Would Adrenal Cortex Increase Low Cortisol

Elize

Could anyone share their experience with Adrenal Cortex usage for low cortisol.
Would the Nutri-meds brand be OK?

Thanks
Elize

pete

Things I found doing a quick search of the forums:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I also attempted to take an adrenal cortex supplement but this elevated my heart rate too high (most days averaged around 87bpm, it felt like it was pounding) even though it raised my BBT to 97.5 most mornings (apart from cyclical dips)."

"Any suggestions on how to increase cortisol and DHEA? I've exhausted every other path, from dietary changes (including Peat) to bioidentical hormone replacement in the form of DHEA and pregnenolone. Cortisol replacement is probably my last resort, in the form of either hydrocortisone or adrenal cortex extract. The latter has recently induced adverse symptoms at high doses, but no significant effect on lower doses. Or perhaps ACE is not strong enough for me. I need to get out of my debilitating state as soon as possible."

(Reply from Bodhi)

Circadian T3 Method (CT3M or T3CM) for Adrenals–a great way to treat your low cortisol!
Circadian T3 Method (CT3M or T3CM) for Adrenals-a great way to treat your low cortisol! - Stop The Thyroid Madness

Wisdom in treatment of adrenal issues
Wisdom in treatment of adrenal issues - Stop The Thyroid Madness

"I was very concerned with low cortisol for a while, scared I would have an adrenal crisis. Lower back pain making me think it's the adrenals aching. Mostly due to listening to Andy Cutler community and their traditional info on "adrenal fatigue". Not having the scientific knowledge myself, wishing I did but, you know, low motivation. Them saying I need to rest more, cannot take Adderall. Their favorite supplement Adrenal Cortex Extract made me speed and then crash with red eyes. I've always been a "one in a million" kind of case. I've rested enough, I need to get on with things. I've been told I focus too much on my health, but it's kind of like, I'll stop focusing on it once I can function enough to enjoy myself...sort of thing."

cats said:
If I'm understanding correctly, they are saying that regulatory mechanisms rely, ultimately, on modulating enzyme availability to determine production of DHEA and cortisol in the adrenal cortex, so the availability of the substrate (pregnenolone) is not the rate-limiting factor. If that's the case, then how does supplemental pregnenolone raise DHEA? Conversion in tissues other than the andrenal cortex?​

Yes, that is his argument. As far as pregnenolone raising DHEA, the human studies show a very small effect of pregnenolone on DHEA levels. The human studies with 500mg oral pregnenolone daily found that pregnenolone raises mostly serum pregnenolone levels, followed by serum progesterone, allopregnanolone and finally DHEA-S. The increase in DHEA-S was not big, maybe about 40%, compared to the multi-fold increases in pregnenolone, progesterone and allopregnanolone. So, in addition to the enzyme saturation issue pregnenolone also seems to preferentially activate certain steroidogenic enzymes downstream, mostly on the path to progesterone. That is why pregnenolone is considered a strong "progestene" type of steroid in some endocrinological circles. At least those that have heard of pregnenolone and have used it clinically.

(Bodhi again asking)

My questions to you are:

I read allot about Adrenal Glandulars is it true that you van treat Low Cortisol with them and why do allot of Adrenal fatique suffers use them with succes while allot of people say you should use Adrenal Cortex to treat Low Cortisol????

ddjd

Things I found doing a quick search of the forums:

"I also attempted to take an adrenal cortex supplement but this elevated my heart rate too high (most days averaged around 87bpm, it felt like it was pounding) even though it raised my BBT to 97.5 most mornings (apart from cyclical dips)."

"Any suggestions on how to increase cortisol and DHEA? I've exhausted every other path, from dietary changes (including Peat) to bioidentical hormone replacement in the form of DHEA and pregnenolone. Cortisol replacement is probably my last resort, in the form of either hydrocortisone or adrenal cortex extract. The latter has recently induced adverse symptoms at high doses, but no significant effect on lower doses. Or perhaps ACE is not strong enough for me. I need to get out of my debilitating state as soon as possible."

(Reply from Bodhi)

Circadian T3 Method (CT3M or T3CM) for Adrenals–a great way to treat your low cortisol!
Circadian T3 Method (CT3M or T3CM) for Adrenals-a great way to treat your low cortisol! - Stop The Thyroid Madness

Wisdom in treatment of adrenal issues
Wisdom in treatment of adrenal issues - Stop The Thyroid Madness

"I was very concerned with low cortisol for a while, scared I would have an adrenal crisis. Lower back pain making me think it's the adrenals aching. Mostly due to listening to Andy Cutler community and their traditional info on "adrenal fatigue". Not having the scientific knowledge myself, wishing I did but, you know, low motivation. Them saying I need to rest more, cannot take Adderall. Their favorite supplement Adrenal Cortex Extract made me speed and then crash with red eyes. I've always been a "one in a million" kind of case. I've rested enough, I need to get on with things. I've been told I focus too much on my health, but it's kind of like, I'll stop focusing on it once I can function enough to enjoy myself...sort of thing."

cats said:
If I'm understanding correctly, they are saying that regulatory mechanisms rely, ultimately, on modulating enzyme availability to determine production of DHEA and cortisol in the adrenal cortex, so the availability of the substrate (pregnenolone) is not the rate-limiting factor. If that's the case, then how does supplemental pregnenolone raise DHEA? Conversion in tissues other than the andrenal cortex?​

Yes, that is his argument. As far as pregnenolone raising DHEA, the human studies show a very small effect of pregnenolone on DHEA levels. The human studies with 500mg oral pregnenolone daily found that pregnenolone raises mostly serum pregnenolone levels, followed by serum progesterone, allopregnanolone and finally DHEA-S. The increase in DHEA-S was not big, maybe about 40%, compared to the multi-fold increases in pregnenolone, progesterone and allopregnanolone. So, in addition to the enzyme saturation issue pregnenolone also seems to preferentially activate certain steroidogenic enzymes downstream, mostly on the path to progesterone. That is why pregnenolone is considered a strong "progestene" type of steroid in some endocrinological circles. At least those that have heard of pregnenolone and have used it clinically.

(Bodhi again asking)

My questions to you are:

I read allot about Adrenal Glandulars is it true that you van treat Low Cortisol with them and why do allot of Adrenal fatique suffers use them with succes while allot of people say you should use Adrenal Cortex to treat Low Cortisol????
Is adrenal cortex the same as adrenal glandulars?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals