ACV and gut bacteria

CrystalClear

I think it is well established that ACV lowers blood glucose and insulin response in healthy, insulin resistant and diabetic people. One of the ways it does it is by deactivating starch digesting ferments in the stomach, as far as I understand. So, being physiologically illiterate, my question is if it may cause the starch to reach further into the intestines feeding more bacteria in the stomach which might be a bad thing? Aren't we simply impairing digestion for the sake of having lower BG?
Any other thoughts on taking ACV for blood sugar control are welcome.
Hi Serge,
I hadn't heard about AVC for blood glucose control. However, having been hypoglycemic for many years, and
taking AVC particularly regularly over the last two years, I haven't ever noticed it have an effect one way or the other. So it is interesting that some people may use it for BG control.

I have been using it for bad bacteria control in the gut in conjunction with taking pro and pre biotics which over time has helped with lifting energy and kept it at a consistent level for quite some time now.

OP
Serge

Serge

Hi Serge,
I hadn't heard about AVC for blood glucose control. However, having been hypoglycemic for many years, and
taking AVC particularly regularly over the last two years, I haven't ever noticed it have an effect one way or the other. So it is interesting that some people may use it for BG control.

I have been using it for bad bacteria control in the gut in conjunction with taking pro and pre biotics which over time has helped with lifting energy and kept it at a consistent level for quite some time now.

Hi CrystalClear,

there are actually tons of research about using ACV for lowering BG. Strange you weren't affected by the hype :) If you are hypoglycemic, to me it says you have no problem with blood glucose metabolism, so I'm not sure if it will affect you in this respect. Because sugar is really so easy to get into blood. You don't have enough, just eat it? Would it work?
But who knows maybe if you discontinue ACV your BG shall normalize into higher values. It's just hypoglycemia is another Universe for me, the opposite of mine

CrystalClear

Hi CrystalClear,

there are actually tons of research about using ACV for lowering BG. Strange you weren't affected by the hype :) If you are hypoglycemic, to me it says you have no problem with blood glucose metabolism, so I'm not sure if it will affect you in this respect. Because sugar is really so easy to get into blood. You don't have enough, just eat it? Would it work?
But who knows maybe if you discontinue ACV your BG shall normalize into higher values. It's just hypoglycemia is another Universe for me, the opposite of mine
If ACV lowered my BG I would have suffered believe me lol ACV is good for the liver though. Sugar is easy to get into the blood but then the body has to regulate it and stablilize it so having a healthy liver is important. I have been able to get to the point of little to no hypoglycemic symptoms at this point. What Dr Peat always said about NO gluten, we must listen to, as I did not for good while. But AVC for gut work is one of the essentials. Supposed to help with weight loss too, but I haven't noticed that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals