1-2 Pints Ice Cream/day

ballomar

Well, in a pint of ice cream there's about 1000 calories. If you are a 6'8" bodybuilder who is on the gear, it might make sense...

michael94

When i first started peating i ate a lot of ice cream
the saturated fat lactose sugar eggs combo is very therapeutic if you're coming from high stress hormones
I say if theres no bad additives and you want to eat it go ahead until you dont want it anymore - i am not a doctor :)

Tarmander

When I came off the meat and veggie stress diet, I did lots of ice cream for like six months. Gained tons of weight but I consider it one of the best things I ever did for myself.

OP
L
When I came off the meat and veggie stress diet, I did lots of ice cream for like six months. Gained tons of weight but I consider it one of the best things I ever did for myself.

That's basically what I've been doing. Also was very stressed for pretty much my entire life. Why does Peat recommend a low-fat diet again? My body seems to want nothing but fat and sugar . . .

Tarmander

That's basically what I've been doing. Also was very stressed for pretty much my entire life. Why does Peat recommend a low-fat diet again? My body seems to want nothing but fat and sugar . . .

I do not necessarily think he recommends low fat, but he does definitely point out a lot of what happens with the Randle cycle and oxidation when getting a lot of fat. I would not worry about it too much if your body wants it. Learning to listen to it and trust it is going to be better then most advice you will read on here. Be prepared to gain weight though. A lot of times when we are in this stressed state we are in this balance between cortisol (catabolism) and insulin (anabolism). When we start eating lots of sugar and sat fat, those stress hormones plummet...so the hormones that were keeping us skinny and consuming our fat stores are gone. Hence you will gain weight while your metabolism sorts itself out.

answersfound

I do not necessarily think he recommends low fat, but he does definitely point out a lot of what happens with the Randle cycle and oxidation when getting a lot of fat. I would not worry about it too much if your body wants it. Learning to listen to it and trust it is going to be better then most advice you will read on here. Be prepared to gain weight though. A lot of times when we are in this stressed state we are in this balance between cortisol (catabolism) and insulin (anabolism). When we start eating lots of sugar and sat fat, those stress hormones plummet...so the hormones that were keeping us skinny and consuming our fat stores are gone. Hence you will gain weight while your metabolism sorts itself out.

Yep. Great post.

Nighteyes

Be prepared to gain weight though. A lot of times when we are in this stressed state we are in this balance between cortisol (catabolism) and insulin (anabolism).

I can difinitely attest to that! When I was very low carb I was skinny as a straw but cold and unhealthy.. Now though, subsisting basically on potatoes, oysters, OJ and eggs I have had massive gains of mainly muscle, although some fat as well (hard to avoid when eating this much starch in the dead of winter up north :P).. Hooray for saunas and infrared saunas (in that order).

answersfound

People often forget ray consumed over 5000 calories, I believe when hypothyroid. Then he cut back once his metabolism was stronger and more efficient. It's impossible to reach these high caloric requirements without a decent amount of saturated fat. Listen to your body always. If you crave ice cream, eat as much as your body wants.

Tarmander

Yep. Great post.

I can difinitely attest to that! When I was very low carb I was skinny as a straw but cold and unhealthy.. Now though, subsisting basically on potatoes, oysters, OJ and eggs I have had massive gains of mainly muscle, although some fat as well (hard to avoid when eating this much starch in the dead of winter up north :p).. Hooray for saunas and infrared saunas (in that order).

I remember I had to move like four months or so after I started doing a lot of Ice Cream and I was amazed at how strong I had become. I was like, Oy! I have muscles! Was one of those things that convinced me I was on the right path. Did the saunas help you not gain weight or something?

jyb

Be prepared to gain weight though. A lot of times when we are in this stressed state we are in this balance between cortisol (catabolism) and insulin (anabolism). When we start eating lots of sugar and sat fat, those stress hormones plummet...so the hormones that were keeping us skinny and consuming our fat stores are gone. Hence you will gain weight while your metabolism sorts itself out.

It may or may not happen. I thought it would be happening to me those years of aggressively consuming Haagen-Dasz before bedtime, which would have been ok to me as I could do with more weight, but nothing much happened. In theory I think it should have, since it has both carbs and fat in large quantities (insulin sending the fatty acids into storage - perhaps sucrose is digested and metabolised earlier therefore doesn't affect the oxidation of the slower to digest fatty acids?).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals