underpants. :)

pboy said:
If a food is absorbed slowly, but still cant be turned into glycogen, its no different than if it was absorbed fast, its just a longer slower stress rather than a quicker one.

I like your post, pboy, but I differ from you on this.
I think if glycogen storage is poor, and insulin response is sluggish, then I think a slow sustained release of sugars (monosaccharides) into the blood stream can provide energy over a longer time period than the same quantity absorbed very quickly.
For me, that meant that a meal of beans could keep me going for hours, while a meal of meat and potatoes or rice would give me a short boost, but then I'd crash fairly quickly afterwards and need more fuel. I used to think this was a good reason to eat beans. I'm not doing or recommending that now; I'm trying to improve glycogen storage instead, and handling the fuel supply by frequent small amounts of fruit instead.

pboy

yea youre right that it could be better (to have slower digesting carbs if you couldn't turn them into glycogen), but it would have to be veeeery slow release. The thing with beans, is that they can become glycogen, but the slow digestion is just cause their physical structure. That could be a way to ...eat less in a sense, cause the body responds with thyroid and other thigns like dopamine to glycogen levels. So if you ate a bunch of...lets say sugar or potatoes that coul dbe glycogen, if would all be digested and assimilated into glycogen in like an hour, so then body would ramp up thyroid and dopamine, and you'd be inspired to do more action, have more thoughts, basically be moving faster and using more electic potential in skeletal muscle movement and talking more and things like that. So you'd run out of the energy faster cause you were using it faster. Beans, absorb over like 3 hours, so glycogen would never get super high, so thyroid and dopamine would be a bit less, you wouldn't feel bad, but wouldn't be as active in the mean time or have the same quality or types of thoughts/inspirations

tara

YuraCZ said:
Such_Saturation said:
Oh yeah, it is almost like eating only half the amount because fructose has almost no effect. But even pure glucose has lower glycemic index than certain rices.

And who eats just plain rice.. Rice with some protein and/or fats and glycemic index doesn't mean nothing. So where is a problem. Almost everybody in the fitness industry uses white rice as a main carb source and nobody has issues with high GI..
The fitness industry and serious athletes are not representative of the population. I would expect them to have greater glycogen storage capacity on average and therefore to handle starches better than average, maybe to have more leeway in their diet for 'empty' calories than people who eat less altogether, and maybe to have a greater need for high density carbs, that would be harder to satisfy with fruit alone, even aside from the cost and availability (which are not trivial factors for most of the population).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals