Cheese Versus Ice Cream

Johhny Tazzle

So im under the impression that cheese is hard to digest, and i dont like to consume cheese near bed, but would ice cream also be in the same boat. Would there be a reason ice cream is much easier to digest than cheese?

InChristAlone

So im under the impression that cheese is hard to digest, and i dont like to consume cheese near bed, but would ice cream also be in the same boat. Would there be a reason ice cream is much easier to digest than cheese?
Depends on the kind and how it is served. If you eat it cold, it's sitting around for about 30 mins while your stomach warms back up. I drink it melted. You also want good ice cream most are loaded with gums or carrageenan.

Lilac

Peat and Haidut say protein is best consumed earlier in the day, so that would favor ice cream over cheese at bedtime. If you love ice cream, your digestive juices might flow more readily and so it would be better digested.

At night, I go by what appeals to me at the moment. Sometimes I want a salty snack and go with cheese and pickles and a bit of carbs, like applesauce, to balance the protein. If I strongly crave ice cream, I have that.

OP
Johhny Tazzle

Johhny Tazzle

So its the fact that cheese has much more protein than ice cream making it harder to digest through the night?

I favor ice cream over cheese at bedtime. The sugar, I assumed, was ice cream’s ability to positively impact my sleep. I have tried cheese many times with my insomnia issues and it rarely helps. Perhaps the reason ice cream helps me also has to do with the fact that it is easier to digest? I hadn’t really thought about that at all prior to your post. Btw Aldi makes a great 5 ingredient vanilla ice cream without additives and it is far cheaper than Haagen Daz.

NFF

I favor ice cream over cheese at bedtime. The sugar, I assumed, was ice cream’s ability to positively impact my sleep. I have tried cheese many times with my insomnia issues and it rarely helps.
How much ice cream?

Waynish

I would say cheese. Ice cream is cold, which plummets digestion. It is also more damp than cheese. This is at least partially whywhy peo who are allergic to dairy have more problems with ice cream than with cheese.

jyb

So its the fact that cheese has much more protein than ice cream making it harder to digest through the night?

Protein needs a well functioning stomach to digest, and it can take hours even when at peak performance in the middle of the day. In comparison, ice cream or fat digests extremely easily, and I believe has much less side effects if it doesn't.

OP
Johhny Tazzle

Johhny Tazzle

Interesting jyb, maybe my aversion to eating before bed is because i ate protein amd it was hard to digest and thus caused bad sleep, i also thoight fat takes a long time to digest too though??

OP
Johhny Tazzle

Johhny Tazzle

Also do you think laying down flat in bed is a concern when eating right before say a fat and carb snack like ice cream

OP
Johhny Tazzle

Johhny Tazzle

If not its cool ill just put a fatty chaw in my mouth and call it a night..jkjk

Dr. B

i think cheese is harder to digest because it has more protein, and it is casein protein usually which is tougher to digest. ice cream is just cream, some milk, and sugar and flavor so it should digest easier.
if cheese is made using enzymes instead of animal rennet it can also cause inflammation. additionally the longer its aged for the more histamine it could have. some people apparently avoid more aged cheeses due to histamine

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals