Hashimoto's, Low Salivary Cortisol, Muscle Twitches

OP
Elize

Elize

How are you @Elize

Any news ?

Thanks soooo much for asking it is very kind of you.

For the first time in years my temperature is up. Sleeping better I am eating more calories, oils fats sugar etc. I lost some weight not that I wanted to as down from 106 pounds to 104 but am sure it will come right again. My thyroid function seems to be better as I feel warmer, less lethargic and no longer soooo constipated. I am no longer sooooo sleapy either. I still feel shaky after taking my T4 Levoxyl and compounded slow release T3 at 6am. Had brain scans done to see about the muscle twitches and all they could find was an indication of brain inflammation. No lesions, stroke, MS parkinsons etc. I hope that the sugar etc with time will help me to not longer have the trembling and shakiness.
LOL. I started with serious Peating and book by Tom Brimeyer called The Hypothyroidism Revolution. It is of great help and based on the Peating principles. I find it helpful since it is organized in such a way that it makes planning meals and keeping record of progress made with guidance on how to make adjustments etc. I am now on the second week and will keep you posted.

Best wishes to you and all for 2017.

Elize

Wow @Elize

I wanna tell u something about twitches

3 days ago
I had it in my left part of my head
Over my left ear

Usually it's constipation or indigestion

I fixed that with a herbal tea or green tea (hot) after any meal

And a walk

Anyway where are you having twitches ?

Elize i like to hear about ur situation wishing u can get better

It's my pleasure

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks a lot for sure will try the green tea have loads that I brought back from China with me.

I relocated to the US about 6 years ago. The thyroid medication I used in South Africa and Hong Kong where I lived was gluten free and natural. I Used a combination of Heel products. In the US was started out on Synthroid and that is when my issues really started. Brain fog, spasms and muscle twitches in my right and left hands/arms. My thyroid levels remained verrrrrry low T3 was rock bottom and T4 not even in the low normal range. 4 months ago switched to Levoxyl and compounded T3 and slowly my levels went up but the brain inflammation will take time to clear. I struggled to up my thyroid medication but slowly seems as if my body is accepting more. Perhaps this will clear the inflammation with time. I do Qigong, Louhan Patting, meditation etc daily and it helps. The trembling I learnt from Tom's book is due to low levels of Glycogen in the liver. For the past 10 years I had not sugar, dairy, gluten and mainly ate a Paleo type diet. I think it caused me more damage than good. Since having more sugar, dairy etc I note a great improvement in my balance, energy levels etc and with time am sure as the brain inflammation clears the spasms etc should improve. Am sure it is also an electrolyte imbalance. For now am following the diet to optimise my metabolism then can find tune on other things. The Louhan Patting also helps to warm and energize the body and I combine it with work of Master Lim. Practices I learnt whilst living in Hong Kong.

Have a great evening

InChristAlone

Glad to hear you have resumed eating sugar! Yes shakiness for me means sugar dropping too fast. I am a bit like you, short and thin with adrenaline rushes. I absolutely need over 250 g of carbs from morning til night. No exceptions. I eat a couple bananas in the morning with cheese or some other protein. I eat haagen dazs before bed and can usually make it til morning before I get shakey.

@Janelle525 it's not abt the sugar amounttt
Sometimes we re over active
So we have to consider
That

Sometimes I eat 1000 gram of sugar as oats or fruits or whatever

Because those days I burn 1000 gram

So we have to follow our cravings IMHO

For me shaky feeling is solved by 1/4 tea spoon of salt under my tongue

InChristAlone

Yeah I was just saying that I require a steady supply of carbs. I will try just salt next time it happens. Sometimes works sometimes not.

OP
Elize

Elize

Glad to hear you have resumed eating sugar! Yes shakiness for me means sugar dropping too fast. I am a bit like you, short and thin with adrenaline rushes. I absolutely need over 250 g of carbs from morning til night. No exceptions. I eat a couple bananas in the morning with cheese or some other protein. I eat haagen dazs before bed and can usually make it til morning before I get shakey.
Janelle Thanks a lot. what would 250 g of carbs be in a day for you. I am still trying to get my head around things. Do we have to eat that much sugar or can it be food wise. My throat is starting to hurt a lot and am not sure if I am reacting to the sugar or not. Today am more shaky than I have ever been. As I understood salt lowers cortisol and worry if I take more salt than I already do that I will be more shaky due to lower levels of cortisol. Oh my gosh I just take a day at a time. It seems as if what I have for dinner sets the tone for the following day. Yesterday had sweet potato fries baked in the oven after being covered with coconut oil and had cod with it. I donotknkow if I had something out of balance as this morning was very shaky. How do you deal with the shaky bouts? Thanks sooooo much for your advice. Elize

OP
Elize

Elize

@Janelle525 it's not abt the sugar amounttt
Sometimes we re over active
So we have to consider
That

Sometimes I eat 1000 gram of sugar as oats or fruits or whatever

Because those days I burn 1000 gram

So we have to follow our cravings IMHO

For me shaky feeling is solved by 1/4 tea spoon of salt under my tongue

Hi there will the salt lower my cortisol at all. I start my day 7am with 2 eggs cooked in butter, with coffee made with cream, sugar and gelatin, also have a glass of orange juice that I sip on made with 8 oz orange juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons of gelatin. 10am have some cottage cheese and apple sauce home made, 12 lunch with a protein potato chips of sweet potato fries and a fruit, 3 pm carrot salad without the vinegar as the vinegar makes my temperature drop within minutes. 7 pm dinner with chicken soup home made, coffee and orange juice an hour later etc. To be honest I struggle to eat soooooo much. I struggle to find an eating plan that is the Peat way and found that of Tom. Thanks again for all your great advice and now am going to make some green tea and try that. EEEsh this shaking really interferes with my life as I do a lot of public speaking amongst a few things

InChristAlone

Janelle Thanks a lot. what would 250 g of carbs be in a day for you. I am still trying to get my head around things. Do we have to eat that much sugar or can it be food wise. My throat is starting to hurt a lot and am not sure if I am reacting to the sugar or not. Today am more shaky than I have ever been. As I understood salt lowers cortisol and worry if I take more salt than I already do that I will be more shaky due to lower levels of cortisol. Oh my gosh I just take a day at a time. It seems as if what I have for dinner sets the tone for the following day. Yesterday had sweet potato fries baked in the oven after being covered with coconut oil and had cod with it. I donotknkow if I had something out of balance as this morning was very shaky. How do you deal with the shaky bouts? Thanks sooooo much for your advice. Elize
I just get something sugary when I get the shakes. I also don't do any caffeine anymore as I'm prone to adrenal crashes/panic attacks.

OP
Elize

Elize

I just get something sugary when I get the shakes. I also don't do any caffeine anymore as I'm prone to adrenal crashes/panic attacks.
Oh gosh thanks perhaps it is the coffee as I never had caffeine due to adrenal issues. Do you have the green tea with sugar and cream or just by itself?

InChristAlone

I don't do any tea either, in the morning its just juice, but when I did coffee I did a lot of sugar with half and half. Caffeine can certainly cause the shakes.

Elize why you didnt invite me to eat all that ?
I cant work anymore

Im so hungry

Hahahah just kidding

how r u feeling today ?

Usually who get shaky from coffee

Those have amazing liver

Because the liver works good to transform food to energy

So adding xoffee is gonna just add mre stress to their bodies

For me coffee what makes me calm
Because my liver is really tired

So it iimproves liver and gall bladder jobs

If i were you janelle and elize

I would drink some coffee
Like sipping every 3 hours for benefitting from coffee antioxidants rple and magnesium and niacin

My sister drink 1 cup of coffee the whole day

She just sip some every other hour
And sometimes she doesnt finish her cup

Me otherwise i drink about six cups of coffee

Because my liver is tired
Because i past through alot in my life
That i dont eat for 3 days sometimes

So the liver get weak

But thankfully now im getting better

Best of luck for @Janelle525 and @Elize

I was reading ur logs yesterday btw janelle

OP
Elize

Elize

Thanks a lot for all your wisdom Bahaa El wazzan. I do hope that life is easier now and that your health too will improve with leaps and bounds. I read in Tom's information that it may also be better to sip on the O Juice all day long and thus can see the benefit of doing the same with the coffee. I seem to be ok with 2 cups a day but yesterday DC was so cold that I tried to be warmer and had more coffee than just the 2 cups. LOL most important is that we stay positive and take each day for what it brings.

Very right :D

Thanks

Then you have to move to florida

You will be sweating 24/7

Im positive

I spent most of my life losing and losing

Until i start being positive and love this lovely life

And i came bsck to university

And now im an engineer
And day by day im getting better

Thank you @Elize

InChristAlone

Those have amazing liver

Because the liver works good to transform food to energy

So adding xoffee is gonna just add mre stress to their bodies

For me coffee what makes me calm
Because my liver is really tired

So it iimproves liver and gall bladder jobs

If i were you janelle and elize

I would drink some coffee
Like sipping every 3 hours for benefitting from coffee antioxidants rple and magnesium and niacin

My sister drink 1 cup of coffee the whole day

She just sip some every other hour
And sometimes she doesnt finish her cup

Me otherwise i drink about six cups of coffee

Because my liver is tired
Because i past through alot in my life
That i dont eat for 3 days sometimes

So the liver get weak

But thankfully now im getting better

Best of luck for @Janelle525 and @Elize

I was reading ur logs yesterday btw janelle
Thanks! That's the first I heard that people who can drink lots of coffee don't have good livers, I thought that it was the opposite? But yeah coffee has never made me sleepy, it usually gives me lots more energy but then I get overconfident and overdo it leading to crashes. I could never do just a little bit, it was always if a little feels good why not more? So I quit altogether until I can fix some other stuff in my life.

Bravo

:D

If we look to kids

2 years ago i watched my sister growing up as she is a baby

She is over active without coffee or tea or anything

And they over eat
They eat every hour (i mean kids)
They burn energy
Then they eat again until they sleep

Im not saying coffee is bad
But
Is helpful when the body cant transform food to energy