Eye Issues When Looking At Screens

GorillaHead

So i typically all my life wear glasses and i have astigmatism.

i am 27 and lately ive noticed my eyesight without my glasses has deteriorated compared to before.

I mainly symptomatic when i am looking at phone screens or tv. Its like my eye has a harder time adjusting to light emitting sources. Outside no real issue.

i wonder if a supplement thats doing that or something else.

Anything you guys recommend that might help?

Maybe i lowered my sertonin too much?

opethfeldt

Have you tried using a blue light filter? It helps reduce eye strain for me if I'm stuck looking at screens for a long time.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Have you tried using a blue light filter? It helps reduce eye strain for me if I'm stuck looking at screens for a long time.

i have not. Maybe thats it. Maybe i need to flash some red light at my eyes too?

opethfeldt

i have not. Maybe thats it. Maybe i need to flash some red light at my eyes too?
I don't think that's needed though it wouldn't hurt. I'd make sure you're using screens in well lit rooms, though. That exacerbates the problem for me. I should mention that I'm 29 and also have an astigmatism.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I don't think that's needed though it wouldn't hurt. I'd make sure you're using screens in well lit rooms, though. That exacerbates the problem for me. I should mention that I'm 29 and also have an astigmatism.
Have you thought about ever doing lasik?

The side effects have been a serious turn off for me

boris

f.lux app is a must when working on screens.

flux-accion.png

I use it at 1900K but you can tone it down to 1200K (at that point certain obvious values dissapear).
Very pleasant.

Whenever I need accurate colors, I turn it off and notice how harsh the standard screen is, my eyes flinch immediately even though it is adjusted to show warm colors.

Last edited:

opethfeldt

Have you thought about ever doing lasik?

The side effects have been a serious turn off for me
I haven't actually looked into it. I'm far from rich so the cost would likely be prohibitive. My vision is fairly poor. I'm not sure if I'm even a candidate, though I'm sure lasik technology has improved since I last looked into it. I don't actually find wearing glasses to be all that annoying. I think even if the cost weren't an issue, taking a risk on my eyesight wouldn't be something I'd be willing to do.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals