WEARING BLACK CLOTHING and looking at BLACK SCREENS has a negative effect on your metabolism, Raises Adrenaline and makes people Aggressive

Old Irenaeus

It's true, I'm always attracted to men wearing vibrant blue, even navy. Never understood why til now. Interesting thread!

Of course baseball uniforms have always been sexy regardless of their color 😆
That's true. And when the military guys want to look good they wear their dress BLUES.

miquelangeles

So you LITERALLY just proved my point man

Wearing a Red shirt means that RED LIGHT will go through the shirt onto you
Yes, because fabrics are not fully opaque. The thicker the fabric is the more opaque it will be. So you get a lot more red light if the garment is in direct skin contact, but even if it's not, you still get red light reflected back from the garment to your arms, face, eyes.
This type of red light therapy has been used for at least 1000 years in modern history, especially for small pox treatment. Prince Edward the 1st was treated like this and was not only cured but he also didn't have any marks left. His doctor ordered him to be wrapped in red cloth and that his bed and all furniture be of bright red color. The practice remained common throughout the world, even my parents told me that when they were kids they were given red toys, cloths and blankets during small pox. It is the blue and UV rays that cause suppuration and if one stays in darkness during small pox these never occur. And red light was found to accelerate healing.

brightside

Eh. People have been miraculously cured with sugar water aka, placebo. You cannot easily differentiate between the supposed red light from clothing, or just the mental trickery of placebo. Red light therapy usually takes a substantial amount of joules for a therapeutic effect.

A good chunk of the light is absorbed by clothing because it's a fabric. Even the quality photography gels that are made for changing colors are not that efficient. You can easily lose up to 50% power, and that's with transparent, specially made films. Clothes/fabrics block the majority of light leaving a tiny fraction to go through the holes, unaffected. Now, the light that goes through is often white, and only a chunk of that goes through is the light reflected off of the fabric and in the red wavelengths. Just look down your shirt, it's dark.. Lol

The only exception is, outside, where you have an massive amount of energy hitting you. However, good luck separating the beneficial effects of the sun and the supposed red light benefits. Even then, going outside in early morning, or sunset will probably provide you much more red light than a shirt.

The idea of a black shirt inducing hypometabolism is silly, it's the same as sleeping in a dark room, although that's arguably much more stressful because of the total darkness. I would worry more about the fabric, and the benefits of wearing a shirt you feel good in.

miquelangeles

You're spending a lot of energy to combat JamesGatz' post and trying to convince us that it doesn't work based only on assumptions or analogies with things you've read about, but instead you could buy the same t-shirt in 7 different colors and wear them on different days of the week. Then report back about your experience and how this has affected your brainwaves, your ANS, emotions and hormonal activity. You'll need only a little bit of self awareness.

brightside

There's a chunk of people here that approach the posts here as, "truth until proven false". That's not the correct way to go about things and only adds muddiness to the already complex conversation. James' posts stand out the most in this way, and an alarming amount of people fall for it without even thinking about it for a second. Even a little bit of critical thinking is enough.

The quote at the top of this forum is, "Perceive, Think, Act", not "Skip the thinking, and act". The blatant rejection of science is extra sad. This forum basically saved my life, and it's only because of Ray's methodical approach towards health, not the impulsive and attention seeking nonsense that is the majority of the popular posts here. Why is a little bit of critical thinking and skepticism too much to ask for, if anything, it refines the ideas into something that's at least somewhat closer to the "truth".

You're a bit too confident in the subjective.. Can you seriously confirm that a T shirt affects you more than, say, how much sleep you had, what you ate, who you talked to, or what supplements you took (and somehow separate placebo from it)? Can you even provide an explanation for the effects besides "red light"? It's the same thing I mentioned in the first paragraph, you believe in the effects first, then you build a theory to fit it. That's not how science works...

You should instead calculate how much lumens pass through a shirt, and how much of those are shifted into the red spectrum. Then, the joules could be calculated and we could get a realistic understanding of the effects of a shirt.

Dutchie

Interesting, I've worn a lot of red clothing and been around red interiors for years.
To this day I feel a strong dislike for the color red, it has an aggressive effect on me (lol....like a bull to a red cloth).
Whereas when I wear blue clothes, I feel more chilled and relaxed (maybe bc it's generally considered as the color of water/the sea....and water is calming).

I’ve been doing a lot of experimentation with the color black lately with interesting results.

In One study I looked at, participants had dopamine rise when exposed to Red, Blue, Green on a TV screen but had adrenaline rise when exposed to a black screen.

I personally believe that Light Changes color based on the color of the cloth you are wearing (i.e. if you wear a Blue Shirt you'll get Blue Light Exposure, etc.)

Its worth noting that 66% of woman voted black as the ‘most attractive color’ in clothing seen on a man, but I think it might be for the wrong reasons, I think wearing the color black or looking at a black screen increases testosterone but also adrenaline and makes the participant more aggressive and edgy and hypometabolic.

Its also worth noting that Labradors with Black Fur are also rated as more aggressive than Golden Labradors

View attachment 50247

Another study states that sports teams that wear black uniforms commit the most penalties and that people are MORE LIKELY to root against a team wearing black:

View attachment 50248

I have a theory that an animal's fur or Person's hair/skin color actually influences the way Light enters the body but that is for another thread (a little bit like a colored filter on a light bulb)

If you ALWAYS wear black clothing and seem to strongly intimidate people, I would be wary of this as I think TOO MUCH black clothing can also make you aggressive and on-edge but it does make you more sexually attractive than other colors because it increases testosterone at the expense of your health. It also makes you look like more of an "authority figure" and one of the reasons why Police wear darker colors for Intimidation purposes.

I was using a black screen on this forum for awhile and I think it contributed to me being more hostile and on-edge, now I’m switching to the normal forum colors to see what happens.

I would recommend an experiment to see for yourself: change your phones settings to the ‘Dark Theme’ and note how aggressive and hypometabolic you become, then switch back to the ‘Light Theme’ and examine the difference, Ultimately I think Light Themes are a lot healthier

View attachment 50246

I think this is one of the reasons why you’ll generally see the most aggression in people on websites where the background is black, but anyway I’m making my own clothes now and I generally wear lighter clothes when at home/rest or meeting people in friendly situations, but if you are in a situation where you need to be more “defensive” like out with a girl or something, I think darker and black clothing can come in handy.

Its worth noting that the color black has an association with Evil and Death in many cultures
What a great post. Do you think there’s a “Peaty” colour? One that can improve people’s perception of you without resorting to intimidation? What about white?

If there’s truth to this then it could explain a phenomenon such as this:

View: https://youtu.be/QRZPw-9sJtQ

miquelangeles

James actually cited a few studies, he didn't make this up.
"Perceive, Think, Act" is exactly what James is doing and encouraging everyone to do - read, experiment, become aware and conscious of something and make a conclusion yourself.
There is no "blatant rejection of science". These things are being studied at the highest possible levels and the effects have little to do with calculating joules, lumens or red light therapy. Light induces alterations in elementary particle spin generating particular spin fields which carry information and they are able to change the overall spin polarization of electrons in other substances (see Gilbert Lin or Gerald Polack structured water for example, but this is not limited to water). These fields can be caused both by visible and invisible electromagnetic radiation including light and everything living and non-living respond to it. For example, metals behave differently during the day vs during the night and they are also influenced by the energy of other planets as well. There is a new science of biophotons, spin fields and particle physics which describes all the mechanisms of life and consciousness, including the placebo effect that you mentioned.

There's a chunk of people here that approach the posts here as, "truth until proven false". That's not the correct way to go about things and only adds muddiness to the already complex conversation. James' posts stand out the most in this way, and an alarming amount of people fall for it without even thinking about it for a second. Even a little bit of critical thinking is enough.

The quote at the top of this forum is, "Perceive, Think, Act", not "Skip the thinking, and act". The blatant rejection of science is extra sad. This forum basically saved my life, and it's only because of Ray's methodical approach towards health, not the impulsive and attention seeking nonsense that is the majority of the popular posts here. Why is a little bit of critical thinking and skepticism too much to ask for, if anything, it refines the ideas into something that's at least somewhat closer to the "truth".

You're a bit too confident in the subjective.. Can you seriously confirm that a T shirt affects you more than, say, how much sleep you had, what you ate, who you talked to, or what supplements you took (and somehow separate placebo from it)? Can you even provide an explanation for the effects besides "red light"? It's the same thing I mentioned in the first paragraph, you believe in the effects first, then you build a theory to fit it. That's not how science works...

You should instead calculate how much lumens pass through a shirt, and how much of those are shifted into the red spectrum. Then, the joules could be calculated and we could get a realistic understanding of the effects of a shirt.
I live in London which is full of hyperaggressive people. I can say with confidence that what I wear has a large impact on how people treat me.

miquelangeles

You're a bit too confident in the subjective.. Can you seriously confirm that a T shirt affects you more than, say, how much sleep you had, what you ate, who you talked to, or what supplements you took (and somehow separate placebo from it)?
Yes. Not "more" than those things, because they are all separate, but it does have a very profound effect.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Perhaps apply some Ray Peat critical thinking to what you are being fed here.
So wait, when I speak to you on the forum you start CRYING to the admins and block me?

But then you come to MY THREAD and talk to people about all the logical content I'm posting?

ALRIGHT BIRDIE, SKEDADDLE NOW

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

What a great post. Do you think there’s a “Peaty” colour? One that can improve people’s perception of you without resorting to intimidation? What about white?
Yea, so I think as a general rule:

Wearing Darker colors earns you "more respect", dominant and seen as an authority figure and more sexualized, but this is not neccessarily a good thing for example:

Wearing Polyester also makes you aggressive and dominant

I view this state as a "defense mechanism", if someone is low on energy, they will seek to drain energy from other people so being unprovoked aggressive/dominant with people, they are "on edge" and have a "chip on their shoulder", looking for a fight so to speak

If you wear Lighter Clothing, you will generate more energy and be more welcoming and become a genuinely nice person, however you lose this "respect" and "dominant" factor that exists with darker clothing because you become moreso like a kid again - curious, communicative, exploratory, so hypometabolic people may be more inclined to "try you" so to speak

You're not weaker in this state though, you're just "not looking for a fight", wearing Lighter clothing will still have you in a state you can defend yourself against malicious people, but you are not looking to be this way naturally

You can still gain "respect", but you're not really initially seen as "authority figure" in this state, and since you are generating more energy, low energy people will seek to drain that energy from you

For example:

Animals in the wild act more like children, they do not become aggressive unless they are hunting or being hunted (stress state) this is where they become dominant/aggressive

Even Males of an animal species don't become aggressive until challenged by another male or in the presence of an intruder. They still moreso walk around relaxed and in a child-like state.

If you want both, you can always mix clothing like White Shirt with Black Pants but wearing black does have use cases.

If you're walking with your girlfriend in a neighborhood with thugs at Night, black becomes more useful to scare away/intimidate malicious people

However, in a more social setting with your friends or meeting new people, Lighter clothing makes you more approachable and have better communication in a scenario like this

I tend to like wearing moreso "Natural" tones of clothing so Light Tan Color or sometimes I'll do Dark Brown too, but when I'm outside and have to deal with hypometabolic people I do tend to wear some black as a protective mechanism, At home/rest I definitely think people should not be wearing any Dark colors like Black

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals