Antibiotic Use To Sterilise Small Intestine

BrianF

For the last three years I have suffered from a strange allergic-type reaction to dairy products. My hands become itchy, the skin bubbles at points and greasy while at other areas becomes very dry and cracks open almost like an eczema reaction. Its very irritating and difficult at times. Naturally I would like to consume dairy once again with no issues, I love it in all forms and consumed without problems my entire life. But something changed . In any case its impractical to totally avoid it. I have been advised by some learned people in the Peatosphere that this is likely the cause of some gut nasties and is an endotoxic reaction. I've resisted using antibiotics until now since I mistrust the use of them and believe an totally unnecessary course (Idiot Doctor) perhaps caused this in the first place. Bur now Im fed up with this BS itching or avoidance and I'm willing to experiment.

I believe the most efficient way to attack this would be a course of Rifaximin or similar for a week or two to sterilise the small intestine and thats probably what Im going to do. If anyone wishes to offer advice on this then I'd be grateful and will consider it before I make my final decision.

Thanks in advance!

Travis

My guess is that antibiotics wont do anything. My best hypothesis is that the androgens are working on the nuclear androgen receptors of the skin; they have been shown to do this is countless studies. Invariably, they increase oil production on the skin with a concomitant increase in the ratio of wax esters to fatty acids. This raises the melting point of the excreted oils, and this is called a whitehead.

The action of androgens on the cellular AR receptor perfectly explains all of the epidemiological observations as well, with acne seen both in dairy users and bodybuilders—who habitually-consume androgenic steroids.

You might say: 'that it doesn't happen to all people who consume dairy,' and then ask why this is so. If you had done that I would say that the serum sex hormone-binding globulin varies among people, both in free binding sites and in number.

The dryness is difficult to explain, but some cells metabolize enzymes faster—and differently. For example: The NADH/NAD⁺ ratio—or the redox balance—determines how much cortisol is produced in skin cells from cortisone. The enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I works in both directions: it will both hydrogenate cortisone to cortisol, and it will also dehydrogenate cortisol into cortisone. The enzyme doesn't seem to particularly care, and is driven by the NADH/NAD⁺ ratio. It can only hydrogenate cortisone with NADH, to produce cortisol. After all, the hydrogens must come from somewhere. The converse is also true, as the hydrogen-accepting NAD⁺ is necessary for the back reaction, the cortisol ⟶ cortisone conversion.

Androstenedione is found in dairy, and is only two hydrogens away from testosterone. The enzyme that makes this conversion, 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, is also an NADH/NAD⁺ enzyme. The simple changes in redox balance appear to be capable of determining whether or not a weak androgen is converted into a highly-active one.

But of course it could always be something else.

Last edited:

Broken man

Try any laxative like cascara sagrada, if you will have slime in your stool, its sign of food allergy.

Constatine

My guess is that antibiotics wont do anything. My best hypothesis is that the androgens are working on the nuclear androgen receptors of the skin; they have been shown to do this is countless studies. Invariably, they increase oil production on the skin with a concomitant increase in the ratio of wax esters to fatty acids. This raises the melting point of the excreted oils, and this is called a whitehead.

The action of androgens on the cellular AR receptor perfectly explains all of the epidemiological observations as well, with acne seen both in dairy users and bodybuilders—who habitually-consume androgenic steroids.

You might say: 'that it doesn't happen to all people who consume dairy,' and then ask why this is so. If you had done that I would say that the serum sex hormone-binding globulin varies among people, both in free binding sites and in number.

The dryness is difficult to explain, but some cells metabolize enzymes faster—and differently. For example: The NADH/NAD⁺ ratio—or the redox balance—determines how much cortisol is produced in skin cells from cortisone. The enzyme 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type I works in both directions: it will both hydrogenate cortisone to cortisol, and it will also dehydrogenate cortisol into cortisone. The enzyme doesn't seem to particularly care, and is driven by the NADH/NAD⁺ ratio. It can only hydrogenate cortisone with NADH, to produce cortisol. After all, the hydrogens must come from somewhere. The converse is also true, as the hydrogen-accepting NAD⁺ is necessary for the back reaction, the cortisol ⟶ cortisone conversion.

Androstenedione is found in dairy, and is only two hydrogens away from testosterone. The enzyme that makes this conversion, 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, is also an NADH/NAD⁺ enzyme. The simple changes in redox balance appear to be capable of determining whether or not a weak androgen is converted into a highly-active one.

But of course it could always be something else.
I think it is more complicated than that. Zinc and vitamin A can reduce acne and they influence the androgen receptor. Zinc might increase androgen receptor binding and retinoids seem to compete with or reduce the activity of the androgen receptor (or balance). I don't think androgens by themselves create acne. I think its when the AR receptor is improperly regulated by a deficiency in other substances. Just a guess though.

Constatine

For the last three years I have suffered from a strange allergic-type reaction to dairy products. My hands become itchy, the skin bubbles at points and greasy while at other areas becomes very dry and cracks open almost like an eczema reaction. Its very irritating and difficult at times. Naturally I would like to consume dairy once again with no issues, I love it in all forms and consumed without problems my entire life. But something changed . In any case its impractical to totally avoid it. I have been advised by some learned people in the Peatosphere that this is likely the cause of some gut nasties and is an endotoxic reaction. I've resisted using antibiotics until now since I mistrust the use of them and believe an totally unnecessary course (Idiot Doctor) perhaps caused this in the first place. Bur now Im fed up with this BS itching or avoidance and I'm willing to experiment.

I believe the most efficient way to attack this would be a course of Rifaximin or similar for a week or two to sterilise the small intestine and thats probably what Im going to do. If anyone wishes to offer advice on this then I'd be grateful and will consider it before I make my final decision.

Thanks in advance!
I would stay away from antibiotics. They seem to create more problems than they fix, and they open the door to gut dysbiosis.

OP
B

BrianF

Ok so from this site im getting feedback that B2 (riboflavin) will regulate the gut flora in a beneficial way. This is an option im willing to try because i am worried about antibiotics as im sure my condition is a side effect of dysbiosis and i fear it may worsen or create new issues.

Question is, how does it work but more importantly how to dose and how long should i realistically trial it?

Broken man

I have coeliac/celiac disease and I have slime in my stool when I am feeling very bad and have bad digestion. When I am feeling good, I dont have it. I can say that I had big problem with bowel movement so I started with cascara and found that my stool was full of slime and other garbage. I am taking cascara almost everyday and I am fine now.

jitsmonkey

prescription antibiotics were the best thing that ever happened to my 30 years of gut misery.
I know people personally who've used them daily for YEARS with great benefit and the
only way you'd get them to stop would be to peel them from their cold dead hands.

don't let anyone scare you away from using them.
don't be cavalier with their use.
Results could go either way.
This is likely good advice for any drug/med/treatment you test.

churchmouth

prescription antibiotics were the best thing that ever happened to my 30 years of gut misery.
I know people personally who've used them daily for YEARS with great benefit and the
only way you'd get them to stop would be to peel them from their cold dead hands.

Which antibiotics do you like for resolving your gut issues?

jitsmonkey

I've used minocycline and doxycycline.
I would have tested penicillin just never got around to it.

Constatine

How long did you use them?

EIRE24

I've used minocycline and doxycycline.
I would have tested penicillin just never got around to it.
Did you have to continuously use the antibiotics to relieve the gut misery? What other benefits did you notice? Apart from the antibiotics did anything else work to help your gut in any positive manner?

jitsmonkey

I used them for several weeks/months.
And I continue to use them periodically as needed.
they improved everything mood, pulse/temp, energy, digestion, etc...
classic example of "if its what you need its what you need"
everything Ray discusses helped to a degree at different times along the way.
My point in posting wasn't to portray abx as the best thing ever for everyone
I posted to counter the common fear of them. If its what you need its what you need.

Broken man

Antibiotics will not improve your digestion because if you will have low stomach acid, food will not be digested properly so bacteria will have good environment and you will have problems.

OP
B

BrianF

I think my stomach acid will be fine now, though i suspect it wasnt before peating. This problem predates discovering Peat. In many ways, that and health issues of people close to me at that time brought me here.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals