Hazelnut Ice-cream

Beebop

I have an idea to make hazelnut ice cream - it's one of my favourite flavours.

To remove PUFAs I would cook the nuts, then strain the juice and skim of all traces of fat.
This would leave some kind of protein milk (hopefully a tasty one).

Would this milk still be full of nut toxins and best avoided, OR is this a brilliant way of making tasty ice cream?

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Jenn

If you have a hankering for Hazelnuts, roast, blend remove excess fat, add coconut oil to replace fat and enjoy as normal. Keep it at 50% of more saturated fat and you will be protected from damage from the PUFAs. The starch is another issue, make sure to chew. ;)

I would not call it a healing food. If you have inflammation issues, I would keep it to a minimum.
Enjoy! Stressing over your food can be as damaging as the food.

mimi

Maybe you have access to a good brand of hazelnut coffee syrup. I have a bottle standing around here – it is very sweet and tastes like real roasted hazelnuts. ;)
The ingredient list is: sugar, water, glucose, natural flavoring, caramel sugar syrup.
Of course, the stuff contains some "natural" flavoring, but I don't think it's too damaging; but I don't know for sure. I just think it's much less of a hassle and the quality of the taste itself is pretty satisfactory. Just a suggestion. :)
Cheers!

Dutchie

Jenn said:
If you have a hankering for Hazelnuts, roast, blend remove excess fat, add coconut oil to replace fat and enjoy as normal. Keep it at 50% of more saturated fat and you will be protected from damage from the PUFAs. The starch is another issue, make sure to chew. ;)

I would not call it a healing food. If you have inflammation issues, I would keep it to a minimum.
Enjoy! Stressing over your food can be as damaging as the food.

That's interesting,I didn't know you could remove fat from nuts! How do you do it?
Would that also work for raw Macademias?(they were the only nuts I ever liked...and they're apparently starchless)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals