Breathing And Adrenaline Advice Needed

Lenny

Hello people,

I was hoping somebody could help me out here. Im incorporating more and more RayPeat stuff into my life and most things are going pretty well. Although I'm making improvements in my health, one major issue at the moment remains. It that is that I'm high on adrenaline most of the time and therefore ( I think) having trouble deep breathing. Once every two days or so, I manage to control my breath for about 20 mins (by lots of meditation and positive thinking), feeling MUCH better and relaxed. A while a go I couldn't do this at all and i'd be high on adrenaline all day (for maybe a year or twoo straight!)

This has been going on in higher volume since my burnout, which happened one year a go. But I know that this has been a problem for me for about 6 years, only less noticeable and unconsciously. I'm asking for help because i'd like to know if somebody has experience or knowledge about this, and could point me into the right direction as doing research/looking at a computer screen alone, is really exhausting for me (have very limited energy to spent on this each day). I have learned to handle this better and I'm making a lot if improvements. Looking to take it to the next level.

About me:

male
Live in europe, Netherlands
Full time recovering from burn-out
Low bodyfat, no trouble building muscle

Symptoms:

-Short of breath, especialy when I breathe out.
-Sometimes not breathing at all when im not focussing on it.
- Feeling tense and exited all day. In fight or flight mode most of the time.
- vision became blurry
- Tension on eyes
- Mussle twitches
- hairloss, started from the moment this state of exitement started.
- White urine, almost always
- Sounds and lights and other incentives are hard to deal with.
- Low temp in the morning, but high (98.8 - 99) after breakfast.
- Having trouble falling asleep, although it is getting better. I know I dont breath correct in my sleep and I think this is causing my low temp in the morning. I always wake up short of breath but more relaxed when I went to sleep.
-stressed during nighttime (after 5 pm)

Things im doing now:

-RayPeat diet with liver, oysters, skim meat, eggs, milk (which I experiment witch because not sure if im tollerant to proteints), salt, lots of white sugar, orrange juice, potatoe juice, ripe fruit and lots of bonebroth.
-Vitamine D3/k2 Thorne research
-I reset my microbiome with charcoal, carrots and coffee enema a few days a go (feels good). Currently taking probiotics to build microbiome. If this rebuilding makes me more stressed I will take antibiotics.
- B3 Health natura
- aspirin (Which I stopped because I feel like this is making me urinate a lot. Ray said that things that iritates the gut can make you urinate frequently. When I stopped taking aspirin I urinate less, before like every 30 mins)
-positive thinking and expression of creativity. Surrounding me with positive people.
- Have tried Pregnenolone but had no effect, only in the first few days.
- I have DHEA laying around. not tried it yet.
-Bag breathing
-Red light

Things I was looking to do next (need advise here)

-Methylene blue
-magnesium
- b1
- Blood donation

I hope this is enough info, let me know what you think I can do.
Much appreciated and have a good one !

-Lenny

Last edited:

nickvdg

I have the same Lenny. Coincidentally I am from the Netherlands too :)
I am 27 and I have been dealing with these anxiety/adrenalin rushes too and when I start to focus on my breath, it feels like I have to swallow every time I breathe out and I always want to gasp for air on my inhalation. since a couple of days it seems for me that exercise is a very good way to go. for me it seems that these adrenalin rushes are an in/output problem. when my energy is topped off (liver/muscle glycogen completely full) and I feed, it seems to signal my body to 'get the **** moving because you have too much energy now you have to get rid off'. I am figuring out what type of breathing is best in these situations. I think you will have to figure out for yourself, but for me, I use high intensity mouth breathing (lifting/sprinting) exercises when it comes up acutely and I do nasal breathing (running, jump ropes) when I know I could use some exercise, but don't have a huge adrenalin rush at that moment.
at first I thought it was a sodium/fluid problem. it sometimes became less as soon as I started drinking some water. but sometimes this actually makes me very cold. the salt seems to have a big effect too on various things in my body (especially body temp).
Don't try to be too restrictive with the diet. focus more on getting all micronutrients in rather than avoiding a lot of stuff (which can mentally be pretty tough and maybe not worth the stress). i.m.o. There are more micronutrients we might be deficient in than we think. so focus more on food quality, rather than getting in as much 'peaty foods' as possible (OJ, milk or coffee)

Such_Umami

Hi Lenny,

When I switched to RP inspired nutrition, I noticed I had an increase in breath rate. This I believe was down to more thyroid hormone being produced which upped the c02 levels in my blood. The problem was that it hurt my sleep. I started taking a herbal thyroid glycerin from Cellular Botanicals. After doing this, I noticed my breath was not nearly as harsh. I recommend you try it.

Also, I believe it's critically important to consciously reduce your breathing. Not just in your meditation but in everyday life. I think this is the only way to truly become relaxed. Nutrition is just supporting it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Buteyko.

lampofred

I think the issue is high prostaglandins causing brain overstimulation due to PUFA accumulation, poor magnesium retention, and low vitamin D.

Increasing calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D intake and keeping phosphate and iron low, avoiding starch (to improve gut health and to improve magnesium retention), getting more protein, and taking aspirin/coffee to increase magnesium retention and reduce prostaglandin production should all help.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

Thank you all for responding. Im going to look into all of the tips.

I have the same Lenny. Coincidentally I am from the Netherlands too :)
I am 27 and I have been dealing with these anxiety/adrenalin rushes too and when I start to focus on my breath, it feels like I have to swallow every time I breathe out and I always want to gasp for air on my inhalation. since a couple of days it seems for me that exercise is a very good way to go. for me it seems that these adrenalin rushes are an in/output problem. when my energy is topped off (liver/muscle glycogen completely full) and I feed, it seems to signal my body to 'get the **** moving because you have too much energy now you have to get rid off'. I am figuring out what type of breathing is best in these situations. I think you will have to figure out for yourself, but for me, I use high intensity mouth breathing (lifting/sprinting) exercises when it comes up acutely and I do nasal breathing (running, jump ropes) when I know I could use some exercise, but don't have a huge adrenalin rush at that moment.
at first I thought it was a sodium/fluid problem. it sometimes became less as soon as I started drinking some water. but sometimes this actually makes me very cold. the salt seems to have a big effect too on various things in my body (especially body temp).
Don't try to be too restrictive with the diet. focus more on getting all micronutrients in rather than avoiding a lot of stuff (which can mentally be pretty tough and maybe not worth the stress). i.m.o. There are more micronutrients we might be deficient in than we think. so focus more on food quality, rather than getting in as much 'peaty foods' as possible (OJ, milk or coffee)

How nice to meet a fellow dutchy! If you want, dm me so we can unite :)

Hi Lenny,

When I switched to RP inspired nutrition, I noticed I had an increase in breath rate. This I believe was down to more thyroid hormone being produced which upped the c02 levels in my blood. The problem was that it hurt my sleep. I started taking a herbal thyroid glycerin from Cellular Botanicals. After doing this, I noticed my breath was not nearly as harsh. I recommend you try it.

Also, I believe it's critically important to consciously reduce your breathing. Not just in your meditation but in everyday life. I think this is the only way to truly become relaxed. Nutrition is just supporting it.

Hi, yes I agree. Iv'e been mindfully controlling, slowing down my breath for 2 weeks and its getting a bit better each day.

Read much good about this on the forum. Will try it out sometime.

I think the issue is high prostaglandins causing brain overstimulation due to PUFA accumulation, poor magnesium retention, and low vitamin D.

Increasing calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D intake and keeping phosphate and iron low, avoiding starch (to improve gut health and to improve magnesium retention), getting more protein, and taking aspirin/coffee to increase magnesium retention and reduce prostaglandin production should all help.

I think so too. im going down this route soon. Il post if it works, thank you.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Read much good about this on the forum. Will try it out sometime.
It's powerful. You can have everything right, but if your breathing is wrong, it can literally cancel out all the good.

It's powerful. You can have everything right, but if your breathing is wrong, it can literally cancel out all the good.

pretty much it. I cured terrible fatal disease with Buteyko, became a coach and have helped a boatload of people (I no longer coach).

Make sure you nose breathe. At all times. That is the #1 commandment.

If you can walk and exhale and then hold the exhaled breath, then do a quick sniff of air through your nose...establish a rhythm. And build up air hunger and maintain it for 10 or 15 minutes, that is a terrific exercise.

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water between meals a few times a day can help. So can 1g of thiamine twice a day for maybe 4 days, then tapering to 1.5g and then 1g after a few weeks. Those all really help build up CO2 in the body and can help you a lot.

OP
Lenny

Lenny

pretty much it. I cured terrible fatal disease with Buteyko, became a coach and have helped a boatload of people (I no longer coach).

Make sure you nose breathe. At all times. That is the #1 commandment.

If you can walk and exhale and then hold the exhaled breath, then do a quick sniff of air through your nose...establish a rhythm. And build up air hunger and maintain it for 10 or 15 minutes, that is a terrific exercise.

1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water between meals a few times a day can help. So can 1g of thiamine twice a day for maybe 4 days, then tapering to 1.5g and then 1g after a few weeks. Those all really help build up CO2 in the body and can help you a lot.
I have been doing the exersice you recomended and it is helping. Thank you for the tip. Can I ask you which Thiamine supplement you use?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals