Could this be why some people think they can't drink milk?

sunmountain

Thank you, Mittir. My knee pain came on when my digestive troubles started, so probably endotoxin and serotonin, yes.

I would like to experiment with lactulose again. Can you tell me what brand and dosage you tried? I realize I will have to find my own dosage.

I do have daily BM's, though I am slightly constipated when I go. Sorry TMI.

If I did not react to lactulose, then my breath test will probably come back negative...

Mittir

@Dean

Few years ago i could barely drink 1 quart and i stopped drinking fluid before bedtime.
Using 400 watts of incandescent light also helps to increase evaporation and increased metabolism.

His main problem with whey is high temperature processing that damages cystein, tryptophan
and high tryptophan content. I have used micro filtered whey to milk before. I am not sure
if micro filtered casein exist or not. Adding some gelatin to whey can balance out the excess
tryptophan. I think protein from cold process is much safer than hot dried milk powder or
may be better than evaporated milk too.

Edit 1: Whey isolate does not have any other nutrient, it is pure protein.

Edit 2: Later i realized that just eating strained yogurt or home made farmer's cheese
solves the problem of reducing fluid and getting enough protein. Whey or Casein powder
is not necessary but convenient.

Mittir

sunmountain said:
Thank you, Mittir. My knee pain came on when my digestive troubles started, so probably endotoxin and serotonin, yes.

I would like to experiment with lactulose again. Can you tell me what brand and dosage you tried? I realize I will have to find my own dosage.

I do have daily BM's, though I am slightly constipated when I go. Sorry TMI.

If I did not react to lactulose, then my breath test will probably come back negative...

I have done that long time ago, i really do not remember what brand or what amount.
I probably started with 1 tsp and after some experimentation i found the right dose
that did not have laxative affect. I did not need laxative , i only needed the gut flora effect.

Peat's_Girl

jyb said:
The homogenisation process was introduced purely for aesthetics and consumers not liking the blocks of fat floating in the milk. Of course if you like dairy cream, the floating fat is delicious and it doesn't make sense. The store milk tastes like plastic. It really seems like consumers prefer aesthetics to taste and health...

We don't have an option for non-homo milk here in Quebec, I wonder why, but I doubt it's an indication of quality (at least in this case). It makes me so sad, but the laws here are strict and raw milk is simply unavailable to consumers/ So the ones who do prefer health to aesthetics have to go on living without milk... :(

Peat's_Girl

Mittir said:
Edit 2: Later i realized that just eating strained yogurt or home made farmer's cheese
solves the problem of reducing fluid and getting enough protein. Whey or Casein powder

Made from raw dairy, correct?

Peat's_Girl

What an interesting thread! Strange I missed it at first.

I grew up on raw dairy and now display lactose-intolerance symptoms. I always thought raw dairy would fix it but I have no access to raw milk (only cheese) so I guess I'll never truly know.

I *thought* I read/ heard Peat say homo milk is easier to digest for some people? (Am I crazy?)

Is the consensus here that in the absence of "real" milk it's best to go with cheese? I think I'll have to re-asses my diet (again).

By the way, Paneer sounds like farmers cheese but seems a lot less fussy to make!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htlSxcEuANk

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
PG- Do you have cow shares in Canada or Farmers Markets where one can purchase raw milk for their 'pets'?

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So from the replies it seems that lactulose formed from heated or pasteurized milk would either be benign or possibly beneficial. It's so nice to have a place to discuss these curiosities.

halken

I thought people had milk problems due to a "cluttered" gut whereby after a quick 10 day session of a tetracycline class antibiotic it would be gone.

Mittir

Peat's_Girl said:
Mittir said:

Made from raw dairy, correct?

I used boiled milk to make both farmer's cheese and strained yogurt.
I believe you need to heat the milk to certain level to extract more protein
with less acid. I remember trying to make milk curd using raw milk and acid
and there was small amount of curd and it was too fine and hard to strain.
You also need to warm the milk before adding yogurt starter to make traditional
yogurt. I believe there are other methods used for raw milk to isolate curd.

Peat's_Girl

Blossom said:
So from the replies it seems that lactulose formed from heated or pasteurized milk would either be benign or possibly beneficial. It's so nice to have a place to discuss these curiosities.

D'oh! Then how did I infer the opposite? ;D (A stark realisation, like the one below...! ;3)
So pasteurised with no added vitamins (which we don't have) is better than non-homo?

I guess it's an n=1 thing and I'll never know.

Yes, I believe we do... But the farms are kinda far and we don't own a car (we plan to in the future), so perhaps we will end up getting some milk for our... pets... >;3

what-if-the-human-is-not-my-pet-funny-cat-meme.jpg

tara

Peat's_Girl said:
So pasteurised with no added vitamins (which we don't have) is better than non-homo?
Don't know about Canada, but where I am I sometimes find a pasteurised but not homogenised brand in the local supermarkets. Pasteurisation is required, but homogenisation is up to the supplier, and they probably do it mostly to lengthen shelf life, and partly because some people like it that way.

If you can get no fat milk (not available here), then I imagine homogenisation would be a non-issue, since it's about breaking up the fat particles.

moss

Mittir said:
I drink milk in ayurvedic way. I buy raw milk and bring it to boil and let it foam up and
then lower the temperature and cook it for 5 more minutes.

So do I when I can get raw milk, otherwise I use unhomogenised organic milk and have no problems with it. I go better on milk later in the day and before bed, adding cinnamon, honey, and a little gelatin and sleep well.

A

Anonymous

If you can't handle milk you have intestinal inflammation. You probably have hemorrhoids too.