15mg Biotin With Every Meal?

success23

I was not sure where to post this so i decided to post it here.
I really want to try the high dose biotin.
According to this thread / Biotin Restores Glucose Metabolism Even In Type I Diabetes / biotin is insulin substitute.

Maybe this way we can get the best of both worlds? High carb with lowish insulin?

I plan to measure my triglycerides tomorrow. Maybe biotin will also lower them since high insulin induces something called carbohydrate-induced hypertriglyceridemia and high triglycerides stop leptin from entering the brain making people overeat when plenty of calories are available.

Or maybe not with every meal since we need insulin for the thyroid hormone conversion..

Thoughts?

Frankdee20

I was not sure where to post this so i decided to post it here.
I really want to try the high dose biotin.
According to this thread / Biotin Restores Glucose Metabolism Even In Type I Diabetes / biotin is insulin substitute.

Maybe this way we can get the best of both worlds? High carb with lowish insulin?

I plan to measure my triglycerides tomorrow. Maybe biotin will also lower them since high insulin induces something called carbohydrate-induced hypertriglyceridemia and high triglycerides stop leptin from entering the brain making people overeat when plenty of calories are available.

Or maybe not with every meal since we need insulin for the thyroid hormone conversion..

Thoughts?

Let me know if Biotin helps you with Triglycerides because mine are 470...

Jessie

It's safe. I was taking 15-20mgs of biotin with every meal (40-60mgs total daily) to lower gluconeogenesis and increase glycogen synthesis. I ultimately stopped my experiment after a couple weeks despite having early success with it. It made me belch a horrible aftertaste. I suspect it was from the filler that was added, not the actual biotin. I used the biotin from PureBulk, which has mannitol added to it. MS patients took up to 300mgs of biotin daily for a year without any discernable side effects from it. So I would say the toxicity threshold is quite high.

OP
S

success23

It's safe. I was taking 15-20mgs of biotin with every meal (40-60mgs total daily) to lower gluconeogenesis and increase glycogen synthesis. I ultimately stopped my experiment after a couple weeks despite having early success with it. It made me belch a horrible aftertaste. I suspect it was from the filler that was added, not the actual biotin. I used the biotin from PureBulk, which has mannitol added to it. MS patients took up to 300mgs of biotin daily for a year without any discernable side effects from it. So I would say the toxicity threshold is quite high.

Nice! Any fat loss or decreased/increased hunger?

Jessie

Nice! Any fat loss or decreased/increased hunger?
I noticed I could go longer between meals without losing that warm relaxed state, which suggests I was able to maintain effective glucose metabolism longer.

OP
S

success23

So my triglycerides are way too high.
5,65 mmol/l.
They should be below 2,2 and ideally below 1,7.
I will try the biotin experiment next week.
15mg doses with my meals.

Last edited:

Jessie

I think biotin is actually suppose to lower lipids, inculding triglycerides. This is unsurprising considering biotin boosts/restores glucose metabolism. The restoration of glucose metabolism increases steroidogenesis, which lowers your lipids (provided you have enough vitamin A).

OP
S

success23

High insulin will also skyrocket triglycerides. If it is as good as insulin, my trigs should come down after some weeks.

Jessie

Yeah, at the very least it won't make the situation worse. It'll either help, or not have any effect at all. Also keep in mind that when you reduce the amount of fatty acids that's being liberated into the serum (i.e FFAs), this will naturally result in a marginal increase in triglycerides.

It's why people who eat a ketogenic diet notice a drop in their triglycerides. Instead of being packaged, the fatty acids are being liberated. In all likelihood it's much healthier to have higher triglycerides than higher FFAs. Particularly when you're under the influence of adequate thyroid hormone. Because those triglycerides will be used up at a fast rate, rather then just recirculated through the blood and liver (in the case of low thyroid).

OP
S

success23

Yeah. Thyroid is high.
FT3 - 3.310 pg/ml ( 1.880 - 3.180 ).

Main goal is fat loss.

mbachiu

Yeah. Thyroid is high.
FT3 - 3.310 pg/ml ( 1.880 - 3.180 ).

Main goal is fat loss.
Make sure you’re eating enough. It does lower free fatty acids, so when I’m doing high dose biotin I notice an increase in hunger, some nausea & some headaches when not fuelled properly.

OP
S

success23

So i recieved my biotin and took my first 20 mg dosage with a meal. I hope that it will help me lose some fat.

Starting weight 134,1 kg.

Frankdee20

Following, hope you recheck blood lipids. I’ve simply been eating more omega 3 fish like Tuna, Salmon, etc., because my doctor wanted me to takeFish Oil for this, but hell no

Inaut

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-05-pattern-hair-loss-due-gut.html

I'm just as guilty of this but I think we tend to think of things too simplistically sometimes. Also, on this side of the fence, we are always talking about reducing bacteria through antibiotic usage but I think this is why most of us don't see permanent improvement. Don't get me wrong, antibiotics have their place in restoring health but again, I think we aren't always see the big picture. Our guts will never be sterile, no matter how hard we try.... Sorry for detracting from the OP, just changing my thinking the last few weeks.

Vinny

So i recieved my biotin and took my first 20 mg dosage with a meal. I hope that it will help me lose some fat.

Starting weight 134,1 kg.
Following

OP
S

success23

So 2 weeks later my triglycerides are 6.1 mmol/l.
Even higher than the last time...

invictus

I'm using Swanson brand, 5 mg capsules, two with each meal. Gelatin capsule with rice flour & acacia gum. No burping nor other gastro issues. I'm pre-diabetic and got a glucose meter a few days ago. Trying to correlate blood glucose spikes with what I'm eating. Stopped wheat but much too early to determine if it's problematic relative to blood glucose level. Even though my fasting bg is slightly above normal, my 2 hour post prandial remains far below 140. My urologist, who prescribes testosterone, ordered extensive labs(including HbA1C) and we'll be reviewing them next week.

If you want to eat high carbs and keep insulin in check I would highly recommend looking into Berberine. It also has positive effects on triglycerides, amongst many, many other things!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals