Zinc Causing Extreme Reactions. Help

Perry Staltic

The links don't work but just from looking at it without opening it i can see that the depletion just can't be expected and it is a general ideology.

Drugs that Deplete: Copper​

Aluminum, Calcium, and Magnesium-Containing Preparations
  • Aluminum Hydroxide and Magnesium Hydroxide
  • Calcium Carbonate
  • Calcium Carbonate and Magnesium Hydroxide

Antacids
Anticonvulsant Medications
Antiretroviral Medications

Drugs that Deplete: Zinc​

• Calcium Carbonate

Antacids
Anti-inflammatory Medications
Birth Control Medications Cardiovascular Medications
Diuretics
Ulcer Medications

Razvan

Also found manganese much more protective and usefull than zinc,thus their similarities in depleting copper.

Razvan

Drugs that Deplete: Copper​

• Calcium Carbonate

Antacids

Drugs that Deplete: Zinc​

• Calcium Carbonate

Antacids
Anti-inflammatory Medications
Birth Control Medications Cardiovascular Medications
Diuretics
Ulcer Medications
Thanks, every drug mentioned should highly be avoided anyway.

Perry Staltic

Also found manganese much more protective and usefull than zinc,thus their similarities in depleting copper.

Zinc has nowhere near the history of causing neurological problems as manganese has. Research manganese madness, manganese poisoning.

Dr. B

Back in 2017, I induced a copper deficiency from several months of high zinc supplementation. I discovered the copper deficiency this year and began copper supplementation. My copper levels are back in normal range. The copper supplement has helped tremendously with my anxiety, muscle twitching, histamine issues, and joint pain. However, my zinc recently came back somewhat low on blood tests. Every time I try to take any zinc, I’m experiencing terrible anxiety/panic and a bizarre feeling of losing my mind. I can’t even tolerate 12.5 mg of zinc. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
Highly unlikely zinc itself is causing anxiety/panic, it is often taken to get rid of those by reducing conversion of dopamine to noradrenaline (which uses copper), blocking glutamate, etc. Keep in mind high amounts of zinc supplementation also messes with iron. So if you were taking lots of copper for I assume a year and not taking iron as well (which may have been affected by zinc) you could be having too much copper compared to iron.

You are better off trying to get zinc from beef, good quality cheese like gouda, and oysters. Supplements of zinc work alone while food sources have other nutrients to synergize. It does not make sense in my book to be taking high dose zinc, then taking copper to fix a supposed copper deficiency caused by zinc, then turn around and start taking zinc again. I am surprised you didnt get anxiety/paranoia from taking copper, yet zinc gives you those symptoms. Doesn't make sense.

i think the copper supps would be more likely to cause an anxiety effect, although zinc could do it depending on the type. if its zinc aspartate or one of those 'excitatory' forms

Dr. B

Copper binds with high affinity to metallothionein within the enterocytes leading to its excretion through the intestinal tract. Myeloneuropathy due to copper deficiency has been reported following treatment of Wilson disease with chelation and zinc.
Iron it's everywhere and depletes copper like crazy. Since copper gets depleted from a lot more sources it's more suscitible to deficiency.

in the US, i heard most tap water has copper in it leaching from the pipes. i think this is why many in the US get benefit from vitamin C and zinc supplements if they have had a history of using tap water and eating typical grain products or cereals fortified with iron. years ago i was getting significant benefit from zinc, however as time went on it seemed to cause issues, especially after i started using filtered water/stopped tap water, and stopped fortified grain and iron products. if youre regularly drinking tap water and consuming iron fortified products you will probably be deficient in zinc and have too much iron/copper (dangerous free forms too).

Dr. B

I don't need to contemplate it lol I live here I know exactly what is eaten here and I have eastern european roots. Potatoes, fruit, vegetables, other starches are eaten heavily (especially potatoes and fruits). They eat pretty plant-based here in the USA, thus copper lack is nonexistent. This is why we have almost virtually no studies and research on copper deficiency in humans. Unbelievably rare. Iron fortification doesn't cause copper deficiency. Iron overload maybe mimic copper deficiency but its not. There are known risk factors making zinc deficiency more likely. A good example is digestive disorders which can compromise absorption.
but i thought ray has stated copper is needed to properly process iron and this is one of the issues with iron fortification. you are right copper deficiency is rare, but i think its due to tap water and copper in it. i dont think most Americans like consuming significant fruits and veggies unless its french fries.

Dr. B

Everyone that i gave zinc they had problems from it.
If you eat a lot of choline and a lot of zinc you will dream with the eyes open. You wi have lucid dreams and you will be paranoid. By raising copper and inhibiting acetylcholine you will feel best.

everyone i have seen supplementing choline seems to get acne/pimples and oily skin from it? whether its citicholine, bitartrate, alpha gpc or more?

Tell that to your thymus, especially when you get older.

does zinc boost the thymus in some way?

Zinc inhibits AchE so not surprising. Most people they need to take for a little while and as long as they consume a few servings of dairy and red meat very frequently, their levels should maintain well but not always. Bad digestion usually is helped by zinc along with histidine.

im not sure red meat regularly is advised, doesnt Ray recommend just an ounce of liver a day. he doesnt like the steaks and ground muscle meats. the muscle meats provide lots of zinc and iron but very little copper and vitamin A. also milk has 1mg zinc per 8oz and i think thats the 1% non organic pasteurized form. so if its grass fed, organic and raw it may have more. half gallon milk and you are already at 8mg zinc. add in an ounce of liver and youll probably get another 2milligrams plus 2-3 milligrams each of iron and copper. whereas if you went with like 4oz ground beef that would be another 4mg iron, 6mg zinc with maybe 0.5mg copper at most. plus it would throw off the calcium phosphate ratio

Motif

Somebody has an idea why I feel improvement in my skin / scalp itching in hours when I take zinc and copper?

I mean shouldn’t it take months to feel a effect?

but it only lasts for a few hours. It’s so strange. What’s wrong with my body?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals