Oligosaccharides In Carrots Inhibit Binding Of Enterobacteria To The Intestinal Mucosa

stargazer1111

"In fermentation dysbiosis, by contrast, starch and soluble fiber may exacerbate the abnormal gut ecology(3,33). When the upper small bowel is involved, simple sugars are also contra-indicated. A diet free of cereal grains and added sugar is generally the most helpful. Fruit, fat and starchy vegetables are tolerated to variable degree in differ- ent cases. Oligosaccharides found in some vegetables, carrots in par- ticular, inhibit the binding of enterobacteria to the intestinal mucosa. Carrot juice and concentrated carrot oligosaccharides have been used in Europe for bacterial diarrhea for almost a century(53). BiotherapiesÑAdministration of bacteria indigenous to the healthy human colon can reverse relapsing Clostridium difficile infection(54). Lactobacillus administration has long been used in an attempt to im- prove gut microbial ecology. Regular ingestion of acidophilus milk lowers stool concentrations of urease-positive organisms and of bacte- rial enzymes which may contribute to carcinogenesis(55). Fermented dairy products and Iyophilized Lactobacillus preparations have been shown to be useful in treating and preventing salmonellosis, shig- ellosis, antibiotic-induced diarrhea and in inhibiting tumor growth (56). Problems with Lactobacilli include the failure of organisms to adhere to the intestinal mucosa or to survive damage from gastric acid and bile. The acidophilus sweepstakes has led to the search for newer and better strains for medical uses(57,58)."

http://www.ei-resource.org/articles...testinal-dysbiosis-and-the-causes-of-disease/

I haven't seen Ray mention this mechanism specifically. But, it seems to corroborate what Ray thinks about the carrot salad.

Dobbler

"When the upper small bowel is involved, simple sugars are also contra-indicated." So every source of sugar is illegal to eat? Almost next sentence says that fruit and starch are allowed? I dont get it.

OP
S

stargazer1111

"When the upper small bowel is involved, simple sugars are also contra-indicated." So every source of sugar is illegal to eat? Almost next sentence says that fruit and starch are allowed? I dont get it.

I only cited the source for its information on carrots. The carrot information is actually sourced from other sources that they cite. I think they are incorrect about the sugars.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals