A. Muciniphila Improves Insulin Sensitivity, Lowers Weight+ Cholesterol+reduces Endotoxin Load

LeeLemonoil

this might hint that taking olive leaf extract helps regulating the microbiome / dysbiosis

The metabolic and vascular protective effects of Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract in diet-induced obesity in mice are related to the ameliorat... - PubMed - NCBI

The metabolic and vascular protective effects of Olive (Olea europaea L.) leaf extract in diet-induced obesity in mice are related to the amelioration of gut microbiota dysbiosis and to its immunomodulatory properties.

Abstract
INTRODUCTION:
Many studies have showed the beneficial effects of the olive (Olea europaea) leaf extract (OLE) in experimental models of metabolic syndrome, which have been ascribed to the presence of phenolic compounds, like oleuropeoside. This study evaluated the effects of a chemically characterized OLE in high fat diet (HFD)-induced obesity in mice, describing the underlying mechanisms involved in the beneficial effects, with special attention to vascular dysfunction and gut microbiota composition.

METHODS:
C57BL/6 J mice were distributed in different groups: control, control-treated, obese and obese-treated with OLE (1, 10 and 25 mg/kg/day). Control mice received a standard diet, whereas obese mice were fed HFD. The treatment was followed for 5 weeks, and animal body weight periodically assessed. At the end of the treatment, metabolic plasma analysis (including lipid profile) as well as glucose and insulin levels were performed. The HFD-induced inflammatory status was studied in liver and fat, by determining the RNA expression of different inflammatory mediators by qPCR; also, different markers of intestinal epithelial barrier function were determined in colonic tissue by qPCR. Additionally, flow cytometry of immune cells from adipose tissue, endothelial dysfunction in aortic rings as well as gut microbiota composition were evaluated. Faecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) to antibiotic-treated mice fed with HFD was performed.

RESULTS:
OLE administration reduced body weight gain, basal glycaemia and insulin resistance, and showed improvement in plasma lipid profile when compared with HFD-fed mice. The extract significantly ameliorated the HFD-induced altered expression of key adipogenic genes, like PPARs, adiponectin and leptin receptor, in adipose tissue. Furthermore, the extract reduced the RNA expression of Tnf-α, Il-1β, Il-6 in liver and adipose tissue, thus improving the tissue inflammatory status associated to obesity. The flow cytometry analysis in adipose tissue corroborated these observations. Additionally, the characterization of the colonic microbiota by sequencing showed that OLE administration was able to counteract the dysbiosis associated to obesity. The extract reversed the endothelial dysfunction observed in the aortic rings of obese mice. FMT from donors HFD-OLE to recipient mice fed an HFD prevented the development of obesity, glucose intolerance, insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction.

CONCLUSION:
OLE exerts beneficial effects in HFD-induced obesity in mice, which was associated to an improvement in plasma and tissue metabolic profile, inflammatory status, gut microbiota composition and vascular dysfunction.

moa

This is the product: Bifidyn – biotische Bifidobakterien – 42 Milliarden aktive Bakterienkulturen pro Kapsel
It contains Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium longum ssp. longum.

I would get an itchy, congested nose, itchy eyes, itchy and painful throat after eating certain high histamine foods. I can now tolerate all the foods I enjoy eating again.

Interesting. I try the spore based probiotics from Just Thrive company. Ray spoked about this stains as being beneficial as they can pass the gastric acid as spores. They seem to have a good balancing effect, changing the hole microbiote in the long term.

Do you think this probiotics you take not in spore form or gastro resistant pills can resist the gastric acid ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

This is the product: Bifidyn – biotische Bifidobakterien – 42 Milliarden aktive Bakterienkulturen pro Kapsel
It contains Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium longum ssp. longum.

I would get an itchy, congested nose, itchy eyes, itchy and painful throat after eating certain high histamine foods. I can now tolerate all the foods I enjoy eating again.
Can you tell me a bit more about your experience? Like did it affect bloating ,fat, muscles or sth like that? And do you take them before or after food ?
I also ordered the bifido cultures! They seem great , especially endotoxin reduction, liver protection and anti inflammatory properties.

J

jb116

The probiotic thing is pretty confusing. @haidut had posted about Bifidobacterium longum specifically for example, in how its a driver of pancreatic cancer not to mention "auto immune."

shine

Can you tell me a bit more about your experience? Like did it affect bloating ,fat, muscles or sth like that? And do you take them before or after food ?
I also ordered the bifido cultures! They seem great , especially endotoxin reduction, liver protection and anti inflammatory properties.

They definitely affected bloating in a positive way. I also often had a tense feeling in my gut and now that area feels relaxed.
I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and have made really great progress, gaining lots of strength and muscle. I can't say whether or not it is related to the probiotics because I also eat way more calories than before and take a lot of stuff to increase T and DHT.
I take the probiotics before my first meal in the morning.

And what about l. Rhamnosus ?
I tried it recently and it had an incredible GABA-like effect, felt like taking a benzodiazepine. It affects GABA receptors and increases parasympathetic signaling. In rat studies the rats seemed "more chilled out" and I definitely felt like a chilled out rat. I took it for a week and it has a long lasting effect on anxiety. I have really low levels of anxiety and enjoy social situations a lot more, they are effortless now.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

They definitely affected bloating in a positive way. I also often had a tense feeling in my gut and now that area feels relaxed.
I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and have made really great progress, gaining lots of strength and muscle. I can't say whether or not it is related to the probiotics because I also eat way more calories than before and take a lot of stuff to increase T and DHT.
I take the probiotics before my first meal in the morning.

I tried it recently and it had an incredible GABA-like effect, felt like taking a benzodiazepine. It affects GABA receptors and increases parasympathetic signaling. In rat studies the rats seemed "more chilled out" and I definitely felt like a chilled out rat. I took it for a week and it has a long lasting effect on anxiety. I have really low levels of anxiety and enjoy social situations a lot more, they are effortless now.
Thanks man!
L rhamnosus sounds interesting too!

SOMO

I studied Akkermansia a while back and there is no A. Mucinophilia supplement on the market right now so it doesn't matter.

The most interesting thing about this "probiotic" is that it recycles mucin.

Vinny

The most interesting thing about this "probiotic" is that it recycles mucin.
And what does that mean, if you care to explain?
Thanks

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Another way to boost this bacteria strain is to eat cooked starch:
- The Effects of Gelatinized Wheat Starch and High Salt Diet on Gut Microbiota and Metabolic Disorder

or in this study they used peptides derived from bovine gelatin, so I suspect regular bovine gelatine should do as well.
Not only did it dramatically lower COX2 and TLR4 but it also increased Akkermansia quite a lot.
- The Anti-Inflammatory Effect of Bovine Bone-Gelatin-Derived Peptides in LPS-Induced RAW264.7 Macrophages Cells and Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced C57BL/6 Mice - PubMed

"A recent publication shows that glycine alleviates colitis; but the use of gelatin, especially in the form of a concentrated gelatinous beef broth, for colitis, dysentery, ulcers, celiac disease, and other diseases of the digestive system, goes far back in medical history. Pavlov's observation of its effectiveness in stimulating the secretion of digestive juices occurred because the stimulating value of broth was already recognized."
- RP

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals